Are cyclist allowed to ride in the middle of the road?

Axela525

The bicycle never pay road tax...so by right cannot be on the road.

Must give way to those that paid road tax.

But nowadays the cyclists are getting bolder.

The bicycle never pay road tax...so by right cannot be on the road.

Must give way to those that paid road tax.

But nowadays the cyclists are getting bolder.

Ya lor...so piss off...... [:p]

Hate this type of cyclists.Farking inconsiderate.

I encounter on Bukit Timah road almost every sun morning.

The poor public bus captains,got to drive all the way behind these cyclists.If I'm on bus,I will swear like hell :ph34r:

And some worse,they expect drivers to lookout for them and they themselves riding recklessly often beating the traffic lights <_<

It not about road tax it about safety. A motorist have to pass all theory and practical test in order to drive or ride on the road, so do these cyclist have the knowledge to ride safety on the road? Do they know what to look out for when crossing a junction, not all cyclist have a valid driving or riding licence and u can see them riding dangerously all around the place.

axela,

I am road cyclist too. the rider with back pack shd not be blocking you, he shd let u pass. i would do that, just keep to the side, very easy. no need to challenge your speed, sure to lose. unless he is wearing ear phones, which is wrong, he would hear you coming.

but why are u tailgating him?

Edited by Gz0707

Nothing wrong & I won't be bothered at all.

The video was taken on a nice sunny morning along East Coast Service road which has many speed limiters and road humps.

If drivers in hurry, they can use the ECP besides this service road... [flowerface]

axela,

I am road cyclist too. the rider with back pack shd not be blocking you, he shd let u pass. i would do that, just keep to the side, very easy. no need to challenge your speed, sure to lose. unless he is wearing ear phones, which is wrong, he would hear you coming.

but why are u tailgating him?

Iam not tailgating him, just letting him noe Iam behind him hope he move aside...but he keep on riding in the middle of the road... [cool]

Some cyclists are really the kings of the Road, walkway, traffice light crossing for pedestrian etc. They will cycle on anywhere or everywhere, sometimes in the direction of traffic while occassionally against it.

There many good cyclists but even more irritating ones who will ring their bell on the pedestrian walkway non stop so that you will step a side to let them pass.

This one is really not so bad.

Of course cyclists are allowed to ride in the middle. Just wait until it is clear to overtake. If it was a car in front driving at 20kmh we have another thread calling to skin slow drivers alive. It never ends, when i'm in my car everyone else around are idiots and i am always right. Everyone on bicycle, motorcycle, slow car, tailgating car, pedestrian all dumb as s--t get out of my way.

i would suggest this. just a light tap on the horn to know u are speeding up and overtaking him. maybe he is listening to music.

FYI - recently my friend was training for triathlon and he was in the "zone" and he cycled straight into a parked lorry. tho u may be pissed, you dun want to be involved in any accident cos its very hard to explain afterwards. usually i give way to cars, and they give way to me, mutual respect!

it is common on sunday morning, fom Upp Bt Timah rd towards ols woodlands road.

most angmoh behaves like King of Monkeys on the road with their kar-lah chia, KNN b------ds [furious] .

it is common on sunday morning, fom Upp Bt Timah rd towards ols woodlands road.

most angmoh behaves like King of Monkeys on the road with their kar-lah chia, KNN b------ds [furious] .

Thks for the support..... [laugh]

Iam not tailgating him, just letting him noe Iam behind him hope he move aside...but he keep on riding in the middle of the road... [cool]

I hate it too when I see cyclists coming up on my lane. But still, quite dangerous to tailgate him so closely leh.

↡ Advertisement