Where to bring toddler for giftedness assessment?

Phuakangtao

Most Sinkie parent would love to think that their child is gifted...

Works well with their Master cos they can expand their range of 'education scheme' and services...

And keep upping their fees and so their private education counterpart can do the same...

But all too soon, a Sinkie will come to realise in later years, their kid wasn't so be gifted in anyway...

cos almost all the scholarships are given to their FTs counterpart instead...

So what had happened to all the hopes of the child being so gifted in the land which he/she was born but the gift wasn't so much in reality rather it was a illusion.. :D

Anyone?

2 year old ca. Do math and spell hippoPotammous

Do appearance analysis as well? [:p] Bring to Kindergarten. The staff there can be so experienced to tell by the physical look (my nieces/newphew spotted by then there). [:p] If the child able to test the parents/guardians, should be gifted. Gifted got at least two types: most people concern with able to perform in academic studies. Able to overcome all adversities, the other. [laugh]

Edited by Good-Carbuyer

Anyone?

2 year old ca. Do math and spell hippoPotammous

You sure you want to find out?

Let the kid develop normally and spare them the label of "gifted", because it might turn out to be a curse instead (being labelled "gifted', not the fact that he/she is gifted)

Put it this way, if he is gifted, he will show it in the course of his growing up, no need special test.

And another thing, the gifted kids I went to school with never turned out to be anybody significant (as far as I know), but a few of my primary schoolmates who are now doctors or doing well in finance were just regular kids back then, certainly not "gifted".

Neutral Newbie

If you can wait till your child is 9 yrs old (Primary 3), there is the Gifted Education Program (GEP) accessment. If your child pass the accessment, he can enroll in the GEP programs offer by selected good school. Almost "guaranteed" his future in Singapore!

Usually they'll also assess kids for possible entry to GEP during Primary 3.

But I always thought that "gifted" kids in the GEP are not necessarily academically smart, but a bit strange or weird in a kind of way. Not so "normal", so to speak.

From the test for GEP, you kind of know that they are not just looking for book- or exam-smarts.

I think the most important thing in primary level is to develop good character, independence and do well enough in the PSLE to get into a good secondary school. GEP or not, as someone mentioned, may turn out to be a "curse".

If you can wait till your child is 9 yrs old (Primary 3), there is the Gifted Education Program (GEP) accessment. If your child pass the accessment, he can enroll in the GEP programs offer by selected good school. Almost "guaranteed" his future in Singapore!

What they don't tell you is where these "gifted" kids end up. Some cannot follow the system, fall too far behind, and end up?

What they don't tell you is where these "gifted" kids end up. Some cannot follow the system, fall too far behind, and end up?

IMH? :huh: