How come still got such people around?

Scb11980

Man pays 'sinseh' $12k, ends up losing both kidneys

Wednesday, Mar 07, 2012

The Star/Asia News Network

KUALA LUMPUR - A factory operator lost both his kidneys after seeking treatment from a so-called sinseh, who used at least 60 needles to poke his head and abdomen "to flush toxins out of his body".

Besides getting an infection after just two sessions, Wong Kim Min, 47, said his abdomen was also bloated for some time.

Wong, who has been suffering from kidney problems for the past 10 years, said he consulted the sinseh, known as Dr Lau, on July 5 last year.

The sinseh, in his late 20s, was introduced to him by a friend.

"He claimed that he could treat me as my problem was just a minor medical condition," Wong said, adding that he was asked to pay RM30,000. As part of the treatment, the sinseh used needles to poke Wong's head and abdomen without giving any anaesthetic.

"After the first session, I suffered severe pain and started developing high fever. My abdomen was also swollen," he said.

"I called Dr Lau but he advised me not to seek treatment at any hospital as I would be given antibiotics which would worsen my condition," he told a press conference organised by MCA Public Services and Complaints Depart-ment head Datuk Seri Michael Chong here yesterday.

Wong said three days later, he went back for a second treatment session whereby syringes were used on him again.

"My situation worsened after that. I could no longer urinate, so I decided to seek treatment four days later at Ampang Hospital where I was told that blood clots had blocked my urinary tract."

Wong said he was transferred to Kuala Lumpur Hospital the next day but his condition was so bad that the doctors had to remove both kidneys to save his life.

He was discharged 38 days later. Wong said he now has to undergo dialysis every two days.

"I cannot urinate because I do not have a kidney and I am only allowed to drink 300ml of water a day," he said, adding that he also suffers from sleeplessness and dizziness.

Wong's lawyer Tan Kim Soon said a police report had been lodged against the practitioner on Jan 31.

"He was then arrested and remanded. However, in a letter dated Feb 10, my client was told by the police that no further action could be taken against the sinseh due to lack of evidence," he said.

He said he would write a letter on behalf of Wong to ask the police to review the case.

↡ Advertisement

He went to a false sinseh.

If he wanted a real one he should have come to me.

No needles needed, I just burn paper and put the ash

into water and he drinks it.

If a lady has a problem then I will just do a flower bath

for her personally.

People should be careful about going to bluff sinsehs.

:D

Turbocharged

He went to a false sinseh.

If he wanted a real one he should have come to me.

No needles needed, I just burn paper and put the ash

into water and he drinks it.

If a lady has a problem then I will just do a flower bath

for her personally.

People should be careful about going to bluff sinsehs.

I think you will join the lady in the bath and deflower her :D

I think you will join the lady in the bath and deflower her :D

Customer satisfaction is very important

and exclusive personalised service is guarenteed.

depends, pai kua how?? [laugh]

Customer satisfaction is very important

and exclusive personalised service is guarenteed

by my young trainee assistant.

Hypersonic

RM30k is a lot of money [knife] I pity the poor guy. It's easy to say "Why so stupid" after the incident but it's difficult to judge when someone is sick with no options.

Hypersonic

poor fella lost both his bloody kidneys and you all can still laugh...

damn sad sia... [smallcry]

People here got no sympathy. It's a sad place <_<

RM30k is a lot of money [knife] I pity the poor guy. It's easy to say "Why so stupid" after the incident but it's difficult to judge when someone is sick with no options.

It's sad. But he has options. For 30K he can got to lots of respectable hospital.

Sad, but he's only his ignorance to blame.

poor thing..in truly asia still quite a number of pple who believes in those things..probably because the country too big difficult to disseminate information , lack of education or just plain ignorance

It's sad. But he has options. For 30K he can got to lots of respectable hospital.

Sad, but he's only his ignorance to blame.

i kinda agree with you... BUT sometimes i guess its how you are related to the victim..

i may not know this fella but i've had a near death experience so i really thing its not funny...

anyways watever we live and we can die anytime... so watever

god bless...

i kinda agree with you... BUT sometimes i guess its how you are related to the victim..

i may not know this fella but i've had a near death experience so i really thing its not funny...

anyways watever we live and we can die anytime... so watever

god bless...

+1

I can't really blame this guy.Like u said,I also have frens who has terminal illness.They and their family are so desperate that they will try anything and pay anything for the love ones to be cured.

Will only blame those suckers who prey on the them [rifle] victims

+1

I can't really blame this guy.Like u said,I also have frens who has terminal illness.They and their family are so desperate that they will try anything and pay anything for the love ones to be cured.

god bless... hiaz...

+1

yah. if reach serious stage, any alternative medicine is hope however silly or superstitious it seems to anyone else.

↡ Advertisement