CNA: Employers' Concerns Considered, Says MOM

Vulcann

Turbocharged

i agree....maid levy collected for what huh? what does MOM do with it? i would also rather the levy goes towards increasing the maid salary....win-win for all...maid work hard, employer happy....

they consult themselves over teabreak then ask corporate comms to issue statement.....that poor fellow kena shoot by many pple....

same like COE & ERP...to regulate car population & traffic situation...haha....now seeing more luxury cars on the roads...many new SKx plates of BMW, Benz & Audi.....the rich gets richer, the middle gets more butter and the poor gets poorer...Richer, Butter & Poorer....

Damn, I didn't know maid can be such a big issue. Meaning must be a lot of people got maids.

I lived alone, maybe I should get a maid too to wash my clothes, wash my car and sweep my floor. At least I follow the trend.

↡ Advertisement

I don't know about you guys, but I have a strong belief that everyone can grow up well without maids or tuition teachers.

I am not sure when did maid or tuition teachers became a basic necessity.

If this trend goes on, I think the next "basic neccessity" are fitness instructors/ personal trainers. Everyone just want to eat and eat, lazy to walk, so just spend money set up home gym and get the instructor in for themselves and their obese kids.

i beg to differ......last time in a family, 1 person working is enough to feed whole family.....try it now.....

i believe many pple will say "u choose ur own path" and "cannot have the best of both world"...

for me, i stay punggol while my in-laws stay amk...they help me look after my 3 kids while both of us are at work...my 3 kids studying in amk within walking distance...maid is to do household chores only....not even washing car...i wash car myself...my kids have tuition once/week...and no other activities....cos both of us can't teach cos method outdated....

so i have car, house etc....1 person income possible? unless high flyer...but me a low employee....so wife also got to work to supplement income....i consider our household to be middle income class

so to each his own.....end of the day is dun expect gov for help for those middle-income......now even 1K can buy hdb flat.....i wonder how!!!!!

Damn, I didn't know maid can be such a big issue. Meaning must be a lot of people got maids.

I lived alone, maybe I should get a maid too to wash my clothes, wash my car and sweep my floor. At least I follow the trend.

haha...u not IN oredi by not following trend...U R OUT !

Neutral Newbie

Hong Kong got no FDW levy ? Are you sure about it, or did you guess ?

My bad,

Not got no levy but suspended from the need to pay levy till 2013

Q48: Under what conditions will an employer enjoy the waiver of levy during the suspension period from 1 August 2008 to 31 July 2013?

A48: Employers are not required to pay the Employees Retraining Levy as long as the visas for the helpers are granted by the Director of Immigration from 1 August 2008 to 31 July 2013 regardless of the date of signing the employment contract or the date of submission of the visa application.

Anyway the levy is HK$9,600 for 2 years

Cheers

Hypersonic

$27.6 MILLION PER MONTH or more ( not less)!!

[jawdrop] Oh my... what do they do with all that money? Or all the other monies they collected???

Hypersonic

$27.6 MILLION PER MONTH or more ( not less)!!

[jawdrop] Oh my... what do they do with all that money? Or all the other monies they collected???

You must be a out of touch ..Sinkie..

From where I come from...maids are seen everyday walking dogs...babes..and talking cxck gathering...and know each other by their own kind from their own country of origin...

Some even have more than 1 maid...

I know of a few single guys and gals , living alone who have a maid for themselves, living in a BIG BIG HOUSE...

You must be a out of class Sinkie...

and a low class one too...in the eyes of your MASTER!

Which is why they are geting FTs in!l :D

↡ Advertisement