Would you buy an 'ugly' car?

The_Bear

Would you buy an 'ugly' car?  

91 members have voted

1. 1. Would you buy a car that tick all the boxes but ugly?

• Yes
    • No

Turbocharged

You are shopping around for a car. There is this particular model that suits your budget and needs. Specifications are exactly what you wanted. Only problem is that you don't like the exterior design. It is either too plain or ugly. Would you buy?

For me, it's the Skoda Superb. The car ticks all the right boxes. Full specs, good size, good engine and priced sensibly. But in my opinion, inconceivably ugly. So what would you do?

↡ Advertisement

i did, nissan latio sedan.

its fugly externally but, internally, its the best of its class(that time in 2006).

but it was never in my lists of cars to buy when i was shopping for 1 till i actually sat in one.

Supersonic

If fits my budget and the spec also what i looking for, also i need a car then i will buy even the exterior is ugly. :D

You are shopping around for a car. There is this particular model that suits your budget and needs. Specifications are exactly what you wanted. Only problem is that you don't like the exterior design. It is either too plain or ugly. Would you buy?

For me, it's the Skoda Superb. The car ticks all the right boxes. Full specs, good size, good engine and priced sensibly. But in my opinion, inconceivably ugly. So what would you do?

Normally when I shop around I would have my criteria of what kind of car I need. And that is including exterior design. With that in mind, I wouldn't be forced to buy something less than I expected just to endure it for a few years... Of course, there are other factors like what kinda car I could get with my budget... :D

i think most people prefer a car to look nice than ugly. So choosing a not-so-good-looking car is more a matter of "no choice" rather than "it doesn't matter"...

...and I have to agree with you that Skodas tend to fit into that category... [:p]

No. Why? Cos in the near future when a better looking car which also tick all the boxes arrives, you would want to change to that car. Waste money. :D

For me looks are still one of the major considerations cos I'm a guy and let's face it, guys are shallow, LOL... Why do you think we would buy car magazines on a monthly or weekly basis? To look at the car interior? To ogle at the chio car exterior of course. I can make compromises a bit here or there but not the exterior. Plus I won't waste time on zhning the car to get over the ugly look.

You can at the same time ask which guy here can settle for a wife with ugly looks but have good character and is a good wife.

Supersonic

You said it right Budget and Needs.

If both met, I will buy that car. Even if it's the Nissan Almera.

Agreed lo, although i find almera very ugly, but if i could only afford to buy this car and i really really need a car, i dont mind buying this ugly car. [laugh]

Supersonic

Wondering if in terms of the car design and the colour of the car, which one would you guys priority first? Can you accept to buy the colour that you doesnt like or not on your first choice? [:/]

Wondering if in terms of the car design and the colour of the car, which one would you guys priority first? Can you accept to buy the colour that you doesnt like or not on your first choice? [:/]

Car design of course. Cos if the design is good it will go well with the given choice of colours(pls dun suggest pink colour). If car design is only acceptable best is to choose dark colours.

(edited)

I like the Bauhaus concept of Form follows Function

and the Skoda Superb is one of my favourite cars.

And I would buy it if I needed the size and space

regardless of looks especially when you are sitting inside.

A car is something we sit in and always look out of.

Would you prefer to live in an ugly building

looking out to a beautiful condo next door

or live in a beautiful condo and look out to an ugly building?

The difference between a condo and a car is you can always close the curtains

and enjoy the interior inside. In a car you cannot drive around with the curtains closed.

Although I did meet a driver who drove with his curtains closed

and he also whacked me when he was changing lanes.

:D

Edited by Jamesc

I don't think it is ugly, except I don't like the green in the logo. [:p]

IMO, I think Juke is fat & ugly.

Supersonic

Car design of course. Cos if the design is good it will go well with the given choice of colours(pls dun suggest pink colour). If car design is only acceptable best is to choose dark colours.

How come choose dark colours? [:/]

Turbocharged

How come choose dark colours? [:/]

Like the F-117. It was so ugly that the USAF don't want their enemy to see it. [laugh] [laugh]

"Ugly", "not so good looking" all depends on the individual. Except very few cars which are well accepted as "ugly" by most, other controversial ones fall either like or hate. In my case, except the present one, all other cars I owned were accepted by some and hated by some for their look. I never cared or bothered on others opinion, I liked those cars, I bought them.

The typical syndrome in our country is if it is expensive car, no one dares to talk if it is ugly. In my opinion, Porsche 911 is ugly, well most of us would not dare to say so, where as we go after all Jap or Korean cars because they are cheaper??!! strange behaviour!!

You sit in it, you don't see how ugly your car is. You only see it as you walk towards it to get onto it, and you can choose not to look back after you're done parking it.

↡ Advertisement