One less TCSS place - Yishun Dam

Jp66

This is one of the place 7 days a week you can see people parking their cars along the dam, TCSS and enjoy the nice scenery. Soon it will be gone ......[bigcry]

http://www.asiaone.com/Motoring/News/Story...227-330429.html

Two new road projects to improve connectivity in S'pore's north

The Government will start on two new road projects to improve overall road connectivity and capacity in the north to support upcoming and future developments, the Land Transport Authority (LTA) said on Monday.

It will expand the existing interchange that connects Central Expressway (CTE), Tampines Expressway (TPE) and Seletar Expressway (SLE).

At a cost of $75 million, the expansion will improve connectivity between Yishun, the new Seletar Aerospace Park (SAP) and the expressway network.

As part of the project, four new vehicular flyovers will be constructed and five new road connections will be created.

With the flyovers, motorists travelling on Seletar West Link will be able to access both the CTE and Yio Chu Kang Road, and vice versa. Those on the westbound TPE will also be able to access Seletar West Link.

SECOND PROJECT

The LTA will also construct a new road link between TPE and Yishun Avenue 6.

As part of this new road link, a new dual two-lane road from Yishun Ave 1 to Yishun Ave 6 will be built.

A stretch of Yishun Ave 1 will also be re-marked from the current dual one-lane road to a dual two-lane road.

The existing Seletar West Link will be widened from a dual one-lane road to a dual three-lane road as well.

When completed, motorists can look forward to better connectivity and faster travelling time between the three connecting expressways, Yishun Town and SAP.

For example, motorists travelling from Yishun Town to CTE can expect a time savings of up to 10 mins.

The completion of the new road link will also improve traffic conditions along Lentor Avenue and Yishun Avenue 2.

Tenders for the new road link between TPE and Yishun Avenue 6 will be called shortly.

Construction is expected to start in the third quarter of 2012. According to a my paper report, road-diversion works will be carried out during off-peak hours.

Both projects are targeted for completion by 2015.[attachment=64924:Yishun_Dam.jpg]

post-65725-1330390488_thumb.jpg

↡ Advertisement

I can't wait honestly. Will make it easier for me in future to go between work places.

Currently the one lane road and some absolutely ridiculous traffic light timings in that area nearer to seletar aerospace park make it dam irritating to use that route which is the shortest route.

good riddance ! nusiance cars and unsavoury motorcyclist that conggregate in that area

Dont stereotype. ITs a great place to hang out wif family and friends. Many years of fun plus the wild life and the strays who are ever so friendly will all meet their end :(. I thinhk you are being a bit stiff in your opinion much like an old man!

It's a good place to chill out at night.. esp in our stiffling heat, that place can be very windy at night..

I guess Kranji dam will be the next spot for chilling out liao..

I can't wait honestly. Will make it easier for me in future to go between work places.

Currently the one lane road and some absolutely ridiculous traffic light timings in that area nearer to seletar aerospace park make it dam irritating to use that route which is the shortest route.

I used to take this short cut route whenever coming from TPE (Pungol), but not anymore after the aerospace park development.

Spore is like that one la, either they tear down and redevelop, if not they will upgrade. i have many gd childhood memories of many old hawker centers, old marina area & kallang oasis, last time my parent will bring me and my bro there during weekend. Now all r gone, give way for developments. In spore, things come and go very fast unlike in malaysia... 15 yrs ago u see this same old building, 15 yrs later u go back the same old building still there. The only regret is last time no digi cam or phone camera, cannot suka suka go around snap pic of those places to keep as memories.

I used to take this short cut route whenever coming from TPE (Pungol), but not anymore after the aerospace park development.

Right now internally the aerospace park roads are ready. but the Links in at Jalan Kayu and Yishun dam are terrible.

HO SEI LIAO Lah!!!!!!!! Lentor ave so jam.

Huat ah! After Punggol, the next waterfront new town should be Simpang [thumbsup]

↡ Advertisement