Higher Tolls to enter JB just for Singapore registered cars

Deckbuild

Maybe less congestion. Those with mod fuel gauges will be swearing I guess? JB cars come to Sg have to pay much higher tolls. Those staying in JB and driving SG cars will curse as well.

Neutral Newbie

Maybe less congestion. Those with mod fuel gauges will be swearing I guess? JB cars come to Sg have to pay much higher tolls. Those staying in JB and driving SG cars will curse as well.

Will Singapore remove the 3/4 tank rule?

SINGAPORE: Motorists who drive Singapore-registered vehicles may have to pay higher toll charges in future when going into Johor Bahru.

Reports have said Malaysian authorities may be passing the cost of building the Eastern Dispersal Link, to Singapore-registered vehicles.

This is even if the motorists do not use the new highway.

The increased tolls may not apply to Malaysia-registered vehicles.

The Eastern Dispersal Link is expected to improve accessibility in Johor Bahru and perhaps boost tourism in the area.

But controversy has surrounded the project due to uncertainty over toll rates.

Singapore's Government Parliamentary Committee (GPC) on Transport said it would be illogical if Malaysia goes ahead with the move.

GPC chair for Transport Cedric Foo said: "The way forward is to free up the impediments between travel, for travel between the two states, rather than build up more impediments. So I think this would negate investor-confidence."

Mr Foo said if Malaysia raises tolls just for Singapore-registered cars, then it would be justifiable for Singapore to do the same for Malaysian cars, so there is equitable treatment.

- CNA/wk

I think going there for fuel is not a significant portion bah? Alot of them are Malaysian staying in SG or SPR; citizen in Singapore and going back often to visit parents or relative that drove SG registered cars. I could be wrong with my assumption.

sinkies so bad life,not only squeeze dried by own gahment.

now go cowboy town,first have to get 'rob' by their tolls,next get 'rob' again by their polis,then finally gets rob(real) by their huge amount of robbers there.

Edited by Unidentified

Turbocharged

GPC chair for Transport Cedric Foo said: "The way forward is to free up the impediments between travel, for travel between the two states, rather than build up more impediments. So I think this would negate investor-confidence."

Mr Foo said if Malaysia raises tolls just for Singapore-registered cars, then it would be justifiable for Singapore to do the same for Malaysian cars, so there is equitable treatment.

- CNA/wk

say like that buay gam.. if i were a malaysian, i will spit at him. sg side has been having imposing S$20 on malaysian cars.

say like that buay gam.. if i were a malaysian, i will spit at him. sg side has been having imposing S$20 on malaysian cars.

Bro, we pay COE leh and CAT B COE is enough to buy a new Camry there, if they don't impose that $20, u will expect non-moving traffic on SLE daily on rush hour.

Bro, we pay COE leh and CAT B COE is enough to buy a new Camry there, if they don't impose that $20, u will expect non-moving traffic on SLE daily on rush hour.

Actually for the amount you pay for COE at 80k, its 8k a year or $666 a month or $22.2 a day. Haven't taken into consideration the arf tax at OMV value. But say for 50k OMV car this come out to

OMV Open Market Value or import value of the car as assessed by Singapore Customs $50,000

Import Duty Currently 20% of the OMV $10,000

GST Currently 7% of import value $3500

ARF Currently 110% of OMV $55,000

Registration fee Currently at $140

Sub-Total Base cost before local accessory installation, number plates, COE, insurance, road tax, etc and any dealer profit. $68,640

So easily we pay $50 a day or $1.5k a month to Govt just in taxes only :wacko:

if i remember correctly,after paying $20,they can just pass thru any ERP gantries(except carpark) without paying.while sinkies car have to pay ERP,COE.we dont pay so much to let msia cars to enjoy our 'smooth' road ok.

As somebody pointed out to me...

Sgian goes there to spend be it petrol, marketing and what not....

the malaysian especially prs comes here to earn..

so actually they killing their own pple with this move [thumbsup][thumbsup]

so be it should they impose the tax, we will still survive.

if i m a malaysian working in SIngapore and there is no tax i might as well drive my camry to work and so will the 60,000 mlaysian workers who usually cross the causeway to work here. the result will not only affect sle it will affect the road structure as a whole and that is disastrous! :angry:

if i m a malaysian working in SIngapore and there is no tax i might as well drive my camry to work and so will the 60,000 mlaysian workers who usually cross the causeway to work here. the result will not only affect sle it will affect the road structure as a whole and that is disastrous! :angry:

that's why most ride bikes in and it's just $4 compared to $20 for cars.

$4 is not even enough for me to take public transport to and fro work.

what's more their petrol are all pumped in cowboy land so cheap still want to complain what?

maybe gahment should increase the $4 for bikes and $20 for cars.must peg it to our COE systems.

Edited by Unidentified

Using Zanter's calculation, those Msian that drove big msia cars should drive to SG for work since CATB onwers pay over $20 a day just for COE alone now.

Lagi best they still keep their big cars after 10 yrs.

that's why most ride bikes in and it's just $4 compared to $20 for cars.

$4 is not even enough for me to take public transport to and fro work.

what's more their petrol are all pumped in cowboy land so cheap still want to complain what?

maybe gahment should increase the $4 for bikes and $20 for cars.must peg it to our COE systems.

the main grouse will be the prs who travel to and fro! they have enjoyed the benefits from both sides such as housing and careers. They have a property here and there...let their relative (work or study here) stay in their hdb flats (paid thru their cpf) and enjoy their jb house. So if both side increase the toll this group will be the ones hardest hit! [thumbsup]

↡ Advertisement