Get These Fellows Away From My Condo Please

Vulcann

From ST Forum:

http://www.straitstimes.com/STForum/Online...ory_772087.html

Calling East Coast Park and vicinity 'home'

Published on Mar 1, 2012

I GO for my daily early morning walks to East Coast Park, behind my condominium.

Lately, I have noticed an increase in the number of people, especially foreign workers, who sleep on the benches or grass or camp at the beach, especially during weekends or public holidays.

During weekends or public holidays, the beach is full of camping foreign workers, some with makeshift cooking facilities.

So, I dread going for my walk on Mondays or after a public holiday because the beach is littered with rubbish and leftovers of these campers.

I also discovered two people using a bench in the Siglap Park Connector next to Victoria Junior College to sleep, every day for weeks.

When I informed the neighbourhood police post that they were making the bench their sleeping place, I was told that they were not doing anything illegal.

Yong Lee Sen (Ms)

↡ Advertisement

Care so much for what?

That's what I hear everyday from my fellow collegues.

Report to authority? The authority may question you like a crook and suspect your intentions. In the end like the letter, "not illegal what". LPPL.

Aiyah, this Ms Yong should call National Park mah.

They can fine those buggers $200 each.

Call polis for waz?

This is also why East Coast cannot get MRT - lots of free and well-to-do retirees - the amount of complaint letters and compensation will be crazy!

Keep it up, Ms Yong! [laugh]

Does she even know that the very condo she is obviously very proud of staying was built by these FWs or their compatriots?

This reminds me of a remark made on radio by a listener last year detesting the fact that her Holland V was now flooded with heartland folks with singlets and slippers IIRC.

If she has an issue, which she obviously has, with people littering or vagabonds, she can write to NEA or SPF directly to offer her feedback instead of showing her displeasure openly.

Maybe she hopes the policy makers will draft a bill that all lowly FWs must be confined to heartland areas or even better to their quarters after work?

Aiyah, this Ms Yong should call National Park mah.

They can fine those buggers $200 each.

Call polis for waz?

Maybe call the Professionals from CV to come share some fun with them on the beaches

east coast is simply getting too crowded ...highly-dense condo.

Small shoesbox units.. it will just worse and not better.

This type of not-in-my-backyard mentality is pretty prevalent lately...

Hi bro, sharing backyard is good but sometimes good to draw a line also.

If we have FWs or local males sleeping every nite at public parks openly eg on benches etc, which are not meant for such ZZzzzzz I wouldn't let my young daughters to go near. Once in a while the men ZZzzz there maybe it's ok.

Maybe such sleeping is ok in other countries' parks, but not so nice here. [:)]

Hi bro, sharing backyard is good but sometimes good to draw a line also.

If we have FWs or local males sleeping every nite at public parks openly eg on benches etc, which are not meant for such ZZzzzzz I wouldn't let my young daughters to go near. Once in a while the men ZZzzz there maybe it's ok.

Maybe such sleeping is ok in other countries' parks, but not so nice here. [:)]

Understand your POV.

Problem is these FWs are here and now so where can they go for recreation? Frankly I also have no good suggestions but the least we can do is not to despise them and chase them away like what this Ms Yong is seemingly doing.

I used to work alongside them and can confirm that most of them are humble hardworking folks trying to earn a honest living here in Singapore.

What the FW employers or some MOM agency can do is probably to educate them the simple DOs and DON'Ts when in Singapore.

so much so as we dislike the sight of all the FW occupying our precious leisure ground in land scares singapore, the facilities that are free for public use, citizens cannot say anything...even the polis adek also cannot do anything if all kept within the law...what can we do???

tell the government that the citizens are deprived of private public spaces and facilities that belongs to the exclusive use by the citizens...but then where can they (FW) go??? i dun like them loitering around void decks of hdb also, especially near the blocks around pioneer mrt...but that is their freedom as singapore is a free country...has the government done anything?

i think this FW/FT thing is never ending....but as long as they dun bang into me while walking pass me...i'm ok, i can still hold my breath for few seconds

Ms Yong can stay in her gated condo and walk inside the compound since the beaches and parks are public areas..there are no constitution or laws which prohibits foreign workers from being there..why is she not complaining about the ang mohs which also frequent the area? is that not discrimination?

Understand your POV.

Problem is these FWs are here and now so where can they go for recreation? Frankly I also have no good suggestions but the least we can do is not to despise them and chase them away like what this Ms Yong is seemingly doing.

I used to work alongside them and can confirm that most of them are humble hardworking folks trying to earn a honest living here in Singapore.

What the FW employers or some MOM agency can do is probably to educate them the simple DOs and DON'Ts when in Singapore.

OIC, playing in parks is ok. No prob. [:)]

I was concerned only with people, including locals, using the park as pernmanent " home"

Ms Yong can stay in her gated condo and walk inside the compound since the beaches and parks are public areas..there are no constitution or laws which prohibits foreign workers from being there..why is she not complaining about the ang mohs which also frequent the area? is that not discrimination?

She prefers ang MOHs in her own garden?

i think this FW/FT thing is never ending....but as long as they dun bang into me...

....& call me a dog I am ok [laugh] [laugh]

If all the FT that sitting, zzz and camping around ECP r ang moh, this lady will not complain one, in stead she will feel her neighborhood very atas and high class.

OIC, playing in parks is ok. No prob. [:)]

I was concerned only with people, including locals, using the park as pernmanent " home"

Ya can see quite a large no. of tents along East Coast beach during weekends.

Not sure if these are semi-permanent or permanent fixtures there but if they are then it is a social problem that needs to be resolved by the authorities.

There was a documentary on a divorced mother staying there with her young daughter and day in day out they used the free toilet facility there for bathing and drinking. Very cham.... [:(]

↡ Advertisement