7 Myths About Drinking Water ....

Picnic06-Biante15

Yahoo News reported:

Is water really a miracle drug that can cure everything from dull skin to diabetes?

<H2 class=desc>In almost every culture in the world, water has been elevated to the status of miracle drug that can cure everything from dull skin to diabetes. This might, however, be pushing the truth. While water is absolutely essential for the body, its celebrated magic qualities need to be taken with a pinch of salt. Here's a reality check on the most popular water myths.</H2>

Top seven myths about drinking water - busted!

Myth 1: Drinking water between meals is bad for digestion

Edited by Picnic06
↡ Advertisement

well, drinking water only when you are thirsty is certainly not advisable, as by then the body is really in need of water..

yeah, drink too much water is dangerous, but in the context of our today's society, the reality is people just do not drink enough water as in water, not soft drinks, coffee or soups..

i would drink more water helps in clearing toxin and reduce the stress on your kidneys, see the colour of your urine...

and it is not drink as much as water as you can DURING the workout, it is BEFORE the workout (and i.e. several hours before the workout), hydrate the body as much as possible. During the workout, replenish adequately if feeling thirsty (NOT gulping down gallons), and after the workout, also replenish adequately..

I have doubts actually on some Yahoo News articles on Health and Travels..

Turbocharged

I am amaze how some can drink many bottles of beers in a nite!!

What if i replace the beers with pure drinkng water? will they be able to consume this much?

Any beer drinkers here can comment?

Supercharged

Seems like drinking water afterall not as good as what most of us thought to be?! [:/]

dont believe whatever Yahoo is saying. First of all, they always use US standards as benchmark. We are different in asia context with diet and weather differences. US has the highesy obesity problems with serious health issues, and we have to believe their benchmark???

Whatever it is, drinking plain water is still, any time, better than drinking soft drinks, canned drinks and alcohol.

Drinking 2 litres of plain water daily is still very important.

Always see your urine colour. Clear means u are ok. Dark means no good. Simple as that.

I am amaze how some can drink many bottles of beers in a nite!!

What if i replace the beers with pure drinkng water? will they be able to consume this much?

Any beer drinkers here can comment?

The outcome of drinking water & beer at night is very much different...... -_-

the result of too much beer is :

post-21853-1332817571_thumb.jpg

[laugh][laugh][laugh]

Turbocharged

The outcome of drinking water & beer at night is very much different...... -_-

the result of too much beer is :

[laugh][laugh][laugh]

wonder what is in there? just air or fill with fats? [laugh]

dont believe whatever Yahoo is saying. First of all, they always use US standards as benchmark. We are different in asia context with diet and weather differences. US has the highesy obesity problems with serious health issues, and we have to believe their benchmark???

Whatever it is, drinking plain water is still, any time, better than drinking soft drinks, canned drinks and alcohol.

Drinking 2 litres of plain water daily is still very important.

Always see your urine colour. Clear means u are ok. Dark means no good. Simple as that.

Sometimes it might be true that drinking too much water also no good, esp if your kidney is not functioning well. Too much water may lead to water retention, and water retention is no good for the body. If not, drinking 2 litres of water daily confirm is healthy.

Sometimes it might be true that drinking too much water also no good, esp if your kidney is not functioning well. Too much water may lead to water retention, and water retention is no good for the body. If not, drinking 2 litres of water daily confirm is healthy.

How about kidneys stones, seem to need a lot of water to prevent them from forming up .... :ph34r:

↡ Advertisement