Volvo XC90

SLSAMG88

as what i predicted, xc90 now below 300k after discount.. will go lower cos cant selll

It is not that the XC90 cannot sell. In fact it is sold out till Feb 2016. The price is lower also coz the specs is lower, no longer the very high-spec launch models (1st shipment only).

In fact, next year will see the XC90 come equipped with air suspension.

It is not that the XC90 cannot sell. In fact it is sold out till Feb 2016. The price is lower also coz the specs is lower, no longer the very high-spec launch models (1st shipment only).

In fact, next year will see the XC90 come equipped with air suspension.

air suspension? XC90 lowrider yo!

lowrider-ride-o.gif

Current price of one new XC90 will allow me to purchase 2 of the old war elephants, with change.  :TT_TT:

Most likely will renew another 10years. 

seriously, izit worth it?  coz renewal will forfeit the high parf value!

I wouldn't mind renewal of COE if the parf value is low (like japs), but the xc90 will easily cost 20-30k . . . right?

seriously, izit worth it?  coz renewal will forfeit the high parf value!

I wouldn't mind renewal of COE if the parf value is low (like japs), but the xc90 will easily cost 20-30k . . . right?

Depends lah... different thinking for everyone.

If you need a car like XC90 (strong, safe, basically can throw crap and sundries in without giving one), it's quite hard to find a peer in the Singapore market. I make deliveries in that tank sometimes. That's why I've been toying with the idea of renewing it at the cost of PARF value. I can't get the same with that 20-30k.

• Praise 1

Depends lah... different thinking for everyone.

If you need a car like XC90 (strong, safe, basically can throw crap and sundries in without giving one), it's quite hard to find a peer in the Singapore market. I make deliveries in that tank sometimes. That's why I've been toying with the idea of renewing it at the cost of PARF value. I can't get the same with that 20-30k.

what's yr parf value then, to justify the renewal?

agreed, i can even deliver a dining table for 6 in it!

what's yr parf value then, to justify the renewal?

agreed, i can even deliver a dining table for 6 in it!

I've forgotten. Probably $32 - $33k.

Don't feel like forking out another $100k+ just for a brand new, shiny, white as an unicorn, amazing XC90.

heard there is this clean zone air quality system in new XC90 that can filter out haze. sounds like a very volvo thing to do

I think Merc also have something like this?

I think Merc also have something like this?

I think it only comes with the XC90. To my knowledge, the other models in the line-up omitted this feature. Our Malaysian neighbors however got to enjoy full-spec Volvos for a long time.

The CleanZone approach

Filtering outside air accounts for only half of CleanZone’s holistic approach to improving the driver’s environment. The other half, minimizing harmful emissions within the car, is just as important. And Volvo Cars has a number of programmes in place to achieve this.

Drivers, for example, appreciate that when they unlock their cars by remote control, the remote cabin ventilation system automatically vents out the interior air within one minute, getting rid of odours and emissions before drivers enter.

But in fact, the work to minimize interior emissions begins long before the cars are even built, with strict controls on the substances that may be used inside the cars. And Volvo Cars is leading the industry in switching to new, less toxic materials with fewer harmful additives. 

Volvo Cars has also implemented a rigorous test programme to monitor and control emissions. This programme includes evaluations by the Volvo Cars Nose Team, whose members smell different objects to determine if their odour is acceptable or too strong. What is known as the ‘new car smell’ is actually low levels of emissions from materials. The levels do not present a danger but on hot days, concentrations that irritate hypersensitive people may occur.

Another aspect of the programme is the sun simulator test, in which the car is heated until the interior reaches a temperature of 65º Celsius - simulating parking in the sun on a hot summer's day. The emissions of Total Volatile Organic Compounds (TVOCs) and aldehydes are then measured. Volvo has a very strict limit for TVOCs, since high levels in interior air can cause headaches, nausea and dizziness – and trigger asthma. Aldehydes are also limited because they, especially formaldehyde, can cause both respiratory and contact allergies. Nickel, another source of contact allergies when released from metallic surfaces, is also minimised.

BTW, if you find the interior of the new XC90 beautiful, you got to hand it to Robin Page who was poached by Volvo to be Head of Interior Design. Robin was previously with Bentley as the Head of Interior Design for 12 years.

• Praise 2

Neutral Newbie

Hi all.

My Volvo xc90 has real humming sound when drive 70km/hr and its sound getting louder when speed up further recently. Could anyone advise me the suspected problems and recommend Some good workshop so that I can repair?

Neutral Newbie

Hi. I am keen on xc90 right now esp 2nd hand ones. Most i saw are now 8 to 9 yrs old. Some are coe renewed. Just wanna know if getting 2nd hand ones r a baaaad move now;?

Supercharged

Hi. I am keen on xc90 right now esp 2nd hand ones. Most i saw are now 8 to 9 yrs old. Some are coe renewed. Just wanna know if getting 2nd hand ones r a baaaad move now;?

well it all voice down to the depreciation. compare to new , pre owned depreciation must be at least 2-3k cheaper else it makes no senses. also look at capital outlay. if you think coe will drop or cash flow limitation then go for pre owned for temp ownership. also volvo now all come from china factory unlike the older generation still from sweden or belgium i think, quality is it compromised i dont know. but i wont pay so high for a china made car although some will challenge the quality control is documented and same. but i think otherwise.. is like thai made or jap made. 

I stand corrected. I think only S90 (maybe V90 too) and XC60 are from china plants...

Conti best to buy preloved...Soya said one.