I-robot (vacuum cleaner)

Micquek

very worth imo.....my house is cleaner than before.

but mine is a china one bought from dh gate at US200+........ [:p]

do a search as there is a thread on this few months ago. That thread inspired me to make the purchase [:)]

Yes, I have one. A really good helpmate. Set to clean the living / bedroom twice a week.

Only pre-cleaning chore is that I have to block the gaps under some of my sofa set so the robot doesn't get stuck.

Yes, I have one. A really good helpmate. Set to clean the living / bedroom twice a week.

Only pre-cleaning chore is that I have to block the gaps under some of my sofa set so the robot doesn't get stuck.

mine suck the floor every nite for 40mins..... :huh:

mine suck the floor every nite for 40mins..... :huh:

i think if it will defeat the purpose of getting irobot

if sucks the floor well every nite

and floor cum every night

floor becomes dirty again

it becomes a vicious cycle :D

i dont think it is worth buying it

it cost more than a regular vacuum cleaner

if u got friends gg to the states, you can get them to buy a set for u....its cheaper over there. You can get the irobot roomba to vaccum the room and then the scooba to mop the floor....

have a unit at home...

used for abt 3 years before it kaput.

Worth it.. floor feels cleaner and of cos, mum doesnt have to perform the back breaking task of sweeping the floor so often. it goes under the bed, cabinets etc.. its tough work if you are the one trying to sweep these places.

the only gripe is that it can be quite noisy.

Edited by Chrispie

Supercharged

if u got friends gg to the states, you can get them to buy a set for u....its cheaper over there. You can get the irobot roomba to vaccum the room and then the scooba to mop the floor....

But the battery only last 1 year and the local seller refuse to sell the battery to PI unit. Beware.

the amt u spent on irobot is enough to buy a conventional vaccuum cleaner and the electricity cost to operate it. furthermore, conventional vaccumm cleaner can use to suck up spider web on top of the ceiling corner, food trapped in keyboard and other edges on the wall.

Edited by Babyt

But the battery only last 1 year and the local seller refuse to sell the battery to PI unit. Beware.

oops, didnt know that....in that case, buy a spare battery as well.

the amt u spent on irobot is enough to buy a conventional vaccuum cleaner and the electricity cost to operate it. furthermore, conventional vaccumm cleaner can use to suck up spider web on top of the ceiling corner, food trapped in keyboard and other edges on the wall.

I believe most who but irobot will still have the conventional vaccuum cleaner.

Personally i believed Irobot only for weekday daily use when both husband and wife a reworking and not much time to do basic vaccuum ontop of lots of other house work like washing, ironing.

Have 1 running for 3 years, not replacement for weekly manual cleaning but keeps floor clean enough for kids to crawl and lie on during weekdays. True that battery lasts only 1 year plus and local distributor either won't sell replacement or charges arm and leg for it. Just buy replacement from ebay or Amazon and ship over,still cheaper than buying locally.