Car Inspection

Ahrex

When STA was know as SIS back in 1982 , they were using Japanese designed and manufactured vehicle inspection test lanes. They were located at the side of ROV Sin MIng and behind the Sin Ming Primary School. I understand during that time all vehicle final report were basically with pass or fail markings and no test data are shown to the vehicle owners.

The current STA test centres are using European designed and manufactured vehicle inspection lanes and therefore there maybe a change in the presentation of the final test reports.

euro testing more strict

↡ Advertisement

Using European make equipment does not mean the centre is following European car annual inspection standard. Singapore and most of the ASEAN nations are following mainly JIS standards

Using European make equipment does not mean the centre is following European car annual inspection standard. Singapore and most of the ASEAN nations are following mainly JIS standards

what if by default the macines are already tuned to euro standards?

All the inspection equipment are programmed and tailored to meet LTA vehicle annual inspection guide lines and testing standards. They are all designed to test more than few hundred cars in one work shift of 8 hours.

The test centre inspection equipment are different from those workshop/ maintenance type which that comes with standard testing preload programs.

(edited)

sorry to dig up old thread.

I am sending my car for inspection tmr. My alignment is slightly off even after I done computerize alignment. Mechanic told me bcs one of my shock is slightly worn out. Unable to alignment the steering perfectly.

Anyone can advice if i will pass the side slip inspection in this case. Thanks in advance :)

Edited by Mazdacar

Side slip testing is to determine how much the car move side way - in tech term it is call tracking. For safety reason the car should not have side slip of more than -+ 5m over a distant of 1 km.

To be save go to shop that have simple side slip tester and ask them to carry out the test.

I have done my inspection at STA sin ming. Seems quite slack. My car side slip quite alot and I am sure more than 5m. But they pass me. Maybe bcs of my full stock car. Haha.

I have done my inspection at STA sin ming. Seems quite slack. My car side slip quite alot and I am sure more than 5m. But they pass me. Maybe bcs of my full stock car. Haha.

How u know yr car sideslip quite bad? If inspector tell u....then ask him whats e cause.

If he cfm due to suspension then its time u change yr suspension. If he never say anything then u pass means yr car is ok n ws bluff u earlier.

Hi guys, i have received a letter from LTA to go for car inspection before my road tax expires in April. May I know wat do they inspect and how much it will cost? i have juz gotton my car for a few mths and i did not go for any Vicom/STA/AA inspection when i bought it. Is this inspection the same as that? any ideas how much it would cost? my fren told me $60++ only.. anything i should do 1st? appreciate ur replies!! thanks in advance!!

Ths one just need you to send your car in for vehicle inspection. Layman term, drive your car there, waste 30 mins of your time and chop you $80! (Cant remb how much. Dun care, cos cannot siam n no choce).

How u know yr car sideslip quite bad? If inspector tell u....then ask him whats e cause.

If he cfm due to suspension then its time u change yr suspension. If he never say anything then u pass means yr car is ok n ws bluff u earlier.

Actually it's quite bad. I am surprise that I manage to pass. I must turn my steering right to keep my car straight. Don't understand how I pass.

haha...now inspection centres also hire foreign talents....recently, i send my motorbike for inspection and the farnie thing is, it takes a FT to tell me a pink iC holder that the original exhaust pipe is modified when it is actually original ! haha..wat a joke and i own this bike for 11 years already. And, my bike passed inspection every year with this exhaust pipe.

So i told him, please ask your senior to come and inspect if " YOU ARE NOT SURE". He cannot be faulting me if he is inexperienced by claiming an original to be modified..CLown. And, his senior passed me eventually haha

Joke !

Thats whats happening here now. Bring in all those FT. Dun know nuts n try to act smart.

What to do. Our gharmen wanted to squeeze our salary down lower so ty can increase their own salary higher.

Now all start to backfire n ty got to eat humble pie after e elections.

Thats e way to show them who r e real bosses in SG. We employ them n we can sack them too. [:)]

Actually it's quite bad. I am surprise that I manage to pass. I must turn my steering right to keep my car straight. Don't understand how I pass.

U sud get a reliable tire shop to chk yr alignment n also yr tires.

Last time i rotate my front tires in jb... left to right n right to left. After that my car pull to one side.

I went to eng wah here n vincent see tires got slight uneven wear n put e tires back to previous position n it was ok again.

This was 1st time this happen to me. The tires i bought in jb n its made in msia. Next time i wun buy msia made tires again.

I just went to inspection 2weeks ago, the inspection guy told me my undercarriage supposed to have a oxygen sensor, but it was missing so he failed me. after going around searching for a oxygen sensor for my 21yrs old car, a mechanic told me my oxygen sensor is in the engine bay.. I return to inspection centre, showed them the oxygen sensor and subsequently got a pass.

the funniest part is, that inspection guy actually told me to switch the oxygen sensor back to undercarriage when my model oxygen sensor supposed to be in the engine bay.

[:/]

We'll need to know more about our car than the inspectors.They cant remember all models. And may have somehow generalised some models.

Neutral Newbie

soli bros, just want to ask: do the vicom/sta staff specifically go to check exhaust manifold if we drive our car for inspection?

Neutral Newbie

Any bro know for inspection if i have DRL installed can i pass inspection by disconnecting the wire of DRL from the batt or i need to remove the whole DRL?

Any bro know for inspection if i have DRL installed can i pass inspection by disconnecting the wire of DRL from the batt or i need to remove the whole DRL?

try cover wif black tape..make sure cant shine out when u switch on..

↡ Advertisement