Respray odyssey same colour

oomph

Neutral Newbie

Have a 5 year old white Odysssey, thinking about re-spraying whole car same colour.

anyone done this, how much would it cost? how long would car be out of action?

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

that sounds like the full change colour job. i thought that it would be faster if its the same colour.

Neutral Newbie

It's the same for any color if it's a proper full car respray. You need to sand off the existing paint primer it to make the surface smooth and then spray on the paint, followed by a top coat when the color paint drys. If its a touch up then u can probably get it done within 1 or 2 day. But remember a proper job may require taking parts apart.

Neutral Newbie

Btw my dads 2009 purple odys was sent for a respray before cny. Went to a few workshop and kah motor spray workshop in ubi. Qq a bit to the kah motor guy and he gave a discount which made km price slightly more expensive than the other workshops. For a little more my dad settled for km since it is guaranteed original Honda paint and it is nearer to my place.

Neutral Newbie

Have a 5 year old white Odysssey, thinking about re-spraying whole car same colour.

anyone done this, how much would it cost? how long would car be out of action?

Have you considered having the car detailed by a reputable groomer? How come you've opted for respray instead?

I can understand if you've some very bad deep scratches that wont come out from wet-snading or componding then respray is the only option. But if it's a case of dull reflections, light scratches, oxidisation or water marks, most of the time it can be polished out for cheaper than a full respray.

And not meaning to disrepect any respayers, if it's not done right as mentioned by another forumer, you'll find that sometimes it still wont give you the results you're looking for.

Over sprays, runny paint, pin holes as layers haven't fully cured when next layer sprayed, holograms from someone not knowing how to use a rotary properly to finsih down well.

"if you think it's expensive to hire a professional, wanit and see what happens when you hire an amatuer".

Either way, good luck if you haven't done it already, or share us some pics of you're refreshend glowing pride [thumbsup]

Btw my dads 2009 purple odys was sent for a respray before cny. Went to a few workshop and kah motor spray workshop in ubi. Qq a bit to the kah motor guy and he gave a discount which made km price slightly more expensive than the other workshops. For a little more my dad settled for km since it is guaranteed original Honda paint and it is nearer to my place.

Original honda paint? Honda does not make paints right?