NETs cashcard refunds issue

Hoppie24

Yesterday when i was trying to top up my cashcard at the ATM machine, it keeps giving me error etc.

So no choice i bought a new Cashcard which cost me $10 (Only $5 is the store value), tried topping up at the ATM again but still problem so lan lan go Cheers top up and cost me 50cents.

I just realise that the refund is only the remaining store value in the cashcard, meaning $5 is kena makan.

My question is if a cashcard is having problem, do we have to spend another $5 getting a new one or can NETs replace a new one for us?

Is there a way to return the stupid card to NETs and take back the money?

Sorry to rant,

Seriously, so much money goes to ERP every single day, is it still necessary to charge for top-up and also the card is not refundable when return to NETs?

↡ Advertisement

In the past cashcard cost $2 nobody seem too bothered by it. Now that it has increased to $5 ppl seem to have so much problem.

Last time they full refund you including the deposit mah......now they makan the deposit claiming that you bought the card to store cash..... [laugh]

Is there a way to return the stupid card to NETs and take back the money? ...........

Recently, 1 of my Cashcard is having "ERR" when inserted in the IU. OCBC ATM allow you to claim the cashcard balance value & card deposit. The receipt will show the cashcard balance and deposit refunded. The cashcard can be thrown away after that. I believe ATMs from other banks also provide this facility.

Recently, 1 of my Cashcard is having "ERR" when inserted in the IU. OCBC ATM allow you to claim the cashcard balance value & card deposit. The receipt will show the cashcard balance and deposit refunded. The cashcard can be thrown away after that. I believe ATMs from other banks also provide this facility.

Nope, i refunded 1 of the card today, the only money given back was my $2.46 balance, the $5 seems to dunno go anywhere. They do return the card.

If you go to NETs website, it say so too.

Where can I get a refund if my NETS CashCard has expired?You may obtain the refund on your NETS CashCard via: Any Automated Teller Machine (ATM) of DBS, OCBC and UOB. Any bank branch of DBS, OCBC and UOB. To do a refund at a bank counter: Get a NETS CashCard

Which generation of cashcard is that? The old blue one with a butterfly or the newer one with someting red in colour?

The old one will have its deposit refunded but not the newer one. It doesn't matter which bank's ATM you use.

Correct me if I'm wrong.......

Edited by WTF

Which generation of cashcard is that? The old blue one with a butterfly or the newer one with someting red in colour?

The old one will have its deposit refunded but not the newer one. It doesn't matter which bank's ATM you use.

Correct me if I'm wrong.......

Mine was the old blue one. The deposit refunded was S$2/-.

the old cashcard they refund..the new one they makan.

i'm now left wif 1 of my old cashcard. soon to haf $5 makan-ed! haha

the old cashcard they refund..the new one they makan.

i'm now left wif 1 of my old cashcard. soon to haf $5 makan-ed! haha

Me too! My old one expiring in Sep this year.... [bigcry]

Han nor!

That $5 is bao jiak, how can like that?

I have a few blue ones which became faulty within less than three months from new, I left them in the drawer, now looks like my deposits all so kena makan liao :angry: [mad]:blink:

Whether you are using new generation or old type of cashcard, all cashcard has an expiry date, i think you need to refund the card value before the expiry date through ATM machine. If not once the cashcard has expired, should be quite troublesome to get back your value.

But the new cashcard which comes with the card deposit, dont think you can get the amount back. Whereas the old cashcard, you can get back the card desposit plus the remaining value in the card.

Our Pay And Pay gahmen beri good at makan money. $5 for a silly card which people are forced to get, and get again (because it "expires", yeah right). :D

sorry bro, do u mean that cashcard u cant top up at that atm, but can top up at cheers at 50ce charge rite?

then ur card is not faulty, its the atm got error

it happened to me before, cant do it at a atm, pay 50ce can top up at esso counter

n other atms oso no issue

but for the refund of balance part.......

haiz

not fair

↡ Advertisement