05 rx8 or 05 a4

Joe25

Hi to all bros and sis,

Need ur help in choosing between rx8 and a4.

Which is better in reliability and maintenance wise?

Planing to get 1 now. Tks

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

If its type S then go for it. Type S 260bhp, non-type s 215 bhp, the acceleration pickup is slower than a skoda taxi. But really go for the type s instead of the A4 because the type s is really engaging to drive cause got power and handle really well. A4 is more practical can squeeze 5 or 6 but RX8 is a strict 4 seater. A4 quieter and more comfy suspension.

Neutral Newbie

Suggest u research more on the insurance for rx8. I have a colleague who drives an rx 8. He did tell me that not a lot of insurance company would want to insure this car. The rx 8 is reliable but its maintenance needs are a little different. It eats engine oil, so u must always check the oil level and top it up regularly. I was once seriously considering getting one, but the insurance part changed my mind.

Suggest u research more on the insurance for rx8. I have a colleague who drives an rx 8. He did tell me that not a lot of insurance company would want to insure this car. The rx 8 is reliable but its maintenance needs are a little different. It eats engine oil, so u must always check the oil level and top it up regularly. I was once seriously considering getting one, but the insurance part changed my mind.

Also 'drinks' petrol,1L the most 7km.

Fc is not a concern. Is the ins I'm thinking about. Hope the ins is not too high or else I'm left with Audi a4. Which is easier to maintain?

Supercharged

If high maintenance in terms of expensive replacements parts, I would suggest the RX8. From what I know, the axles, steering and most of the other parts are very expensive to replace. Mostly into the thousands.

Good point to note though, it does not break down easily... so.... yeah...

Fc is not a concern. Is the ins I'm thinking about. Hope the ins is not too high or else I'm left with Audi a4. Which is easier to maintain?

Insurance is not really that high,are you sure F.C. not a concern.???1L 7km,is very little,think twice,my car is getting 1L 8km,already very worrying.....

↡ Advertisement