National Bonus of 1.6 mths for political appointment holders

Qpik

Supercharged

:huh:[lipsrsealed]

Published on Mar 26, 2012

Ministers and other political appointment holders will be paid a National Bonus this month equivalent to 1.6 months of their pay.

The National Bonus is a new bonus that provides a direct link between the salaries of political appointment holders and the socio-economic progress of average and lower-income Singapore citizens and the growth of Singapore. [confused]

It came about after Parliament endorsed the White Paper on 'Salaries for a Capable and Committed Government' in January this year.

Based on the approved formula, the 2011 National Bonus is 2.625 months but since the new salaries took effect on May 21 last year, the pro-rated amount will be 1.618 months, to be paid in March 2012, the Public Service Division (PSD) said in a statement on Monday.

↡ Advertisement

:huh:[lipsrsealed] the pro-rated amount will be 1.618 months

That's the golden ratio. Golden ratio for a golden bonus. :D

I knew all the ministerial salary reductions were just an eyewash. <_<

What the f improved that resulted in them paying another few hundred thousand to themselves?

george you remind me of ocean 13

when you talk about the ministers

Neutral Newbie

Do they have no shame?

Trust me, they felt the shame when their pay dropped a million with the wage review role-play.

Turbocharged

Trust me, they felt the shame when their pay dropped a million with the wage review role-play.

Yalor, they can't talk to those CEO with dignity already if their pay cut further... [laugh]

Yalor, they can't talk to those CEO with dignity already if their pay cut further... [laugh]

Some dropped salary to the level that they can't even make an appointment with CEO....

Neutral Newbie

Lui should get the SMRT CEO's pay on top of his ministerial pay. He walked the ground and saw more than Saw.

:huh:[lipsrsealed]

Published on Mar 26, 2012

Ministers and other political appointment holders will be paid a National Bonus this month equivalent to 1.6 months of their pay.

The National Bonus is a new bonus that provides a direct link between the salaries of political appointment holders and the socio-economic progress of average and lower-income Singapore citizens and the growth of Singapore. [confused]

It came about after Parliament endorsed the White Paper on 'Salaries for a Capable and Committed Government' in January this year.

Based on the approved formula, the 2011 National Bonus is 2.625 months but since the new salaries took effect on May 21 last year, the pro-rated amount will be 1.618 months, to be paid in March 2012, the Public Service Division (PSD) said in a statement on Monday.

Principle of bonus is funny.

Too little to make them work for it. Better if it is their entire pay.

Seriously, who gives a s*** for 1 month bonus when pay is 100 k a month?

"Screw the poor. On a bad year I get 50k as loose change anyway." [laugh]

Edited by Littleknown

so these pple got a growth bonus ah? i heard all LC (Low Class) civil servants no growth bonus at all..i think they HC one. must be..must be..

Hypersonic

There is always a workaround. Cut here, increase there. It is expected. Many ministers probably unhappy with the pay cut so they came up with something new to return money to them. Expect an even bigger bonus at the end of the year.

I have only one question. This is their bonus, or one of the bonus?

Because it say somewhere in report this is a new bonus. SO it doesn't mean only bonus.

Just for clarification purpose only.

To think that we pay taxes for this level of comeptence. "Give yourself a pat on the back you deserve it , go get something nice for yourself ya ? on our tab "

Bollocks