Chevy Aveo that crashed just now on ECP

Lucaswh

Neutral Newbie

That stretch of bend towards Airport or Vivocity has changed a couple of times due to the construction works. Always see alot of drivers brake from a 90km/h to a 50-60km/h at least.

Yeah if you know the bend well, you can go fast. And also of cos your car limitations as well..

I absolutely love the stretch of bends.

Hope the driver is alright.

↡ Advertisement

Not truth, if the driver was not alert of the road bends ahead [shakehead]

ahya... like tat... the same hypothesis applies to all the car....

stock ride with high CG / small wheel base definitely cant do well on a bend...let alone handle it...

i think the driver need to start with STI or a type R... at least, the ridehas very good handling...if crash, then its the driver's fault or its alertness...

as much as i go above the limit at that corner,

i dont "eat" lanes, neither do i do so when there are alot of cars.

but that road is very messy. almost every week sure got ppl buang there.

and everytime sure got ppl eat your lane one

Haha we should go try it out one day....

But seriously that's probably why your FC is so high.

That stretch of bend towards Airport or Vivocity has changed a couple of times due to the construction works. Always see alot of drivers brake from a 90km/h to a 50-60km/h at least.

Yeah if you know the bend well, you can go fast. And also of cos your car limitations as well..

I absolutely love the stretch of bends.

Hope the driver is alright.

Hmm... somehow I got this uneasy feeling that such drivers could be trying to copy/follow better drivers ahead, but could not make it due to lack of knowledge/skill/both. They should attend some defensive driving lessons instead of learning through mistakes. I mean if not obstructed I never need to tap the brakes there [lipsrsealed]

i think the driver have not mastered that road yet uh bro.

Is this the driver?

I remember when he passed me, somewhat got a crewcut too. or i might be wrong.

Hope he is alright.

end of the day, noe the limits of ur car, ur skill and tat road. juz like the bend of BKE slip road into SLE towards mandai. almost every week got ppl buang there.

but tat had been my fave bend :D

Actually alot of road in singapore can cup through quite fast one lah.

eg. PIE towards Tuas, before Clementi Exit, that one can go at around 90km/h and accelerate out of the bend

PIE towards Changi, after Whitley or Steven exit, that one also can go pass at 100km/h.

PIE towards Changi, just before Old Police Academy, that one can go at 100km/h too.

TPE/PIE towards Changi Airport, turning into ECP Changi Airport, that one can go at 90km/h.

KPE merge TPE Changi, that can go around 70km/h.

Changi Airport merge PIE exit can go at 65km/h there about.

Critical thing is, never accelerate into a corner. Only accelerate out of a corner. Also, if the corner has alot of stripped ahead, best thing is don't even brake hard or go in too fast. The bump would cause vehicle to ski.

Sometimes it is about common sense and road experience. Drive with the mindset to reach your destination, not chiong with those tiong chia. If want to chiong with those tiong chia, they can never catch up with them as there is too many on the road

kje going towards bke there is a winding road, can do over 120km/h easily

2 lanes but there is a lot of space on the stripped area on the right, if during overtaking the cars on lane 1, the stripped area can accommodate your car's width eaisily

TP will surely catch you for doing such a stun though

adding on, if your vehicle skids into a 360, never counter steer to regain control

steer instead into the direction of the skid

Edited by Expertz

i think the driver have not mastered that road yet uh bro.

is this the driver's picture?

poor kid, hope the driver is still alive

guys stop telling ppl how fast you can go through the bends, ppl no need to know. you not rack track instructors and we not racers.

let picture this, one day you "cup" a bend (you car 1.6) and just nice another cup from behind (2l) suddenly feel like "cupping bends tonight too" and then you two come to a lock down in the middle of the bend (same speed)

SUDDENLY one of you the rubber burst and spin or skip or overturn watever. now both car claim total lost.

why? becos he saw you saying this bend can go at this speed haha

then again where got so JUN JUN such thing will happen haha

that stretch is bouncy

Agree.

Actually many recently completed road are bouncy. Like the CTE towards SLE, just after exit of tunnel. It was also badly done.

jurong drivers recently got alot of pent up anger huh?

juz encounter a opc A5 (no..not the audi one) rev his engine so hard juz to get ahead of me on the extreme left lane on jalan boon lay to turn into chin bee. then on chin bee purposely drive slow. i ignored him and switched to the left lane to cruise home. got behind him again on corporation drive at the traffic lights and he purposely moved off slowly. (even the sbs on the left went faster then him) cannot tahan him anymore over switch to the left to pass him. after tat heard another loud rev, those until engine wanna drop type and off goes the A5 juz to get ahead of me. ok fine..purposely dun wanna signal and brake last min juz to turn into tah ching road..okay, then repeat the same thing to turn into his cluster of blocks.

dunno wat is his trying to proof..i'm juz driving a stock 1.5 with wif exception of a k&n sticker which comes free wif the purchase of k&n drop-in. u can haf one if u go buy a k&n too pal!

take a chill pill!

That marina bay bend is the best road to test the capabilities of the car and skills.

I love to take high speed curve in my car.

Of course have to cut lanes to take the corners without skidding.

Although speed limit is 70km/hr.

But no one is going that slow.

That marina bay bend is the best road to test the capabilities of the car and skills.

I love to take high speed curve in my car.

Of course have to cut lanes to take the corners without skidding.

Although speed limit is 70km/hr.

But no one is going that slow.

think some of you guys need to group up and go (99 wan) lol cos you all so enjoying high speed bends haha.

just one nail guys, you can kiss your beloved car goodbye. and from my experience? a monkey (BKE exit to PIE) but not my car cos i don dare.

Edited by Hondafit2008

think some of you guys need to group up and go (99 wan) lol cos you all so enjoying high speed bends haha.

just one nail guys, you can kiss your beloved car goodbye. and from my experience? a monkey (BKE exit to PIE) but not my car cos i don dare.

99 turn would be a nice drive if not for the very limited visibility...

There is something wrong with the design of the roads at Marina Bay, it seems that the gradients are designed wrongly and works to throw cars off the bend, probably a directive to create gradients in all roads no matter if straight or bend for rainwater dispersal. Doing something without thinking.

I passed by the accident site as well and caught the Aveo being towed out near Fort Rd.

take a chill pill!

kudos to that ^_^ if more drivers in SG learnt to chill and be more patient it would be a less stressful place to live in.

↡ Advertisement