2013 Hyundai I30 review

MacDuck

I also suprise it is using torsion beam. Since this car is design in Germany and target competitor is Golf, it should used Multi Link.

I was utterly disappointed. Especially when it looks quite good.

Tried the car yesterday, i must say its a wonderful surprise. ESP (traction control) and cruise control etc are included. The equipment is standard, no options, including the panoramic roof.

Edited by Magfocus

Tried the car yesterday, i must say its a wonderful surprise. ESP (traction control) and cruise control etc are included. The equipment is standard, no options, including the panoramic roof.

There was an review article on newspaper last weekend, and the review seems to be quite good on this new i-30. They said this car drive and feel like conti car. [rolleyes]

It does certainly. Am impressed. [thumbsup]

In U.S, They name it Elantra GT, not i30. Actually the feature, engine and interior etc is almost the same as elantra. not much different, except its 5 doors

Edited by Wishxsr

In U.S, They name it Elantra GT, not i30. Actually the feature, engine and interior etc is almost the same as elantra. not much different, except its 5 doors

Off the top of my head, key differences i30 vs elantra:

Full panaromic roof (standard) vs NIL or sunroof (option)

Rear a/c blower vs NIL

Electronic parking brake vs NIL

There might be more but the 3 above items for me, is worth to get the i30 over elantra.

Plus the cup holders at the centre console can be covered. I not totally sure but i think elantra cannot. Also i30 arm rest on top of the centre console and pull forward, i think elantra cannot. Again, memory a bit foggy.

But in terms of space, maybe i think elantra should be bigger? Cause sedan vs hatchback. But will the panaromic roof pose more "danger" than sunroof? if anything fall onto the car roof. [rolleyes]

Slightly - wheelbase shorter by 50mm.

Err....there is always risks lah but i think its very worth it. The view of the panaromic roof is :wub:

Slightly - wheelbase shorter by 50mm.

Err....there is always risks lah but i think its very worth it. The view of the panaromic roof is :wub:

I also think panaromic roof is :wub:, but on the other hand i somehow dont feel very safe with a panaromic roof. Also wonder will the car get even hotter with a panaromic roof? Maybe sunroof is sufficient liao. But usually mostly hatchback will have chance to have panaromic roof, like the jazz and airwave. Sedan car seldom have panaromic roof.

i30 wheelbase shorter by 50mm? I always find hatchback car boot space quite small, still like sedan car.

I also think panaromic roof is :wub:, but on the other hand i somehow dont feel very safe with a panaromic roof. Also wonder will the car get even hotter with a panaromic roof? Maybe sunroof is sufficient liao. But usually mostly hatchback will have chance to have panaromic roof, like the jazz and airwave. Sedan car seldom have panaromic roof.

i30 wheelbase shorter by 50mm? I always find hatchback car boot space quite small, still like sedan car.

Actually i30 is not like those "real" hatchbacks like Jazz/Fit & Swift where boot space is pretty small. I look at it more like a small estate (similar to Honda Airwave). Look at the comparison below. Length of i30 vs Jazz vs Swift is 4300 vs 3920 vs 2850. i30 is almost half a metre longer than jazz and more than 1m longer than swift.

http://www.sgcarmart.com/new_cars/newcars_...re.php?SpecCode[]=3266&SpecCode[]=3055&SpecCode[]=2736

You can go down to the showroom and compare the Elantra and i30.

Actually i30 is not like those "real" hatchbacks like Jazz/Fit & Swift where boot space is pretty small. I look at it more like a small estate (similar to Honda Airwave). Look at the comparison below. Length of i30 vs Jazz vs Swift is 4300 vs 3920 vs 2850. i30 is almost half a metre longer than jazz and more than 1m longer than swift.

http://www.sgcarmart.com/new_cars/newcars_...re.php?SpecCode[]=3266&SpecCode[]=3055&SpecCode[]=2736

You can go down to the showroom and compare the Elantra and i30.

Really? I always have the impression that hatchback car boot space is smaller as compared to a sedan car. Even most people say jazz has quite a big boot space even though it is a hatchback, but i still find it small. [:p] Maybe i find time to go to showroom look see look see. :D

But seems like i30 cost even more expensive than elantra sunroof version?! Like i30 is $134K vs $130K elantra.

I just went to test drive today..promo from nw till monday is 15000 off + 2k petrol vouchers..

very tempted leh! nice interior and functions...moonroof was swee..

cruise control, keyless start stop.. it has all of functions of a conti car.. went to see the jetta was put off by its lousy uncleish interior.. current promo is about $12x

I have to agree on why VW Boss was impressed with it!

price at about 115..should i take the leap of faith?

I just went to test drive today..promo from nw till monday is 15000 off + 2k petrol vouchers..

very tempted leh! nice interior and functions...moonroof was swee..

cruise control, keyless start stop.. it has all of functions of a conti car.. went to see the jetta was put off by its lousy uncleish interior.. current promo is about $12x

I have to agree on why VW Boss was impressed with it!

price at about 115..should i take the leap of faith?

$115K is after 15000 off? If yes, not a bad deal.