Car Inspection

Ahrex

Without the road tax disc, u cannot renew ur road tax at the inspection centre counter.

Can, they will mail to you. I just renewed mine without bringing the road tax disc

Any guys can advise if followin can pass because going inspection for my 9 yr old car:-

1) White LED pole light (small ones between headlight and high beam). Can i just take out without replacing original bulbs ?

2) Original yellow fog light but i change to 6K HID

3) Rear white bulbs for license plate

4) White reverse light

Sorry for being a noob...

Thanks...

Can't give you a definite answer, as many ppl would advise you, depends on heng suay.

All your items are grey area items, depends on the inspector's temperament and mood. If you have lots of time to spare and have no other mods to worry about, then can go try your luck and rectify later if fail.

Else, if you need to rectify the other mods anyway, then might as well do everything one shot.

I've had friends who passed with aftermarket HID and others who failed due to an aftermarket white reverse light.

↡ Advertisement

okay.. i shant be so kan cheong and wait!

thanks guys!!

There is no rush to send your car for inspection so early, unless you have certain mod done for the car or your schedule is fully packed till your road tax renewal date.

However you decide to do the car inspection before receiving the road tax disc for convenience, you can do the road tax renewal at a later date with the following options,

1. Internet [ https://vrl.lta.gov.sg/lta/vrl/action/pubfunc?ID=RoadTaxEnquiry ]

- Payment thru eNETS Debit only applicable for Citibank, DBS/POSB, OCBC/Plus!, SCB or UOB Internet Banking Account

2. AXS Station (only available from 6am - 12mn)

3. iNETs Kiosks (only available from 6am - 12mn)

4. GIRO

5. Singpost and Collection Centre

For pt 1 - 4 methods mentioned above,

- Please ensure your road tax renewal pre-requisites (i.e. Car Inspection, Number plate Inspection, Motor Insurance) are fulfilled at least 3 working days in advance. (especially for the GIRO payment method)

- A validated road tax disc will be sent to the vehicle owner by post within 5 working days from the renewal date.

Hopes that help! =)

Any guys can advise if followin can pass because going inspection for my 9 yr old car:-

1) White LED pole light (small ones between headlight and high beam). Can i just take out without replacing original bulbs ?

No, they will switch on your pole light 1st when they drive into station 1.

2) Original yellow fog light but i change to 6K HID

Sure cannot, fail

3) Rear white bulbs for license plate

Cannot, fail

4) White reverse light

No funny colored light can liao

• Praise 1

Sample of the road tax disc. Not mine, I googled.

44245-f20-latest-mods-consolidated-mod_r

Whoa, the decal very fierce. LoL...

I wonder what if the TP or LTA officer see liao buay song, ask the driver to remove the decal and hold the road tax against the windscreen with his finger.

Edited by Watwheels

Can, they will mail to you. I just renewed mine without bringing the road tax disc

Can't give you a definite answer, as many ppl would advise you, depends on heng suay.

All your items are grey area items, depends on the inspector's temperament and mood. If you have lots of time to spare and have no other mods to worry about, then can go try your luck and rectify later if fail.

Else, if you need to rectify the other mods anyway, then might as well do everything one shot.

I've had friends who passed with aftermarket HID and others who failed due to an aftermarket white reverse light.

Thanks Bro... Mine stock car but changed the lights for shiok only. :D

Wow.. think I will might have issue with Items 2 and 3.. OK will mask the fog lights and change to yellow signal light first before going. Thanks for the advice [thumbsup]

Hi guys, just wanna check. I’m going for my inspection soon. N my rims & tyres are protruding. You guys think can pass? Some of my friends went with protruding rims & tyres pass while some fail...

Go STA sure pass ba ....... go at night, cannot see clearly.

Bad experience with Vicom, my car so stock also failed lor, failed side slip.  When I sent car for alignment, OK leh, it is aligned.

Go STA Sin Ming, sometime got even spin the wheel lucky draw.  I got free hair shampoo ...... heee

Hi guys, just wanna check. I’m going for my inspection soon. N my rims & tyres are protruding. You guys think can pass? Some of my friends went with protruding rims & tyres pass while some fail...

Edited by Apple-Tree

Go STA sure pass ba ....... go at night, cannot see clearly.

Bad experience with Vicom, my car so stock also failed lor, failed side slip.  When I sent car for alignment, OK leh, it is aligned.

Go STA Sin Ming, sometime got even spin the wheel lucky draw.  I got free hair shampoo ...... heee

So far my experiences with Vicom seems ok.

I had a bad experience with vicom recently. Wanted to fail my stock exhaust. A non local inspector claims my exhaust is not original to my car. Mine was a used car, but I’m sure as hell the exhaust was stock. I kicked up a big fuss saying that they are wasting my time and that they have no idea what they are looking at. In the end they decided to pass me as I challenged them to send details to LTA as my car was stock to the core. Only the radio and tires did not come as original from factory. I googled and found on eBay and pics online that indeed my exhaust had the same markings as those sold for my car.

Wondering if anyone else faced this before? I certainly do not want to go thru another time wasting argument with vicom inspectors again.

If I know my car is stock, is the onus on me to prove it is so? Or is it lta’s Duty to prove that my exhaust is not stock? I would think it’s the latter. Why should I need to get proof from the factory and agent that my car is stock in order not for lta to fine me. Quite ridiculous I would say!

Edited by Mkl22

Just to check leg room led can pass inspection or not? Mine is tapped to the door, it will switch off when the doors are closed.

Neutral Newbie

Hi, need advice on car inspection. If 1 of my headlamp is not working, will it cause my inspection to have a failed result?

Turbocharged

Hi, need advice on car inspection. If 1 of my headlamp is not working, will it cause my inspection to have a failed result?

yes!

even working headlight oso will fail headlight test most them but still pass. Most my car failed this headlight test.. guess failed alignment..

anyway for your own safety and for others pls make sure all headlights work.

• Praise 1

(edited)

Need to fix the bulb and then they will issue you pass cert. Just get it changed to prevent running second round.

Edited by Kangadrool
↡ Advertisement