Pioneer AVH-8450BT

Cow28

Hi Reymund77... You posted:

total disaster....tried to update to ver 08.19....finished updating USB1 and moved on to USB2...it just freeze at "updating screen page" and nothing moved.....gave up plug out USB, turn off power, reset unit etc.

Now looks like I got a bricked unit.....it won't power up and not responding to any of the buttons or reset....

Any kind folks can help? Desperate user

Got back my unit...bt is working fine..jus messing ard with appradio...not working as need extra adaptor for s4

I just went through the same issue with my AVH-X8550BT. I was upgrading and it froze after the first USB. I was wondering how you were able to reset your unit. Can you please advise?

Thanks a bunch..

Kadyo

↡ Advertisement

I brought it back to the audio installer whom helped me claim warranty..got back another new unit.

not sure how Pioneer did to revive the old one thou or whether they can do it.....lucky bought warranty local set.

guys, 8450 dose not support Android phone through APpradio..

the only model is 8550 with Samsung adapter ET-H10FAUWESTA or EPL-FU10BEBSTD is required (sold separately), in addition to the Pioneer CD-AH200 Android interface cable kit , am I right?

8450 was the fun days, when most of the iPhone 4 software run smooth. I even upgrade with Focal speakers, subwoofer and 4 channel plus a mono amp. Now, the fever is over; partly due to incompatibility issues with IOS.

MTV with nice color graphics and bass for your AVH SD card.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KSOMA3QBU0

The new player finally comes with capacitive touch screen. Looks good albeit still requires the converter from Apple which makes the connection cumbersome.

Hi Guys,

As I started off this topic.. just to note that I have now upgraded to X8650 :).

Selling off my beloved P8450 now.

Txt me at 91714138 with your offer. Managed to get 3 months more pioneer warranty as they change I think a fuse for me.

Cheers

Neutral Newbie

Hi Guys,

As I started off this topic.. just to note that I have now upgraded to X8650 :).

Selling off my beloved P8450 now.

Txt me at 91714138 with your offer. Managed to get 3 months more pioneer warranty as they change I think a fuse for me.

Cheers

Hope you can review and update us on the key difference / improvement from 8450 to 8650.....

1 interesting feature I notice was the programming of the steering wheel buttons....is this an optional price you need pay to connect the steering wheel control to 8650?...........I miss the control after changing the car stock HU to 8450 (can't vol up / down or change track)

I need to try out the AppsRadio first to do a full comparison review.

For the steering wheel buttons, it comes with a few wires where you can connect to your steering wheel buttons and plug into the HU. So no optional wires needed.

For me, I used back the old module as I didn't want the hassle to wiring-up directly to the steering.

Hope you can review and update us on the key difference / improvement from 8450 to 8650.....

1 interesting feature I notice was the programming of the steering wheel buttons....is this an optional price you need pay to connect the steering wheel control to 8650?...........I miss the control after changing the car stock HU to 8450 (can't vol up / down or change track)

Hello, may be this post is late, but i cannot make my 8450BT read my videos, tried mp4(h264) from youtube, converted to avi(xvid - DIVX fourcc) but neither works, there is some "test"video online i can analyze to check mine?.

Thanks!

↡ Advertisement