Car Inspection

Ahrex

Yup, no more 2nd time reinspection free even though on same day liao. At least that is what I learnt when sent in my ride for inspection at Viacom.

Safe ride

Cheers

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Yup, no more 2nd time reinspection free even though on same day liao. At least that is what I learnt when sent in my ride for inspection at Viacom.

Safe ride

Cheers

the last i went inspection at July 2011, reinspection for window tint was free.. [:)]

just bring the paper go find the inspector, he take meter measure.. and off i go with the cert..

(edited)

anyone manage to pass inspection for changing tail light to clear (original WISH tail light is RED, mind was changed to clear by ex-owner). They gave me partial pass during last inspection.

any idea which inspection centre is more friendly? I used to go Dover STA one, heard is close and they are not polite.

Edited by Mysportwish

Inspection / LTA do acre of cabin LED if distraction of the driver & other motorists.

Just had my inspection done at 3pm today at Vicom Ubi.

Inspectors don't care about my white LED cabin light.

Neutral Newbie

pole light - 1.5watt with projector lens white color

hid foglight - pink color 8K

102 smd led reverse light

185/55/14 tyre profile

will all the above pass inspection.?

For car inspection, is there diference between VICOM and STA? [:/] I have noticed many people go to VICOM for inspection, as could see the VICOM sticker paste on every car windscreen.

All vehicle inspection centres belong to only two companies - that is STA or Vicom. STA belongs to ST Kenetics which is a GLC company. Vicom belongs to Comfort Delgro group which is a company belonging to Labour Foundation.

In the early 1982, AAS does own the kaki bukit car inspection centre but have since sold to Vicom. Similary Jurong Inspection Centre was own jointly by CIAS and CWT , now it 's own by Vicom.

Currently Vicom operates the most vehicle inspection centres in Singapore.

Correct me , as my infos maybe out of date.

Edited by Yeobh

For car inspection, is there diference between VICOM and STA? [:/] I have noticed many people go to VICOM for inspection, as could see the VICOM sticker paste on every car windscreen.

So far, all never give me sticker leh. LOL.

pole light - 1.5watt with projector lens white color

hid foglight - pink color 8K

102 smd led reverse light

185/55/14 tyre profile

will all the above pass inspection.?

Ur tyre no issue at all, but ur led light sure fail.

Previously I used to go to STA Ayer Raja for my car inspection. But now they close....

The inspection report from STA include the results, exact readings like how many mm side slip, what is the content of exhaust emission of various gases, etc. Quite detail report, not only whether pass or fail kind of report. ...

Does other inspection centers (e.g. Vicom, etc) also provides such report with the detail results?

All vehicle inspection centres belong to only two companies - that is STA or Vicom. STA belongs to ST Kenetics which is a GLC company. Vicom belongs to Comfort Delgro group which is a company belonging to Labour Foundation.

In the early 1982, AAS does own the kaki bukit car inspection centre but have since sold to Vicom. Similary Jurong Inspection Centre was own jointly by CIAS and CWT , now it 's own by Vicom.

Currently Vicom operates the most vehicle inspection centres in Singapore.

Correct me , as my infos maybe out of date.

So how come most people like to go to VICOM for their car inspection then? [:/]

There is no different in the inspection methods between test centres, as most of the testing are carried out by computerised equipment and each stage of testing the result judgements are base on pre-set standards and not by human judgements.

Neutral Newbie

I went to bukit batok inspection. They asked me to remove the pole light too ...

Now very strict le.. All young people inspect

When STA was know as SIS back in 1982 , they were using Japanese designed and manufactured vehicle inspection test lanes. They were located at the side of ROV Sin MIng and behind the Sin Ming Primary School. I understand during that time all vehicle final report were basically with pass or fail markings and no test data are shown to the vehicle owners.

The current STA test centres are using European designed and manufactured vehicle inspection lanes and therefore there maybe a change in the presentation of the final test reports.

last week, went for oil change just one day b4 my inspection date ... waited for 3 hours !!

anyway, after the oil change, the shop told me the inner side of my front tires were botak and my brake pads were wearing thin and lastly, my engine cover was leaking.

all thru the night until the morning when i went for the inspection, i was so disturbed by the comments and was worried that might fail ... but on that rainy morning when i went for the inspection at Vicom Changi North, everything went on smoothly and i also got a goodie bag when i got my cert !

only the scooby in front of me failed with his window tints ... which he claimed 2 years ago passed ... after the main test, he asked the inspector to test for him again at the car park.

↡ Advertisement