Why cant i start a new tread in the General discussions?

Xtremee

don't say i never warn you...forum mods are damn on nowadays..

posting useless stuff just for the sake of pushing up your post count (aka post whoring) is not taken kindly..

Or eaten by bears....

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

QUOTE (Namska @ Apr 14 2012, 12:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i am also facing the same problem leh

u oni have 11 posts...another 14 posts

that

that

oso

can

that

oso

can

meh?

dang, how come mine onli considered 1 post? :D

Hi guys,

I am newbie here so cannot start post in correct thread / sub-forum. Need some urgent advice!

My car was fined by LTA for parking in front of a closed gate of a private building. But I argued to say my car did not block other vehicles on the main road, the gate is not the main entrance into the building and did not block pedestrians. Then LTA replied saying my vehicle is potentially blocking emergency vehicles...

Shouldn't I be fined by the building authorities instead of LTA? Should i argue still or just pay the $70?

Thanks guys!

post-119821-0-26699500-1386917011_thumb.jpg

Hi guys,

I am newbie here so cannot start post in correct thread / sub-forum. Need some urgent advice!

My car was fined by LTA for parking in front of a closed gate of a private building. But I argued to say my car did not block other vehicles on the main road, the gate is not the main entrance into the building and did not block pedestrians. Then LTA replied saying my vehicle is potentially blocking emergency vehicles...

Shouldn't I be fined by the building authorities instead of LTA? Should i argue still or just pay the $70?

Thanks guys!

Outside the building is public road. LTA is correct to fine, that is public road.

"Argue" or not up to you.

• Praise 1

Outside the building is public road. LTA is correct to fine, that is public road.

"Argue" or not up to you.

Ok thanks. Then why do buildings need to put up signs when LTA "takes care"of the area outside?

Hi guys,

Thanks guys!

LTA can further argue that part of your car is still parallel to the double yellow line.

Actually from the way I see, the building management are most probably the ones who called LTA to summon you.

Edited by Pocus
  • Praise 1

Ok thanks. Then why do buildings need to put up signs when LTA "takes care"of the area outside?

Wah piang.... They put up sign to warn you that they will report if you illegal park.... Or you prefer they don't put up sign to warn you then they report and you kenna fine?

LTA can further argue that part of your car is still parallel to the double yellow line.

Actually from the way I see, the building management are most probably the ones who called LTA to summon you.

Actually if you see from the other view, i was quite far from the lines. Haiz...

Everyday see so many cars park in front of buildings, but I'm the only suay one kanna fine!

Think will just lan lan pay $$

Wah piang.... They put up sign to warn you that they will report if you illegal park.... Or you prefer they don't put up sign to warn you then they report and you kenna fine?

Well specifically the sign says vehicles will be removed, not reported... But thanks for your views.

post-119821-0-75235300-1386918486_thumb.jpg

Neutral Newbie

Hi guys, trying to start a new thread as well but new member. Maybe someone can help?

Looking to buy a new Cat A 1.2 litre car in the coming few months, but need help choosing from the models below:

1. VW Golf 1.2 TSI
  2. Nissan Note
  3. Nissan Qashqai (frankly this one a bit out of my budget)
  4. Mitsubishi Attrage

Which would be best in terms of:

1. Fuel consumption
  2. Maintenance and Reliability (rumor saysVW is the worst?)
  3. Performance (VW clearly wins here)
  4. Features

Any 'shady' sales tactics, like must use dealer insurance etc?

Thank you!

Welcome to MCF.

Fuel consumption, heavier and more powerful the car, probably more jiak you? Are you heavy footed? Do you like to rev to 80kmh during drive off?

Maintenance, first 3 years free servicing seems to be more common these days.

Performance wise, do you need TC engine? Will NA engine work for you?

You can consider visiting sgcarmart and use the comparison tool for the below models for features. Nothing beats visiting the showrooms and talking to the SEs, test drive and hands on each car.

SE would encourage you to take on packaged insurance for more discount, as well as packaged financing.

Hi guys, trying to start a new thread as well but new member. Maybe someone can help?

Looking to buy a new Cat A 1.2 litre car in the coming few months, but need help choosing from the models below:

1. VW Golf 1.2 TSI
  2. Nissan Note
  3. Nissan Qashqai (frankly this one a bit out of my budget)
  4. Mitsubishi Attrage

Which would be best in terms of:

1. Fuel consumption
  2. Maintenance and Reliability (rumor saysVW is the worst?)
  3. Performance (VW clearly wins here)
  4. Features

Any 'shady' sales tactics, like must use dealer insurance etc?

Thank you!

• Praise 1