What is the most extravagent hobby you have? (excluding Car)

Espresso

Online Duel Currency, online Currency/FOREX trading. Currency/FOREX Trading more risky and expensive than Duel Currency. Now trying hard to recover with Dual Currency investment to survive. [:p]

Edited by Good-Carbuyer
↡ Advertisement

Mine would be rearing fish, r/c and collecting car cam.

Had arowana, planted, marine, fish-only tanks, totaling five fish tanks. Biggest 6ft, smallest 2ft.

Have R/C heli, boat n gliders. Totaling eight heli, five boat n three gliders.

Have 10 car cams to date. Didnt know what happened. [laugh] I guess chasing after technology...........

collect car cam???

foodie means gg around hunting nice restaurants or place that serve yummy food

I see. Now I prefer to make my own dishes.

I made my first ever cake last week, & the 2nd one yesterday, to give to my neigbhours. They haven't knock on my door, so I think the cake should be fine.

I also learn to make bread & pizza from my friend. Will try on my own sometime soon. I can also now make my own noodle & pasta from raw flour among others. Hehe.

Amazing considered, just 5 months ago, I know next to nothing on cooking.

DIY is just more satisfying, more healthy too, as I know what goes in my dishes.

I intend to have invite my new colleges, agent & teachers to my new place very soon. I intend to make my own dishes for them.

Is that considered a hobby. [:p]

Edited by Kiadaw

I made my first ever cake last week, & the 2nd one yesterday, to give to my neigbhours. They haven't knock on my door, so I think the cake should be fine.

I also learn to make bread & pizza from my friend. Will try on my own sometime soon. I can also now make my own noodle & pasta from raw flour among others. Hehe.

DIY is just more satisfying, more healthy too, as I know what goes in my dishes.

I intend to have invite my new colleges, agent & teachers to my new place very soon. I intend to make my own dishes for them.

Hmmm, kind of same here. I find that I actually like cooking. Sometimes I look back and wish that I chose to became a chef instead.

I find myself cooking risotto the most, hehe.

went cycling at lor halus yesterday, saw one guy flying his r/c look alike Mig fighter jet at the open field over there, interesting ...that thing can really do stunts like the real thing. must be expensive stocking up on "eight heli, five boat n three gliders" :D bro, adding a jet to your collection anytime soon?

Depends on the type of heli.

Most expensive heli I assembled is ard S$3k. Most expensive boat is also ard S$3k. Most expensive glider is priceless cos given to me by a 62yr old fren. He cant fly such expensive glider cos of health so he pass it to me FOC.

The think abt this hobby is u get to make great frens if u stay on in this hobby long enough. The veterans are in it for some 30-40yrs liao. Me still new bird, only 9yrs into the hobby.

The weird thing is I am not into planes. [laugh] So I dont think I will get any jet anytime soon. In fact I gave away my completely new beginner plane set to one forummer here who had helped me a lot. He is an old bird here n really helpful. When I come to know he wanted to try r/c, I got no second tots of passing it to him cos it will only collect dust in my home.

visit ktv [gorgeous]

I used to do that for close to one yr when I was in the navy. Every week two to three times. Went to those in SG n JB. Always carried my passport with me. Anytime "activation", I am ready. [laugh]

Cigars.

over the last 12 yrs or so have probably spent $150k on it.

You will need more...

MUCH more $$$..

for your future health problems...

and there is also another thing..what price can you put on pain and suffering?

But as they say...

you deserve to get what you deseve... :D

PCC is free unless you pay $50 each time. Then yes its abit expensive

Go to "Pee Sai"...He only charges 25cents...Add 10cents got "Jua Gen" somemore... [laugh]

Ok, he's gonna kill me now... [laugh]

i used to cook b4 my baby came along. watch all those TLC cook shows by jamie oliver and try follow with varying degree of success.

so far had tried belgian mussels bot from shengshiong, tried macoroni cheese....

Neutral Newbie

Cigars.

over the last 12 yrs or so have probably spent $150k on it.

I always wonder, if kept in ideal condition, how long can a cigar 'last' before it goes bad?

I always wonder, if kept in ideal condition, how long can a cigar 'last' before it goes bad?

ever watch a travel show on cuba, wow man! they do enjoy life there depsite poor economy, everyday face mountain, smoke those expensive cuban cigars right out of their cigar farms, fresh seafood, at night music, dancing, alcohol and then of cos u noe wat.... :wub:

tink they enjoy life more than average singaporeans [laugh]

Edited by Relacklabrudder

depends on what you mean by bad.

but it technically cannot go bad if kept in ideal environment.

aging a cigar basically allows the enzymes to break down making the smoke smoother and more mellow.

It also takes away the harshness and "impurities" when kept in a controlled environment over long periods

this may also often reduce the strength and flavor of the cigar after a long period of aging (>15yrs)

the oldest cigar I have smoked is about 40++ yrs old.

a cigar is considered "aged" if it is 6 yrs or more.

Most of my rolling cigar stocks are between the ages of 2-4 yrs

Some are 10 yrs - 15 yrs.

but I also enjoy young cigars , straight out of box, maybe a few months old to a yr old.

I no longer age cigars for specific purposes or special occasions.

Now i just smoke 'em as i wish.

very much like how a young wine may taste sharper than an older one.

↡ Advertisement