Used Lancer GLX CS3 & Vios (Yr 05-07)

Ken1898

recommend manual if you really are those hard-core drivers... otherwise, on a long run, auto makes driving more relaxed..

lancer wins on the space aspect... the old version vios are pretty miserable in terms of the back seat and car boot...

if you are usually driving alone or with another pax.. then the back seats constraints is not critical..

Umm... in this case you should really go down to the showroom and sit in both of these cars then decide. You cannot judge what you like based on peoples oppinion and online review. For me I went for Lancer cos i find vios a it uncle-fied.

Should i get the Manual or Auto ? CVT gearbox reliable?

CVT gearbox is reliable. I have clocked more than 150k mileage in close to 5 years without any issue or problem. I have known of folks who drove CVT lancers close to 200k mileage and they have no problems either. Stock or non-stock. Just changed the ATF fluid (use only original Mitsubishi Diaqueen III) at regular intervals and CVT should be fine.

Manual lancer gives a better fuel consumption as compared to CVT lancer.

I get about 10-11 for my previous CVT ride.

Hope this helps.

For stock condition i find both cars are equally good. But in terms of FC, vios better. If compared space, lancer better. If want a bit of power, maybe lancer wins since lancer is 1.6L, whereas vios is 1.5L.

Thanks for all input. Although Lancer GLX is using old engine 4GB18 technology, i believe the maintenance is cheap and easlier for both.

Looks wise Lancer more sporty.

Thanks for all input. Although Lancer GLX is using old engine 4GB18 technology, i believe the maintenance is cheap and easlier for both.

You need to get the sport version, if not basic version dont really look sporty. Actually old engine is stable la, same like the altis also using old engine and yet also sell well.

i'm driving a vios. pretty good. having drvien one, i would like to try the lancer too.

both are fuss-free cars. dun look down on old technology. old is gold! haha.

go wif lancer. bigger.

Hi, which will be worth, low maintenance buy to drive till scarp?

[rolleyes]

I think both are somehow similar except that Vios is likely to be more silent than Lancer. Consumption wise, Vios may be slightly better however, I dislike the dashboard meters which is aligned in the center than Lancer's which is directly behind the steering wheel. Design and space wise, I prefer Lancer's over Vios.

I know someone who had left the engine of a Lancer running (after forgetting to switch off the engine) for 5 hours; as a result of rushing to office without any issue. That was back in the 90s i.e. the older generation of Lancer.

To me, both are equally good family B & B cars and should serve the owner well if properly maintained. Both used vehicles except for those involved in bad accidents are easily repaired and are likely to be easier and cheaper to maintain than some other cars.

As regards insurance, Vios is likely to attract cheaper insurance premium than Lancer (all things being equal); the latter probably caused by irresponsible drivers who handled their Lancers as if they are Evos and thereby crashed their cars which resulted in higher insurance claims for such models.

Hope you find one which suits you best.

Both are good cars imho. Depends on what you need. Space, FC, Power?? Space for this case, Lancer wins. FC = Vios, do note a MT Lancer can do 14-15km/l. Power is subjective with the two cars. Vios is quick off the mark but the Lancer is not that far behind. Reliability has never been an issue with these 2 cars. I think I've punish my poor Lancer the hardest ever and its still running fine. Recently ran my car straight for 14hrs non stop in start stop traffic conditions plus several high revving. (been helping the wife to do some delivery runs). My ex company's Vios also, I whacked till jialat, doing coordination works with almost 12hrs on the move.

Nevertheless, its up to you to make the choice.

Leave the engine running for 5 hours??? [shocked] But what could be the damage if engine left running for so long? [:/]

My oct '06 lancer is a manual sports model and it is still running very well without any problems at 110k+ mileage, regular maintance with changing of normal wear and tear items only and the additional one is just changing of the timming belts at 100k and it cost me less than $300. My FC average at 13+ km/L.

I feel you should go for the FL model which is from around Q3 of '06 onward as it has nicer front, rear bumper and grill and also a nicer 3 spoke steering wheel ( pre FL has 4 spoke steering wheel ) and for the sports model it is leather wrap which is very comfortable to hold as compare to the full plastic one. Also for the sports model only it comes with front passenger airbag.

This is a basic car and the sound insulation is not good so it will be noisy at higher speed but I had a nice sound system and with some sound damping so it can cover the noise a little and also the engine won't sound so nice if you are listening to it from the outside of the car.

One more thing is the insurance is definite higher as compare to the Toyota. Source around you could find one which might be slighly higher.

Leave the engine running for 5 hours??? [shocked] But what could be the damage if engine left running for so long? [:/]

In the past, some cars such as Renault would easily overheat. Even drove a Fiat and Ford before with overheating issues then. However, with today's technology, I shall presume that such issues are a thing of the past for these brands.

Both are good cars imho. Depends on what you need. Space, FC, Power?? Space for this case, Lancer wins. FC = Vios, do note a MT Lancer can do 14-15km/l. Power is subjective with the two cars. Vios is quick off the mark but the Lancer is not that far behind. Reliability has never been an issue with these 2 cars. I think I've punish my poor Lancer the hardest ever and its still running fine. Recently ran my car straight for 14hrs non stop in start stop traffic conditions plus several high revving. (been helping the wife to do some delivery runs). My ex company's Vios also, I whacked till jialat, doing coordination works with almost 12hrs on the move.

Nevertheless, its up to you to make the choice.

[laugh] You seem to be few rare ones who make the car work for you rather than you working for the car. [thumbsup]

[laugh] You seem to be few rare ones who make the car work for you rather than you working for the car. [thumbsup]

:D If you see the mileage on my car, you'll be surprised! Come to think of it, I can become taxi driver already! :D

:D If you see the mileage on my car, you'll be surprised! Come to think of it, I can become taxi driver already! :D

How much is your mileage?

Have you done your second timing belt change?

↡ Advertisement