Elderly man settles outrage of modesty case for $1,200

Piyopico

Nothing wrong with private settlement. At the end of the day the issue is between the aggressor and victim.

+1 to human rights!

so to speak that money can atone for any modesty outrage?? Just make sure the angpow is big enough??

whats with our legal system............... [shakehead]

so to speak that money can atone for any modesty outrage?? Just make sure the angpow is big enough??

the key point is acceptance from the victim..... she determines how much she is worth

Turbocharged

Outrage of modesty i think is considered as minor and therefore compoundable..

Rape/statutory rape is not compoundable...

If nothing serious, government wouldn't want to waste money to keep an old man in jail eat and do nothing. he maybe lucky this time not the next. Maybe someone can give him some lobang for china mei mei , so that he keep his money for the mei mei.

Neutral Newbie

$1200 only ma?

The victim should have asked for at least $5000 ba....

Maybe the ah pek cannot afford to pay $5000. $1200 better than nothing

If he is a taxi driver then I dun see how it should be allowed to be compounded. Public tpt provider leh. Anyway I dun buy how being molested is considered petty crime.

It's a PETTY CRIME that where possible, the judicial system does not need to get involved.

petty crime to me is taking a free coke or gums from 7-11 stores. Not outraging the modesty of girls.

If the girls were that of the rich and elites, would they have judged differently?

If nothing serious, government wouldn't want to waste money to keep an old man in jail eat and do nothing. he maybe lucky this time not the next. Maybe someone can give him some lobang for china mei mei , so that he keep his money for the mei mei.

Yes this is why settle out of court becomes a popular way for Offender and Victim.

This way the court don't have to send 1 more pervert to jail and crowd it, incur costs of housing this pervert, heck why waste our taxpeyers money ?

This is the best way. But if he commits the 2nd time, can he still use settle out of court way ??

But what modesty is worth only $1.2k ?

Outrage of modesty does not mean he molest her...

Could be use foul language on her or pretending to punch her or show her the finger.

So in this case, i dun show why the state should feed him for few months...

petty crime to me is taking a free coke or gums from 7-11 stores. Not outraging the modesty of girls.

If the girls were that of the rich and elites, would they have judged differently?

Unfortunately, in Singapore shop lifting is an arrestable crime while causing volunteery hurt is not an arrestable crime. Just read the police booklet they slot in my mailbox recently.

Outrage of modesty does not mean he molest her...

Could be use foul language on her or pretending to punch her or show her the finger.

So in this case, i dun show why the state should feed him for few months...

Yah! didn't state properi how the taxi lau outrage the modesty of the young woman.

If no body contact then it is too heavy a price to pay cos 1.2k can call many chicken in GL. [lipsrsealed]

↡ Advertisement