Car Inspection

Ahrex

OM now car inspection also become all Pinoy.

Maybe ty only can inspect Jeepney?

Yah, my french bonnet, they cannot open. [bigcry] After demonstrating to them how to open, they cannot close properly. [bigcry] [bigcry]

↡ Advertisement

[:p] sounds like a good idea.

went for inspection at STA boon lay, out of the 6 staff, 4 are piony [dizzy]

Very long Q also right?

Looks like have to go JIC next time.

Edited by Kangadrool

Yah, my french bonnet, they cannot open. [bigcry] After demonstrating to them how to open, they cannot close properly. [bigcry] [bigcry]

I think with so many FT coming in, we can see clearly our standards keep dropping lower n lower till dunno where.

Maybe if it continues, we end up as a First World Country with a Third World Workforce/Standards.

Like that better to b a third world country with a Frist World Workforce/Standards. [:(]

Ai, Pinoy xmm not up to your standard?? Inspection centers may one day import them :-)

Pinay I can accept but I must inspect first.

Those look like maids I send to u fr training. Those look like models n movie stars I wil take as my understudy. [cool]

Pinay I can accept but I must inspect first.

Those look like maids I send to u fr training. Those look like models n movie stars I wil take as my understudy. [cool]

But they not easy to train..... Beyond my scope.... Can I return them unopened???

But they not easy to train..... Beyond my scope.... Can I return them unopened???

Those look like maids which I send to u no need to return.

If u dun like, just dump in the dustbin can. [:p]

So far, all never give me sticker leh. LOL.

That sticker they give i tear away! Pay money for them to wayang wayang n molest me car already a bit tulan. Paste tat sticker lagi remind me of those money suckers.

• Praise 1

That sticker they give i tear away! Pay money for them to wayang wayang n molest me car already a bit tulan. Paste tat sticker lagi remind me of those money suckers.

They are making money for simple so called inspections.

In some other countries, such compulsory inspections are not allowed to be monopolized by a few big boys, especially those owned by GLCs!! Normal workshops ie SMEs are allowed to do do the inspections as long as they have the test equipments to conduct the test.

They will test the brakes: handbrake, footbrake. The steering, suspension, examine the undercarriage.

Some of the older inspectors tell me about oil, fluid leaks when they see the leaks but will pass the inspection.

Roadworthiness inspection are quite typical. But during NS we also do road test. I would also check for braking balance (nearside against offside).

You mean left right brake balance / bias checks? quite pro leh!! [grin][thumbsup]

my experience,

Own car want to easy pass inspection go STA. Wanna buy car and need a pre-check, go AA or own workshop. Last time my used car go STA, say everything ok, oil leak 2 weeks later

Some of the older inspectors tell me about oil, fluid leaks when they see the leaks but will pass the inspection.

Vehicle inspection classified test results are group into major and minor faults. Brake , side slip and some other component tests are consider major and others as minor. If the vehicle under inspection fails a major test e,g. braking force, then the overall result is FAIL. For minor failure , the overall result is partial past, so the owner will have to rectify the fail and return for re-inspection.

For some tests the inspector will adv vehicle owners to rectify the leak(s) or replace the components but since the fault(s) is very minute and don't endanger other road users, or cause environment pollution, there is no need for re-inspection.

Edited by Yeobh
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3