Baluku! My son's Gmail account got hacked.

Count-Bracula

Made payment for credit card bill today and realised too late that 20 plus purchases made online for Android Apps were actually fradulent. I had warned my son before to be careful and prudent with any Apps purchases. Upon taking a closer look at the statement, I found out that the purchases we made over a few days in February and when asked, my son denied any knowledge of them. Checking his Samsung G2 tonight, I knew he had told the truth. 95% of his Android Apps are all free. Logging in to his Gmail account and checking the history, I found 2 IP addresses which were *unknown.

Damage for hacked account and subsequent fradulent use = S$200+. Thank goodness! [sweatdrop]

Hurriedly cancelled the credit card record in Google Wallet and also changed the Gmail password. [:(]

Most of the transactions were for buying credits for dunno what Zombie Killer game. :blink:

Edited by Count-Bracula
↡ Advertisement

Made payment for credit card bill today and realised too late that 20 plus purchases made online for Android Apps were actually fradulent. I had warned my son before to be careful and prudent with any Apps purchases. Upon taking a closer look at the statement, I found out that the purchases we made over a few days in February and when asked, my son denied any knowledge of them. Checking his Samsung G2 tonight, I knew he had told the truth. 95% of his Android Apps are all free. Logging in to his Gmail account and checking the history, I found 2 IP addresses which were imknown.

Damage for hacked account and subsequent fradulent use = S$200+. Thank goodness! [sweatdrop]

Hurriedly cancelled the credit card record in Google Wallet and also changed the Gmail password. [:(]

Most of the transactions were for buying credits for dunno what Zombie Killer game. :blink:

does ur son have the zombie killer game? if yes, he might just have "accidentally" bought the credits.... how old is ur son?

does ur son have the zombie killer game? if yes, he might just have "accidentally" bought the credits.... how old is ur son?

He's a teenager. No such game installed anywhere, PC or phone. He wanted to find out whether any of his friends play this game but I told him not to.

Forget it lah, just take it as a lesson learnt. [;)]

He's a teenager. No such game installed anywhere, PC or phone. He wanted to find out whether any of his friends play this game but I told him not to.

Alamak teenager still need daddy to help with basic security measures

ok .. maybe if u are very sure its a fraud, u should go make a police report, tell ur credit card about the fraud? hope u get back the $ even if its $200...

but make sure that its not ur son who bought the credit...

my sec sch cousin just kenna 1 thousand ++ $ worth of data charges by his iphone.. initially he oso deny everything.. we went to check, he use his iphone to download songs-.-....

another few pri/sec sch cousins oso bought quite alot maple story credit and a few other lame online gaming credit....

i was once young oso.. i oso rack up a few hundred $$$ last time calling some lame liang po po joke hotline... oso deny the hell out of it...

i am not saying that your son is lying... i hope he is not oso... but if he is the 1 buying the credits, and u make police rport, i think da ji dou diao....

anyway recently there is alot IPHONE fraud.. my fren oso kenna buy some $200+ worth of apps... but andriod de.... i haven seen the news yet... maybe urs is the 1st few cases

Supercharged

Never store any credit numbers in whatever google wallet, Clouds, etc.... They are never safe.

Even Paypal accounts that you store your credit numbers are never safe either.

And best is not to let Yr kids have smartphones..... U got no control over what they do with it.

Think abt it, why would a kid need to use smartphone for???

In your phone, go to the Market then settings, and make sure "Use PIN for purchases" is checked so that you can't just buy stuff simply just staying logged into Google. But removing the credit card from Google Wallet is even better.

Did not know about that setting, thanks dude. [:)]

You nick bracula could it be your split personality playing the zombie killa game?

Wah, this game download itself not cheap! The rest are all purchases of credits and gear or something.

Youngsters nowadays [sweatdrop] Last time have to make our own toys. [:(]

anyway recently there is alot IPHONE fraud.. my fren oso kenna buy some $200+ worth of apps... but andriod de.... i haven seen the news yet... maybe urs is the 1st few cases

Lucky just small amount [sweatdrop]

All because of scam with regards to 'update your account' message appear in whatever account you are in ... [furious]

I had told my kids not to do anything when message appear. Just last week itself, receive messages with regards to updating Singnet account. Ignore it and rightfully, today SingTel informed in ST that it is a scam.... -_-

Could it be the IP address of the wireless carrier the phone as hooked onto when the purchase was done?

Could be at macs or friends house.

Got to tread carefully...in case of selfpawned.

Lucky just small amount [sweatdrop]

Just received another e-mail from SingTel :

"Dear SingTel customer,

Some customers may have received email messages from a sender named 'Service SingTel' ([email protected]) requesting them to provide personal information and credit card details to rectify a bill payment issue.

Please note that these emails are part of an illegal phishing scam to obtain customers' personal information and passwords. They are not issued by SingTel, and we advise our customers to ignore them.

As a precaution, we advise that customers ignore emails from unfamiliar sources and exercise caution when providing personal details online, in competitions, lucky draws, surveys and feedback forms."

↡ Advertisement