Rolex Buyers BEWARE!!! In Hong Kong!!!

Donniedragon

:excl:post-62116-1332099738_thumb.jpgBEWARE of this used watch dealer in Hong Kong, Kowloon Mongkok. They are freakin crooks. One time they will tell one thing and the next time they will tell a totally different story. I was aiming one used watch yesterday, the salesman offered to sell me at a discount. When I went to the shop today, they told me straight in the face NO DISCOUNT. PRICES STRICTLY IN NETT, and in aggressive manner. Best thing is, the very same salesman I talked to yesterday, was like totally lost his memory, denied everything he spoke yesterday. DO AVOID THIS SHOP OF CROOKS!!!

Mongkok Lin Sing

68 Argyle Street, Mongkok, Kowloon, Hong Kong

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

You don't understand their culture.. How can you nego until he gave you the best price and then walk away? You are lucky they didn't whack you... You are the type all sales man hate the most.. [laugh]

+1 on you not understanding their culture.

The offer for discount is valid only in that particular encounter. HK salespeople are very fast paced, no nonsense, take it or leave it sort of attitude. Don't think that they do it just because you're a tourist, they do it to locals too. But once they decide you're going to buy, they will serve you very well.

The first time you visited the shop, they're the proposer, you're the potential acceptor. By not buying from the shop then, and returning, you're giving them the message that you could not find a lower price than theirs, and now the tables have turned. You're the proposer and they're the acceptor. Of course they will take you for as much as they can already.

Maybe the first time you visit, he was in a good mood also.

Just be glad it wasn't a true cheating case, your money is still in your pocket.

To them you are blocking their world from spinning.

Unless you have the intention to buy do not anyhow approach the stall/shop and ask this how much, that how much or ask for discount. You like that walk away after the guy offer you some discount, you are not giving him face. The pricing in HK is very competitive you dun have to walk shop to shop to compare prices. If you know what you are buying you dun have to fear kenna cheated.

Their culture is very different from ours. Ours is free to try and no obligation mentality. I also recall their service can be very good. Last time I was there my wife & I went into a spectacle shop to get my wife's glasses a pair of small ear hooks cos her new glasses kept slipping. We were expecting the sales guy to hand the hooks to us after payment and that's it but no, the guy had the glasses soaked in a sonic cleaner to thoroughly clean every part, placed in the hooks, have my wife tried it on a couple of times to get it right dan used a heated blower to set the rubber hooks' positions. Needless to say we were speechless, we were not the only customers and it's a small shop.

Edited by Watwheels

True indeed.

Yesterday offers has lapsed.

Cannot expect same deal.

Same thing happened in singpaore SLS.

You ask for best price.....go another shops check...eat lunch.....come back same shop...the special price no longer valid.