Pioneer AVH-8450BT

Cow28

I don't think 8450 is using capacitive touch screen. You need to apply force before it senses the tapping action... It's more like resistive touch screen behavior..

Ok, I am sure it is multi touch screen as it can zoom in and out by pinching.

So it is either multi-resistive touch screen or multi-capacitive touch screen.

Only by using a glove can confirm which is which as capacitive will not work on normal glove.

But honestly, I dun give a rats s.

Click here if you are interested in touch screen

Edited by Hachi28
↡ Advertisement

Tested iPhone 4S with IOS 6 GM playing Youtube on Pioneer AVH-8450BT, NOT WORKING !!!

YouTube app by Google or Safari browser?

YouTube by Google (new app) won't TV Out even on iOS 5.1.1 on iPhone 4S. App problem/limitation.

Try using safari to browse youtube instead.

Bad news. I just saw a piece of news (not verified yet) the new 8 pin connector (as we all know by now, all digital) on iPhone 6 does not support video out. So theoretically it won't work with AVP-8450BT even with the converter. :(

Now I am deciding whether to change iPhone. Any one changing iPhone can let the people here know what features would be omitted ?

Thanks !

Neutral Newbie

Hi All, new to this forum

Just installed the 8450 at WH.

Just want to add some info which i couldn't find....

--> mainly for iphone users

*Bluetooth

You don't need to connect the iphone to any cable to listen to your iphone music

Simply pair your ip with the 8450, and you will be able to continue from the last song that was playing in your Ip

However, no Album Artwork

The Phone Function works with Bluetooth as well. No cable needed

* Iphone cable that comes with your phone (USB)

- this will charge the iphone

- Album Artwork will display

- you can search using Songs, Artists, Albums, Genres

Reading from previous posts, i guess Video is not supported if u use the iphone cable that comes with your phone

Cheers

Neutral Newbie

need help with "SD"

my album artwork are not showing in SD mode

1> i have the jpeg image in the same folder using Windows computer - no artwork displayed

2> i use a MAC, transfer files directly from itunes folder locations - also no artwork displayed

need help with "SD"

my album artwork are not showing in SD mode

1> i have the jpeg image in the same folder using Windows computer - no artwork displayed

2> i use a MAC, transfer files directly from itunes folder locations - also no artwork displayed

As my SD card is mainly for MTV, I'm not sure if my unit display music files album artwork on SD mode.

However, pls check if your RGB setting is set to Iphone while using CD-IU201S cable.

Neutral Newbie

As my SD card is mainly for MTV, I'm not sure if my unit display music files album artwork on SD mode.

However, pls check if your RGB setting is set to Iphone while using CD-IU201S cable.

Hachi, thanks for reply

RgB is set to iphone, but i am not using the CD-IU201S cable

Just mp3 files copied to 4GB SD card class 4

The artwork square on the 8450 is blank when i play my mp3 from SD card

Wondering how should the artwork be stored in the SD card to enable the artwork to display when i use SD card

Wondering how should the artwork be stored in the SD card to enable the artwork to display when i use SD card

I will try it over this weekend and see if it works.

Anyone tried the iOS 6 with AVP-8450BT

Today after work I go try.

btw, I think we have to wait for a while to see the video-out adaptor for 8450.... anyway, I wun be changing iphone soon.

ok, my mp3 on SD card no artwork too. Guess it does not support.

IOS6 works normal on Iphone4s with 8450.

Guess I will be keeping my Iphone4s till there is a compatible adaptor...

Anyway,, there isn't much upgrade for Iphone 5.

Hope there will be some firmware update for AVH-8450BT to make it compatible with iPhone 5.

Firmware cannot help, because Iphone5 is digital cable and 8450 is analogue cable.

We need a digital to analogue AV converter.... something like the picture below.

x703drgnflyf.jpg

And we also need it with the matching wire harness, inwhich no one has made it yet.

I believe manufacturer are looking into this converter, and whoever churn it out first, is gonna make a lot of money.

This is not just for 8450, as there are many other devices such as iphone dock station that needs this converter.

I think we might as well just leave it and wait for the new Pioneer digital head unit.

No point spend money (unless it is cheap) to downgrade a source input.

Edited by Hachi28
↡ Advertisement