China: Beijing - Recomendations for leisure travel

Panerex77

Beijing Hotels - pls tell me which one is near to MRT and amenities like shopping centres, eateries.

Raffles Beijing - 33 East Chang An Avenue, Beijing

Fairmont Beijing - 8 Yong An Dong Li, Jian Guo Men Wai Avenue, Chaoyang District

Swissotel Beijing- 2 Chao Yang Men Bei Da Jie

Also, which month is the best season to go to Beijing - least likelihood of sandstorm and rain, and nice cool weather.

thanks

↡ Advertisement

Beijing Hotels - pls tell me which one is near to MRT and amenities like shopping centres, eateries.

Fairmont Beijing - 8 Yong An Dong Li, Jian Guo Men Wai Avenue, Chaoyang District

Also, which month is the best season to go to Beijing - least likelihood of sandstorm and rain, and nice cool weather.

thanks

How nights and your objective?

Hotel budget?

Landmark hotel is just beside Hardrock Cafe n 50m to subway station. One stop to bar street and silk market shopping center. Bj mrt fare is per trip, fixed price.

G.Manger of Landmark is Jeffery(Singaporean)

A keen golfer and can arrange to play w Singaporean based there.

Just in front of landmark is Greatwall Sheraton hotel, across the street is Westin hotel, Hilton is aso near by. The best time to visit Beijing is after their National day 1st oct. go around mid oct. Best season for golf n touring. If need taxi driver to bring you around, let me know I can PM my bj taxi friend number.

Food is very subjective. Original northern food is very salty to our liking. Korean bar-b-q is pretty good n cheap. Lots of restaurants within walking dist. Avoid asian food. The prata n curry sucks. If desperate for sg food. Ask Jeff to direct you to the one n only Singaporean markan place.

Ktv is pretty ex. Foot massage is cheap, quite a few behind Sheraton.

If single..... Check out the disco nightlife . Pretty happening n wild

If looking for boys ..... Chinatown.. All taxi driver understand.

Shopping for "branded" goods .It's cheaper at Russian market near heavenly temple.

I did stayed before in chateau de luze, pretty nice hotel but breakfast buffet so so. Room huge n modern. At chaoyang district. Go tianjin as its a nice city as well

Sorry to dig out the old thread.

I'll be going to Beijing on in ard Sep and I'll be staying at the Trader's Hotel.

Any recommendations of what I can do there or visit during my stay of let's say ard 4 days?

I'll be going to Beijing on in ard Sep and I'll be staying at the Trader's Hotel.

Any recommendations of what I can do there or visit during my stay of let's say ard 4 days?

personal or business? alone or wify? [sly]

personal or business? alone or wify? [sly]

Hello bro!!! How are you?

It's business but with colleagues of both genders.........wifey not going......... [lipsrsealed][bounce2]

My advice, bring along eyedrops ... the pollution is really bad and try the peking ducks.. I didnt like Beijing... so cant recommend more... even the freat wall and forbidden city are kinda meh...

My advice, bring along eyedrops ... the pollution is really bad and try the peking ducks.. I didnt like Beijing... so cant recommend more... even the freat wall and forbidden city are kinda meh...

Thanks, will take note of that.

Was rather hoping to see the Great Balls......errrrr Wall of China though..... [:p]

shenzhen counted anot? I stayed in felicity hotel. 4stars. Weather quite hot when i went there this year in april.

But Shenzhen and Beijing quite far leh......

It's business but with colleagues of both genders.........wifey not going......... [lipsrsealed][bounce2]

In Beijing if you need a trusted taxi driver to bring you around, call Tuan 13701021223. A very nice and honest guy. Know him for 10 years.

Be prepare for traffic jam. Massive jam.

would suggest staying at wang fu jing then. it wil b a good base for u to move ard. bj is big so there really isnt a best place to stay.

hv u confirmed hotels? i recommend novotel peace hotel...at night happening. [laugh]

any extension of stay? let me know if u need recommendations. i go there every year cos i love BJ. :D:wub:

In Beijing if you need a trusted taxi driver to bring you around, call Tuan 13701021223. A very nice and honest guy. Know him for 10 years.

Be prepare for traffic jam. Massive jam.

Thanks, bro..... :D

would suggest staying at wang fu jing then. it wil b a good base for u to move ard. bj is big so there really isnt a best place to stay.

hv u confirmed hotels? i recommend novotel peace hotel...at night happening. [laugh]

any extension of stay? let me know if u need recommendations. i go there every year cos i love BJ. :D:wub:

Hotel I cannot choose leh......company policy either host book or local company book......according to office should be Traders Hotel Beijing, near Guomao subway station I guessed.

Don't think got extension got going in a group so air-ticket booking as a group....this time go recce recce then maybe next time go on personal trip...... [laugh]

This trip prob only free after dinner.......any place to recommend? [sly]

(edited)

thanks

Raffles Beijing is a good one in Wang Fu jing area

i like 798 industrial park art galleries becos i am arty farty type. [flowerface]

Edited by Throttle2

Thanks, bro..... :D

The taxi driver part is quite useful. I took one from the airport.. a China made Citreon.. that feels flimsy.. the driver drove at 140km/h and there's no seat belt .. it was like a ride in Universal Studio...

The taxi driver part is quite useful. I took one from the airport.. a China made Citreon.. that feels flimsy.. the driver drove at 140km/h and there's no seat belt .. it was like a ride in Universal Studio...

Transportation will be arranged by the host/local office leh....... -_-

Hotel I cannot choose leh......company policy either host book or local company book......according to office should be Traders Hotel Beijing, near Guomao subway station I guessed.

Don't think got extension got going in a group so air-ticket booking as a group....this time go recce recce then maybe next time go on personal trip...... [laugh]

This trip prob only free after dinner.......any place to recommend? [sly]

wasted cos novotel at night tat stretch is really happening....5 mins walk only approached at least 5 times. [:p]

anyw tis trip u jus do the goody boy stuff ok. go to Xiu Shui Jie (at Yong An Li station, very near you) for some shopping. i know these are A grade goods but my air jordans 3,4,5 lasted me years. i went crazy the moment i saw all the past and present jordans on display. one time bot 3 pairs. u can also get good quality down jackets too.

if together with the ladies in the group, go try this quality massage joint called "良子". expensive but beats singapore standard hands and feet down.

your hosts wil prob bring u to peking duck so i wil suggest u street fare. if u see those along the roadside selling bbq sticks, go ahead try n go w some yan jing beer. u wil need more beer in this kind of this summer weather. v cheap. like RMB4 for one bottle and RMB 1-2 per bbq stick.

if u in wang fu jing, go to Lao Beijing to get some mementos or snack food for office or frens. tat is really a gem n like flea mkt style where u can find very interesting items incl authentic historical items.

enjoy bro! next time on your own, then u can plan visiting the historical sites. at least 5. go during winter time can even do skiing, no need go europe. ^_^

↡ Advertisement