Reducing body roll and slicks for track

Ev0lutionz

Guys, how to reduce bodyroll? What to install? Went to track and when i turned, my hand also had to hold on to my handbrake to support my body as the car was rolling with the turn? Is it bodyroll? And are there legal slick tyres for the track? Driving a swift sports that belongs to a friend though.

↡ Advertisement

1) semi slick tires

2) full buckets

3) front and rear thicker swaybars

4) front and rear strut bars

5) coilovers with upgraded spring rates

6) camber kits

my previous setup on my EK.

can corner like F1! hahaha~

Zzzzz. U don't even know what body roll.

Before u change bucket seat, let us know Wat car u driving...

Family car.... Change the whole car.... Don't waste time n $ change this n that.

No point.

Guys, how to reduce bodyroll? What to install? Went to track and when i turned, my hand also had to hold on to my handbrake to support my body as the car was rolling with the turn? Is it bodyroll? And are there legal slick tyres for the track? Driving a swift sports that belongs to a friend though.

Based on your questions, better ask someone who knows better about it. Definitely wrong car you are using now. Likewise, there is room for much more knowledge about it. Take care.

Based on your questions, better ask someone who knows better about it. Definitely wrong car you are using now. Likewise, there is room for much more knowledge about it. Take care.

Somehow many/most people do not like the early safety alert that comes with the stock cars body roll. [shakehead] Usually keen to make their car more dangerous? [sweatdrop]

Family car.... Change the whole car.... Don't waste time n $ change this n that.

No point.

His SweetPork is not bad in corners as a stock car, maybe his driving is agressive in corners? Changing to performance socks n springs, re-set his cambers, tyre pressues, full bucket seat, etc can help..... Taking a smoother line also help...

Edited by KARTer

Somehow many/most people do not like the early safety alert that comes with the stock cars body roll. [shakehead] Usually keen to make their car more dangerous? [sweatdrop]

Agreed. If our car corners too flat ie no rolls to 'warn' us that we are going too fast in the turn, when it snaps, it will be a sudden surprise too late for us to handle sometimes!! :o

No point.

Sorry, first time on track and pretty new to all these stuff..

lower spring , wide tyre, solved

juz the above? if it's so easy sg roads will be filled wif road warriors.

do u understand TS's question??

Actually its better that the TS goes to a track to discover what he doesn't know.

I encourage anyone who has an interest to learn about car handling and characteristics to bring it to a track at least once, regardless of what car it is. Its just to learn more about your car and know its limits, while doing it in a safe environment.

A lowered ride via lowering springs or coilovers can help reduce your body roll. However lowering springs alone can make your ride harsh and your damper to wear out faster.

The coilovers as a system are meant to work together do they should give you better handling results.

An ARB or anti-roll bar will also help and is usually mod as an upgrade to the stock ones.

A bucket seat will probably help to keep your body in the seat while your car experience body roll.

A wider set of tyres, will help traction but not that much for body roll if your CG is still high.

Probably a Swift Sport forum can help you more on what to mod first. It is always better to do 1 thing at a time do you can feel the difference.

Just have fun on track and enjoy the experience of the mods.

Cheers!

A lowered ride via lowering springs or coilovers can help reduce your body roll. However lowering springs alone can make your ride harsh and your damper to wear out faster.

The coilovers as a system are meant to work together do they should give you better handling results.

An ARB or anti-roll bar will also help and is usually mod as an upgrade to the stock ones.

A bucket seat will probably help to keep your body in the seat while your car experience body roll.

A wider set of tyres, will help traction but not that much for body roll if your CG is still high.

Probably a Swift Sport forum can help you more on what to mod first. It is always better to do 1 thing at a time do you can feel the difference.

Just have fun on track and enjoy the experience of the mods.

Cheers!

Well said. [thumbsup]

Agreed. If our car corners too flat ie no rolls to 'warn' us that we are going too fast in the turn, when it snaps, it will be a sudden surprise too late for us to handle sometimes!! :o

There still has to be some form of roll in a car. Too rigid a car might be dangerous for driver and passengers and other road users.

Actually its better that the TS goes to a track to discover what he doesn't know.

I encourage anyone who has an interest to learn about car handling and characteristics to bring it to a track at least once, regardless of what car it is. Its just to learn more about your car and know its limits, while doing it in a safe environment.

Very much safer and cheaper than have the car warp around a lamppost/ [thumbsup] tree

↡ Advertisement