Singapore Airlines Offers Pilots Unpaid Leave

MacDuck

this news is still not reported in Straits Time/CNA yet..i wonder why the delay [rolleyes]

Towkay! Today Strait Times front page ah! [laugh]:D[laugh]

this news is still not reported in Straits Time/CNA yet..i wonder why the delay [rolleyes]

i tot its on the front page?

unless i am reading tomorrow's paper.

Have la, today's papers front page big big.

A friend from the industry tells me SQ is only hiring 80 cadets for financial year 2012/13 and existing cadets are having their training slowed down.

Turbocharged

I love the thread title...

so very kind of SQ to "offer" their pilots unpaid leave - they are very very generous and deserve a "best employer" award.........

I love the thread title...

so very kind of SQ to "offer" their pilots unpaid leave - they are very very generous and deserve a "best employer" award.........

[laugh] Come retrenchment, I think those who did not take up this "voluntary" leave would most probably be the first to get axed. [knife]

act not very surprised. their load factor has been dropping mth on mth. and its almost constantly promo fares r available if u can disregard the miles.

[laugh] Come retrenchment, I think those who did not take up this "voluntary" leave would most probably be the first to get axed. [knife]

2 years unpaid leave! I would rather the company retrench me immediately, take the $ and look for better opportunity.

2 years unpaid leave! I would rather the company retrench me immediately, take the $ and look for better opportunity.

yalor! at least still got retrencement marnie! i think sia trying to save on retrencement money [sly]

As quoted from SQ's website,

Training

You will spend 15 to 17 months on training to acquire an Airline Transport Pilot

Neutral Newbie

office no papers [laugh]

then dont wonder why not reported.

havent even check and you start talking c--k.

So was this approved by the old man?

He has the most interest in the pilots issue previously. Even threaten to sack them all and get pilots from india(china)?

Funny, just last year there are reports of pilots shortfalls due to increased budget flights and demand of pilots are great everywhere.

Today's news really come as a Shock to me. I cannot fathom how the hell the demand can suddenly dropped so much, and need to promote two years unpaid sabbatical leave.

Which pilots is so kum-gong to forgo the easy money and rest for extended period of time?

Why not just reduce the salary of the pilots, untill some chose to jump ship, supply and demand balancing act.

↡ Advertisement