Insurance for New Cars

Micarforum

Is it compulsory to buy the insurance offered by the dealer?

It's much more expensive than what I can find outside...

Any experience?

↡ Advertisement

Is it compulsory to buy the insurance offered by the dealer?

It's much more expensive than what I can find outside...

Any experience?

It's not compulsory. They are just suckers. However, they may threaten to up the car price if you don't. My advice is to go around and hunt for the car u want with different dealers. And that give you the liberty to just walk away from those suckers that force you to pay them more on top of the already highly marked up prices.

Just bought insurance from ntuc for my new Elantra, only $500+ with zero excess. Historical low for me!

wow, u must have a very high NCD and lots of experience

Just bought insurance from ntuc for my new Elantra, only $500+ with zero excess. Historical low for me!

that's real low for a new car

Just to check, is it worthwhile to take up AD workshop coverage car insurance for $500 more? Was told that it is better to do so during the warranty period? Any one can advise?

Car insurance comes in a lot of different package. Cheap doesn't means good and good doesn't means cheap. And coming from the aunty lucy, I dun expect it to be good.

Edited by Watwheels

For new car, perfer insurance that cover AD workshop.

However, normally on AD offers such insurance.

I have a friend who change to NTUC after 1st year . Then, his car was hit by another car. NTUC say can only go to their authorized workshop. My friend was unhappy with the type of repair and services. He can not do anything.

Although AD insurance is more expensive, when in need, you will not regret.

However, I have another friend who have no accident. He always say why pay the extra, when he never need it.

The choice is yours.

Just place an order for new car today, the AD while filling forms straight put AIG for car insurance. The quote is around $2k (I get a quote of around 1.4K when checn aviva online). When I asked about Aviva, SE brushed off saying new car don't take Aviva.

As this is my first car, can brothers here share your view?

I drive to JB sometimes, what I concern most is car get stolen...

Thanks!

Just place an order for new car today, the AD while filling forms straight put AIG for car insurance. The quote is around $2k (I get a quote of around 1.4K when checn aviva online). When I asked about Aviva, SE brushed off saying new car don't take Aviva.

As this is my first car, can brothers here share your view?

I drive to JB sometimes, what I concern most is car get stolen...

Thanks!

you should brush your SE off, telling him/her that if you are not given a choice for insurance, the deal is off.

you should brush your SE off, telling him/her that if you are not given a choice for insurance, the deal is off.

already pay deposit leh....

Does ur deal includes discount for taking in house insurance? If u wanna take up urself, then u might hv to pay them back. Calculate n see if its worth

↡ Advertisement