Pioneer AVH-8450BT

Cow28

Neutral Newbie

is there an option to add in a GPS function in the headunit? not like those have to plug in phone then can use the app.

same as other pioneer HU, you can add GPS module to it. either the ones from pioneer (AVIC) or third party ones. auto image carries them.

i personally like garmin external unit so i don't have experience with those built in ones.

↡ Advertisement

same as other pioneer HU, you can add GPS module to it. either the ones from pioneer (AVIC) or third party ones. auto image carries them.

i personally like garmin external unit so i don't have experience with those built in ones.

how much do you think it'd roughly cost?

Neutral Newbie

how much do you think it'd roughly cost?

Cant remember exactly, probably in the range of 350. To me, external ones make more sense because of the accuracy, regular map update etc.

(edited)

is there an option to add in a GPS function in the headunit? not like those have to plug in phone then can use the app.

Yes, mine is install with third party GPS module with Papago 8.5 Navigation system. Use own SLA map and malfree Papago map. Update monthly. Go to ST Mobile. They help me install this when I got my P8450BT. Using it till now. Very accurate. I also install DVBT module where I can watch very clear digital TV channel and record them while driving.

http://www.mycarforum.com/index.php?showto...t&p=4571868

Edited by Gdspd08

my 8540 was having issue. i went back to auto image to take it out. they were willing to bring it to pioneer for me.

i asked them about the price of 8550 and asked them whether i can trade in the faulty one since it is still within warranty (few more days left). they took my 8450 for $450. price for 8550 is $950. so i paid 500 for it.

they don't have the adapter kit (CDAH200C ) though, so i bought it from amazon for US$55, quite a bargain :)

wow $950? :o

I just bought 1. Plus installation is $860. Just the headunit alone.

Neutral Newbie

wow $950? :o

I just bought 1. Plus installation is $860. Just the headunit alone.

You got 8550 for $860? That is good price, most shops selling 8450 for $850,

Where u bought it from?

You got 8550 for $860? That is good price, most shops selling 8450 for $850,

Where u bought it from?

I got mine at New Generation Auto @ Ubi. Bro Andrefoo got an better deal than me @ 820.

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

I got mine at New Generation Auto @ Ubi. Bro Andrefoo got an better deal than me @ 820.

Can get from autotrend at TPY... the set is a local set and not PI... but like what some have mentioned, the total setup can set u back up to 1.6k...

Set: 820

2 Din Adapter: 100

GPS: 350 if I'm not mistaken... cld be more, but not more than 380....

Can Bus for steering control: 150 for my car

Andriod cable: 110 or 120... can't remember....

Total about 1.5k for just the headunit setup... amp and speakers not included...

Edited by Andrefoo

Here is my problem:

I have the AVH-8450BT I updated firmware and bluetooth version for it to work with iPhone 5. I bought and connected the new iPhone 5 interface cable and lightning to vga cable and lightning to usb cable. Appradio mode is working. Now the problem is the bluetooth phone call quality is really bad and voice of the person talking with me keeps breaking up, although they can hear me with no problems. The weird thing is when i first pair the phone and radio together the sound quality is very good but when i turn the ignition key off and then on the radio turns on as usual but bluetooth quality suffers again. To make it work i have to disable then renable bluetooth on my phone then it works for this session until next restart. I also notice bluetooth song streaming also suffers a bit so does appradio mode reaction times, buts its not as bad or unusable like when placing calls. Can you please help me fix it.

Thanks in advance.

Recently just installed a avh 5550bt on my new ride. The installer told me this player is the same as 8450bt except it doesnt have detachable screen.Problem is i cant play all the videos stored in the same pendrive which i took out fr my 8450bt on my another car...i suspect it is the resolution and video format problem.

Anyone uses avh 5550bt here and whats the recommended video format and resolution for it?

Is the AVH-X8550BT without detachable screen? Because the product website states that it has.

Heard some bros here got some "rattling" noise with HUs with detachable screens...is it still a problem?

Hi, just got the 8550bt and cd-ah200 cable. Cant get it to link to my samsung s4. Installer tried using note 1 also cant.

Anyone can help as installer not so techy also and cant help.

total disaster....tried to update to ver 08.19....finished updating USB1 and moved on to USB2...it just freeze at "updating screen page" and nothing moved.....gave up plug out USB, turn off power, reset unit etc.

Now looks like I got a bricked unit.....it won't power up and not responding to any of the buttons or reset....

Any kind folks can help? Desperate user

Hi, just got the 8550bt and cd-ah200 cable. Cant get it to link to my samsung s4. Installer tried using note 1 also cant.

Anyone can help as installer not so techy also and cant help.

Pardon me, i'm using Pioneer but not the same model, thought it only link with OS not Android..right ?
↡ Advertisement