Careful Before Badmouthing Your Boss In Office...

Vulcann

(edited)

Any bros watched the HK movie 窃听风云 (OVERHEARD) starring 古天乐 Louis Koo?

Am no IT/surveillance expert and thought the part where they claimed they were able to eavesdrop via our smart phones to any conversation near to it as long they get hold of the phone number was some fantasy until I read this article.

So the next time you wanted to [furious] about your boss or company in the office to your co-workers, think twice... [sweatdrop] [sweatdrop]

From ST Sunday Times:

http://www.straitstimes.com/BreakingNews/S...ory_773579.html

Office gadget spyware gaining in popularity

Published on Mar 4, 2012

By Siau Ming En

ST_IMAGES_SMEMOUSE04_8We.jpg

The spy mouse, modified from an ordinary one, takes a SIM card. It requires only a phone call to activate it and all sounds within a 10m radius can then be heard. -- PHOTOS: COURTESY OF SGSPYCAM.COM

Here's a reason for you to watch what you say at work: That innocent-looking mouse on your desk could be transmitting your conversations to your boss.

Same with the thumbdrive. Spyware has made its way into offices, and it has gone beyond hidden cameras.

The 'spy mouse', a modified version of the ordinary gadget, becomes a listening device with an embedded SIM card. All it takes is a phone call to that number to activate it. All sounds and conversations within a 10m radius of the mouse can then be heard by the caller.

BACKGROUND STORY

While there are no privacy laws in Singapore, a spyware user could breach encompassing laws, such as that regarding confidence. 'If confidential information is accessed without permission, by improper acquisition, then the courts may protect such information,' said Mr Bryan Tan of Keystone Law Corporation.

Sellers say there is a healthy market for such spy equipment.

Edited by Vulcann
↡ Advertisement

just dumb to bad mouth boss and colleagues in office anyway. not smart as someone might pao tow, even before the age of this 007 bugs. good old office politics can ruin someone with big mouth

Moral of story....

Be careful when your IT guys decided to give you a new keyboard and mouse and table clock out of the blue?

Going to replace my office mouse n keyboard with third party one.

your office pc/phone also probably inside got bug if the employer want to bug mouse.

Moral of story....

Be careful when your IT guys decided to give you a new keyboard and mouse and table clock out of the blue?

[sweatdrop] [sweatdrop] [sweatdrop]

Just got my laptop upgraded by our IT department late last year...

...but I have been singing praises about my boss since I read the article [laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

Turbocharged

your office pc/phone also probably inside got bug if the employer want to bug mouse.

Yahor. How come i didnt think of this. [cool]

(edited)

whatever happened to privacy ah?

and also, for an employer tat does such tings only goes to show tat he/she is a suspicious,petty fark.

Sis, bo bian they say employers are entitled to do that.

If you are in their shoes you also do not want your staff to do stuff behind your back or say nasty things about you or the company right?

Having said that, I will not want to work in such a organisation if I know about they have such a practice though... [shakehead] [shakehead]

Edited by Vulcann

whatever happened to privacy ah?

and also, for an employer tat does such tings only goes to show tat he/she is a suspicious,petty fark.

worst still...... they spy u on forum [laugh]

worst still...... they spy u on forum [laugh]

or what you are surfing during office hours...

Shucks, better get back to work.... [sweatdrop]

Sis, bo bian they say employers are entitled to do that.

If you are in their shoes you also do not want your staff to do stuff behind your back or say nasty things about you or the company right?

Having said that, I will not want to work in such a organisation if I know about they have such a practice though... [shakehead] [shakehead]

i dun wan my staff to do sh|t behind me back, yes.. but still.. to resort to petty form of spying [shakehead]

unless my organization is dealing with highly confidential info, i might at most limit their internet access ...

Supersonic

just dumb to bad mouth boss and colleagues in office anyway. not smart as someone might pao tow, even before the age of this 007 bugs. good old office politics can ruin someone with big mouth

Agreed, if want to bad mouth about boss and colleagues, do it outside the office. You never know who is listening when you bad mouth somebody within the office premises. [rolleyes]

↡ Advertisement