2013 Hyundai I30 review

MacDuck

listed price was $131k...off $15k + 2k petrol vouchers makes it about $114k actually..

want to sign it leh!!

the white very very nice with its panormic roof (moonroof)..but all along have white cars..abit sian of maintaining it..

↡ Advertisement

Good Car. Does our local version have all you see here:

http://worldwide.hyundai.com/WW/Showroom/C.../PIP/index.html

Yes this is the same version..minus off the DRL at foglights..

reverse cam is actually a small square section on the real view mirror itself!

driver electronic seats - yes

it also has this "i30 allows you to choose a handling mode from normal, sport and comport. With FLEX STEER

listed price was $131k...off $15k + 2k petrol vouchers makes it about $114k actually..

want to sign it leh!!

the white very very nice with its panormic roof (moonroof)..but all along have white cars..abit sian of maintaining it..

Lol, since you have white cars all along, dont think you would tired about the maintainance la.

But seems like i30 cost even more expensive than elantra sunroof version?! Like i30 is $134K vs $130K elantra.

U go down to showroom and u will see why - elantra sunroof nothing compared to i30 full panaromic roof and not to mention other stuff like the electronic parking brake and rear air con.

U go down to showroom and u will see why - elantra sunroof nothing compared to i30 full panaromic roof and not to mention other stuff like the electronic parking brake and rear air con.

But think hatchback usually is more expensive than sedan even for other car model. [rolleyes] Thought panaromic roof usually cannot be open, how come this i30 panaromic roof can open?

Although i30 seems to be much better overall, but i still like elantra cause of the size and spacious. [:p]

But think hatchback usually is more expensive than sedan even for other car model. [rolleyes] Thought panaromic roof usually cannot be open, how come this i30 panaromic roof can open?

Although i30 seems to be much better overall, but i still like elantra cause of the size and spacious. [:p]

The part that can open is the front part - like a sunroof. The rest of the roof is panaromic and can't open. This is same as veloster.

Saw the car today. Liked it very much but too bad it doesn't have ISOFIX. Weird thing is the Veloster has it instead. Would have expected a more family-oriented car to have it as standard instead.

New i30 come with 2nd row air-con... Which class of cars in its class have this??

i30 was design in Germany and market against Golf in Germany.

i went bk on sunday to have another test drive.. 1 female SE was finding the ISOFIX.

guess you were the person asking for it?

Yep. Heard from the SE before me got some Australians or Caucasians asking for it too.

The SE even tried asking around whether it can be installed aftermarket or order from factory.

Don't think it was possible though.

I know for Ford Focus, it can be bought after market and bolt on but anyway for Singapore market ISOFIX is standard on Ford cars. Even my 7 yr old Impreza had it as standard.

Just a bit strange that the i30 doesn't.

So did you go for it?

Still considering of whether to sign for it...thou its feature packed, im sure its OMV is quite low as well. probably less than 20K? i guess its around 15k-18k

and the trade in value of my car they offered (WRX) is ridiculously low..

I'm looking to sell it myself first before committing, no rush.

Still considering of whether to sign for it...thou its feature packed, im sure its OMV is quite low as well. probably less than 20K? i guess its around 15k-18k

and the trade in value of my car they offered (WRX) is ridiculously low..

I'm looking to sell it myself first before committing, no rush.

The OMV's 16k.

I didn't even bother asking the SE to quote the trade-in value when she upfront told me TC cars very hard to sell. Anyway selling the car ourselves at least can get $3k more than via dealers.

It is only the hassle of letting pple view the car, timing the sale with new car collection and dealing with pilots that make appts and fly away.

The i30 was one of the few cars that my wife asked me to test drive after seeing it for about 5 mins.

Thought it was a done deal until she realised the absense of the ISOFIX.

We also test drove the Elantra. Though the Elantra cabin's bigger, somehow the i30 is more stable and comfortable to drive in.

According to SGmart prices ( Listed prices, actual price may vary due promotions, discounts )

Honda Civic 1.6 (2012), MIJ, $129k, OMV $20,390

Hyundai i30 (2012), $131,999, OMV ( not found )

Hyundai Elantra (Elite), $125,999. OMV $11,800

From above, is it correct to say Hyundai cars are marked up alot although MIK cars have more latest features.

According to SGmart prices ( Listed prices, actual price may vary due promotions, discounts )

Honda Civic 1.6 (2012), MIJ, $129k, OMV $20,390

Hyundai i30 (2012), $131,999, OMV ( not found )

Hyundai Elantra (Elite), $125,999. OMV $11,800

From above, is it correct to say Hyundai cars are marked up alot although MIK cars have more latest features.

Base on the price above, Elantra price in term of dep is highest, come to i30 then civic.

Edited by Wishxsr

The OMV's 16k.

I didn't even bother asking the SE to quote the trade-in value when she upfront told me TC cars very hard to sell. Anyway selling the car ourselves at least can get $3k more than via dealers.

It is only the hassle of letting pple view the car, timing the sale with new car collection and dealing with pilots that make appts and fly away.

The i30 was one of the few cars that my wife asked me to test drive after seeing it for about 5 mins.

Thought it was a done deal until she realised the absense of the ISOFIX.

We also test drove the Elantra. Though the Elantra cabin's bigger, somehow the i30 is more stable and comfortable to drive in.

I thought the ISOFIX anchors are in the boot? No?

↡ Advertisement