ST Forum: Slow To Clean In This Heartland Block

Vulcann

The GRC which her estate is in is anchored by two heavy-weight cabinet ministers.

Maybe it will finally be cleaned when the ministers conduct a visit?

In any case, littering is quite a worrying issue in HDB estates and you can see cleaners doing their daily work clearing lift lobbies of bulky disued furnitures, fridges, etc and sweeping away tissues, sweet wrappers, ciggy butts, etc around blocks. [shakehead][shakehead]

From ST Forum:

http://www.straitstimes.com/STForum/Online...ory_771293.html

Slow to clean in this heartland block

Published on Feb 28, 2012

WHILE I support and applaud the recent raise in salaries for cleaners in PAP town councils ('Town council cleaners get more pay now'; last Tuesday), I am dismayed by the state of my block of flats managed by the Sembawang Town Council.

The littered corridors are often unswept and not cleaned; and strewn often with paper, fliers, cigarette butts and sweet wrappers, which are left there for days.

Unfinished drinks and cup noodles left on staircases are uncleared for just as long and are equally a common sight.

Certainly, uncivic residents - and non-residents - should be held to account but there is also no reason for trash and litter to be left uncleared for days, and sometimes for as long as a week.

When I expressed my concerns to the town council, the reply was that the corridors of each floor should be swept daily. Apparently, that did not include my block.

The council employee promised me that she would inform the town council management. But, one year later, the situation has not improved.

Neighbourhood cleanliness should rank higher in the council's priorities.

Lim Suyin (Ms)

↡ Advertisement

but didnt sembawang won some award for one of the cleaniest estate in singapore

Not just Sembawang. Every D@mn PAP-held ward has its HDB estate graded highly, either an A or B. In yesteryears, maybe they can still pull this kind of stunt and those who don't live there may believe, but in this day and age? Please.....

[shakehead]

i believe it is the people in the neigbourhood problem, it they chose to litter every hour, how often can the cleaner come?

maybe can consider moving house :D

There should be camera installed at the void deck to deter people from littering and mess up the place so sparingly. The cleaners cannot be stationed there 24/7 to ensure the environment is clean all at times.

i believe it is the people in the neigbourhood problem, it they chose to litter every hour, how often can the cleaner come?

i used to live in the cleanes HDB in my neighbourhood.. win award before..

i am one of the 20 occuppier of a 15 story flat there for 2 years [laugh]

after block fill up... that never happen liao [laugh]

Concur.

If folks do not behave and treat any place outside their homes as rubbish bins, there is no solution to the litter problem.

So no matter how much the poor FWs keep furiously sweeping and cleaning and clearing daily, the place will still look like a huge dump bec of brainless people throwing their unwanted stuff around.

Concur.

If folks do not behave and treat any place outside their homes as rubbish bins, there is no solution to the litter problem.

So no matter how much the poor FWs keep furiously sweeping and cleaning and clearing daily, the place will still look like a huge dump bec of brainless people throwing their unwanted stuff around.

the FW cleaner at my block very nice, once he spotted people vomit in the lift, after cleaning, he bring along his own perfume to spray in the lift, but i think he get it FOC so spray like no tomorrow, i almost choke inside [laugh][laugh]

Maybe for effects (dramas), the heavy weights will ride behind garbage truck this weekend to clear the bins and then come down to sweep the place? next day ST headline: ministers walk the talk... [thumbsup] so the current state of cleanliness is the "lay the foundation" for the drama to be staged, for maximum effects?? [bounce2]

The GRC which her estate is in is anchored by two heavy-weight cabinet ministers.

Maybe it will finally be cleaned when the ministers conduct a visit?

In any case, littering is quite a worrying issue in HDB estates and you can see cleaners doing their daily work clearing lift lobbies of bulky disued furnitures, fridges, etc and sweeping away tissues, sweet wrappers, ciggy butts, etc around blocks. [shakehead][shakehead]

From ST Forum:

http://www.straitstimes.com/STForum/Online...ory_771293.html

Slow to clean in this heartland block

Published on Feb 28, 2012

WHILE I support and applaud the recent raise in salaries for cleaners in PAP town councils ('Town council cleaners get more pay now'; last Tuesday), I am dismayed by the state of my block of flats managed by the Sembawang Town Council.

The littered corridors are often unswept and not cleaned; and strewn often with paper, fliers, cigarette butts and sweet wrappers, which are left there for days.

Unfinished drinks and cup noodles left on staircases are uncleared for just as long and are equally a common sight.

Certainly, uncivic residents - and non-residents - should be held to account but there is also no reason for trash and litter to be left uncleared for days, and sometimes for as long as a week.

When I expressed my concerns to the town council, the reply was that the corridors of each floor should be swept daily. Apparently, that did not include my block.

The council employee promised me that she would inform the town council management. But, one year later, the situation has not improved.

Neighbourhood cleanliness should rank higher in the council's priorities.

Lim Suyin (Ms)

There should be camera installed at the void deck to deter people from littering and mess up the place so sparingly. The cleaners cannot be stationed there 24/7 to ensure the environment is clean all at times.

Just don't understand why these clowns like to throw ciggy butts, used tissues/pads (no the "i" type), their broken old fridge or 20-year stained matrimonial mattress around.

I mean they like their environment to be like that meh?

You throw, I throw and basically everybody throwing things to make the place like a huge smelly dump something to be proud of?

[shakehead] [shakehead] [shakehead]

↡ Advertisement