2013 Hyundai I30 review

MacDuck

I thought the ISOFIX anchors are in the boot? No?

It is supposed to be between the back-rest and the seats of the rear bench.

They are actually screwed on to the frame of the rear bench.

Edited by Elmo
↡ Advertisement

According to SGmart prices ( Listed prices, actual price may vary due promotions, discounts )

Honda Civic 1.6 (2012), MIJ, $129k, OMV $20,390

Hyundai i30 (2012), $131,999, OMV ( not found )

Hyundai Elantra (Elite), $125,999. OMV $11,800

From above, is it correct to say Hyundai cars are marked up alot although MIK cars have more latest features.

From what i know, there is a standard $15k discount upfront for Hyundai.

From what i know, there is a standard $15k discount upfront for Hyundai.

Yep. Actually I think the price after the $15K discount is the 'actual' price. The listed prices are severly bloated vs their OMV.

anyone tried the Kia SOUL?

I test drove it today and kinda like it..and its 10k less than a i30.

Tough choice to make.

i30 got more features but i kinda like SOUL outlook.

for 10k more...hmmm

both shud be using the same engine.

i30 has moonroof, cruise control, electronic parking handbrake, nice interior.nfunctions

Do we really use all these extra functions in reality? good to have but seldom use?

Edited by Rayoflight

Tough choice to make.

for 10k more...hmmm

i30 has moonroof, cruise control, electronic parking handbrake, nice interior.

Do we really use all these i reality? good to have but seldom use?

If you like stiff suspension and can tahan higher interior noise (can be a chore over long highway speed travelling), SOUL is the choice.

Latest issue of Carbuyer summarises the i30 as such "The i30 moves the goalposts even further for the Koreans, edging them towards the European supremacy with each new product. The Germans have plenty to be worried about indeed".

Noticed how they are no longer compared with Japanese. A few years ago when Forte was launched, they said the Japanese had a lot to worry about. So i am thinking, Koreans have already equalled if not surpassed the Japs and are now chasing the next higher rung.

Tough choice to make.

for 10k more...hmmm

i30 has moonroof, cruise control, electronic parking handbrake, nice interior.nfunctions

Do we really use all these extra functions in reality? good to have but seldom use?

I ordered a 2012 kia soul and already been waiting for 3 months liao. lol

The 2012 kia soul is a good choice, suspension had been softened up a bit as compared to the 2010. Soundproofing had been greatly improved. While the noise level in the Soul is not as comparable to a Nissian Teana or BMW, it is much better than its predecessor.

6 spd CVT transmission with 5 star NCAP rating.....plus plenty of leg room and headroom (much bigger than i30) as it is boxy in shape.....love it...

Korean cars are on the rise.

BTW if you are talking about loud noise, you should try the Chery SUV 1.6MT.

Fooooo......i drove that for 2 yrs+. But other than the noise and 16sec 0-100 sprint, it gives zero problems and supreme reliability. Lol.....kinda miss her..

Tough choice to make.

for 10k more...hmmm

i30 is full panaromic roof, not moonroof - its literally a very big difference.

For me the Soul is way too boxy in design and the interior is slightly dated (compared to i30). But if you like boxy (i know some do) then by all means!

Turbocharged

I looked at i30 at IMM yesterday. Overall looks are good. Boot space should be about 22 inches deep, quite sufficient.

Price still not right......

Also fear the sunroof feature: will it have problems as I tend to keep my car long term; will the insurance be higher; definitely costly if it cracks, quite a useless option.

Think prices for Hyundai should come down soon. Their new models tend to be marked up quite high. With Toyota Auris, VW Mk7, even Sylphy at around the same price Komoco will have to price theirs better.

Btw anyone bought the new i30 since its launch last year? Like haven't seen any on the road.

Btw anyone bought the new i30 since its launch last year? Like haven't seen any on the road.

errr........ here is one person who has axed the i30 from shopping list......everything looks good ( outside and inside .... and price ) but the panoramic sunroof is something i would rather avoid.

also, insurance i think should be higher for s/r car..... right?

↡ Advertisement