Pioneer AVH-8450BT

Cow28

What's in it for this update?

Mainly to support iPhone 5 (with lightning connector) using new Pioneer AV cable. (I believe)

What might happen if I install this firmware on a US model AVH-X7550BT?

First thing you will notice is your radio station will be out of tune forever.

Neutral Newbie

First thing you will notice is your radio station will be out of tune forever.

That's what i figured. I wonder if updating it with proper US firmware would fix the station issue when it comes out.

Thanks

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

Anyone installed this HU on a Lexus RX400h with mark levinson system...? The installer told me that they need to bypass the original amp,but still use the orig speakers. Steering control still functional?

My main goal is to have a reverse camera. Sound quality must be at least equivalent to current ML system...installer told me it will be better..but I suppose that is subjective statement...

Change HU, change bracket, steering controller, reverse cam etc will set me back ..

May even think of downgrade a bit on HU as I don't think I will watch video/DVD in the car...so picture quality not that important...

Any thoughts or advice?

Edited by Tampinesdude

What might happen if I install this firmware on a US model AVH-X7550BT?

but many places nv sell the cable yet.

but many places nv sell the cable yet.

i managed to order the cable from 1 dealer. but problem is i am unable to even complete bluetooth software update via my macbook. send file to 1.7mb already then error. redownloaded the zip file also no use. tried using 2 methods, send file and browse and copy file over to update folder. both failed

I too stuck at stage 1 by using native Win7 bluetooth file transfer. Have already installed the bluetooth transfer app recommended, haven't tried though.

Anyone installed this HU on a Lexus RX400h with mark levinson system...? The installer told me that they need to bypass the original amp,but still use the orig speakers. Steering control still functional?

My main goal is to have a reverse camera. Sound quality must be at least equivalent to current ML system...installer told me it will be better..but I suppose that is subjective statement...

Change HU, change bracket, steering controller, reverse cam etc will set me back ..

May even think of downgrade a bit on HU as I don't think I will watch video/DVD in the car...so picture quality not that important...

Any thoughts or advice?

What's wrong with the original HU?

Neutral Newbie

Guys, sorry to interrupt. But am considering the avh-p8450bt and avh-x8550bt. May i know what are the differences between these 2 sets? :D

Thanks in advance!

Guys, sorry to interrupt. But am considering the avh-p8450bt and avh-x8550bt. May i know what are the differences between these 2 sets? :D

Thanks in advance!

8550 already have support for iphone 5...so u just need to spend more on the hdmi cable. screen seems to be nicer than 8450.

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

What's wrong with the original HU?

My other half wants a reverse cam....this RX model doesn't have a lcd screen...

Edited by Tampinesdude

i gave up on updating the bluetooth as it kept failing no matter wat method i used in their instructions. i proceed with installing 3 other files for my avh-p8450bt and now bluetooth is not able to work anymore...getting error -10 and i saw some people got issue with avh-p8400bh bluetooth dying after update...i do know the update is different and i hope i am still able to save my set as i just bought it 5 months ago...very disappointed with how their update works and killing my set and i have just spent $160 (cable) + $68 (digital vga adapter). i hope i do not have to spend anymore $$$....and i also doubt pioneer will respond to their loyal customers wimps and issues as i do not see them responding at all...i just want others to know...i am going to their service centre to try to fix the issue as of now even when bluetooth is died only, app radio or carmediaplayer don't freaking work!!!!

(edited)

Sorry to interrupt.

Can all the pioneer sets display folders and song names in Chinese? My current HU just shows some garbage character.

Edited by Butakim

I too stuck at stage 1 by using native Win7 bluetooth file transfer. Have already installed the bluetooth transfer app recommended, haven't tried though.

hi bro, most likely our BT got some issue as i went ahead and update my set with the other firmware.

once updated, my BT died giving error -10. so i went to pioneer to repair the bt module (under warranty) at no extra cost, then it's working again. 1 thing i realize is the BT firmware they gave me is 1.27.20 instead of 1.30.10... 1 .27.20 i believe is for USA version of our model.

u can try that firmware....i dun wanna touch the upgrade anymore as right now my set is working fine with appradio....

1 thing to note, if your set is faulty, please get your car audio installer to take out first. Pioneer dun do tat for u...then pass to them for repair...for me i managed to get 1 day service as i know some staff there...normal i tink is 3-5 working days.

good luck with your firmware update!

↡ Advertisement