Good teochew porridge reasonably priced

Hermit

Went to Vietnam on business trip maybe 15 yrs ago.

8~10 person big table, lots of food, fish, seafood, etc.

Total damage US$12.

One particular vege soup taste so good, I'll never forget. But dunno the name.

They say it's due to the Mekong River fertilised soil.

au naturale fertiliser.   [laugh]  [laugh]

↡ Advertisement

Hypersonic

Got other teo chew at that hour?

if you are asking about other teochew porridge at that hour, I dont know, but if you asking if there are any other similar porridge at that hour, I am sure there are many. 

if you are asking any teo chew at that hour, I am sure teo chews are every where every hour.  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

• Praise 2

Hypersonic

Hahaha, Move over Grab & Uber

Teochew porridge already practice surge pricing for nong nong time.

Havelock road

The owner took many photos with HK & Taiwanese Celebrities.

So also charge high price.

Diagonally opposite Delta House

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/three-arrested-for-wrecking-porridge-restaurant-at-upper-serangoon-road

Tio liak liao!

hahahahaa, Havelock road was the one I had the surge, best part was I went with the same person and we had the same dishes. The different was the time and of course the price, 3am was like 50% more.  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

• Praise 1

HO Say!! Porridge stall wreckers have been caught!! 2 men and a woman

Now see how garang they are.

They not happy kanna charged high price, then went on rampage.

Now they kanna charged in court with handcuffs...

The woman apparently siao one... Need to be remanded at IMH.

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/two-charged-for-wrecking-porridge-restaurant-at-upper-serangoon-8897476

Singapore

Two charged for wrecking porridge restaurant at Upper Serangoon Road

Read more at http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/two-charged-for-wrecking-porridge-restaurant-at-upper-serangoon-8897476

SINGAPORE: Two of the three people arrested for wrecking a porridge stall along Upper Serangoon Road last Saturday (May 27) were charged in court on Wednesday.

Both allegedly threw bowls, tables and chairs in Heng Long Teochew Porridge, reportedly after a dispute over their bill.

Tan Sung Meng, 46, faces a charge of committing a rash act endangering the safety of others, while Pang Pei Pei, 40, faces a charge of committing mischief. 

The two are accused of acting together with Ang Sim Poh, who has not yet been charged. The trio were arrested on Monday and Tuesday, police said.

Pang was brought to court on Wednesday in handcuffs. Police prosecutors sought to remand her for two weeks at the Institute of Mental Health (IMH), but defence lawyer K Ravendran objected. He said Pang has a five-month-old baby and had not made care arrangements for the child.

The district judge granted Pang bail of S$5,000 to arrange for childcare before being remanded at IMH for psychiatric assessment.

Pang has a history of psychiatric treatment, the court heard, but has not been attending follow-up appointments or taking her medication. She will next appear in court on Jun 7.

Tan was also offered bail of S$5,000 and will next appear in court on Jun 21. He did not have a lawyer.

The police said on Tuesday they received a report on Saturday about a group of people who threw and damaged items at 1012 Upper Serangoon Road. The suspects were also captured on closed-circuit TV overturning a table at the eatery.

If convicted for committing a rash act, the suspects can be jailed for up to six months, fined up to S$2,500, or both.

If convicted for mischief causing damages of S$500 or more, the suspects can be jailed for up to two years, fined, or both. 

Source: CNA/kk

Read more at http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/two-charged-for-wrecking-porridge-restaurant-at-upper-serangoon-8897476

• Praise 3

Turbocharged

$28 don't want to pay, now got to pay over 100x to Gov.. excluding perhaps the repairs to the wreck they created and a criminal record.

No matter how buay song they should not do this.

Wonder where are the brains of these bunch at that time.. all left at home?

• Praise 3

Turbocharged

teochew porridge prices are reasonable if dont order fish

:XD:

Sotong and duck are another killing dishes

• Praise 6

Kudos to police for able to identify these crazy ppl.

So we learn something. Don't do stupid things in SG, cannot run away one.

• Praise 2

$28 don't want to pay, now got to pay over 100x to Gov.. excluding perhaps the repairs to the wreck they created and a criminal record.

Brought the brains.

Left the medication at home

Brought the brains.

Left the medication at home

However for this case.

New mum with 5mth old kid, so likely have to stop any medication if breastfeeding.

Could be post natal depression.

But man also snapped. In fact its two men.

out of town for 2 weeks and gone back today and the whole team changes except the signage 夜上海潮州粥...anyone can shed some light as to what happened to my favorite teow chew porridge store...thanks 

out of town for 2 weeks and gone back today and the whole team changes except the signage 夜上海潮州粥...anyone can shed some light as to what happened to my favorite teow chew porridge store...thanks 

previous boss choose to retire liao...now new management

so sad...good and affodable eateries are disappearing so fast these days...

new ones are not up to standards :(

any good recommendations for teow chew porridge over at bukit merah areas...thks

• Praise 1

so sad...good and affodable eateries are disappearing so fast these days...

new ones are not up to standards :(

any good recommendations for teow chew porridge over at bukit merah areas...thks

check out this website for the list..I think there are only 2 at Bukit Merah area..YSH is not exactly Teochew as the dishes are not authentic Teochew..more like a hybrid cai png stall..the only reason why diners eat there is because of the price

• Praise 1

Geylang! Can't remember which lane but they seem to have a lot of appetizing ones.

There are quite a number along Geylang Lorong 30++

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

A bro recommendated the teo chew moi at tpy lorong 8. Thanks for the recommendation. It was indeed value for money. Like home cooked porridge.

I had 1 complete steamed fish, 5 soy sauce mid joint chicken wing, pig skin, long beans fried with tau kua and 3 prawns and 2 bowls of moi. All for $10.80 at 10pm.

Other stalls in that market are also open so you have choices if you are not in the mood for moi.

• Praise 7

Guys, take note that 夜上海 has shifted. They are now at

55 Lengkok Bahru.

Anyway still as cheap as before, simple chap cai png style with porridge, i dont classfied it as teochew porridge tho. [laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

• Praise 2

A bro recommendated the teo chew moi at tpy lorong 8. Thanks for the recommendation. It was indeed value for money. Like home cooked porridge.

I had 1 complete steamed fish, 5 soy sauce mid joint chicken wing, pig skin, long beans fried with tau kua and 3 prawns and 2 bowls of moi. All for $10.80 at 10pm.

Other stalls in that market are also open so you have choices if you are not in the mood for moi.

Good right?

Confirm and chop.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1