Foldable bicycle

Sgspurs

2 minutes ago, JanM said:

thanks.  just curious as was hoping to buy a bromptom once they clear their waiting list

It will take 2021 to clear the waiting list.

• Praise 1

4 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

no hurry, have to save up for it anyway.  But I do admrie the ease with which it can be folded and pushed onto public transport. 

27 minutes ago, JanM said:

no hurry, have to save up for it anyway.  But I do admrie the ease with which it can be folded and pushed onto public transport. 

I was on my way to work and rains started.  Stopped at Nicole Highway station & take MRT.

• Praise 2

52 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Went down to the shop last week...overheard the earliest waiting list for an appointment to view/test bike is in March 😲

All items no more price tag...I think dynamic pricing liao 😅

• Shocked 1

1 hour ago, mersaylee said:

Went down to the shop last week...overheard the earliest waiting list for an appointment to view/test bike is in March 😲

All items no more price tag...I think dynamic pricing liao 😅

Brompton If buying from BJ and their agents need to follow factory price list, no freedom for changing price or they will be kicked like the previous sole agent.

Which I this is a good way not try to profiterring from high demand but it creates sclapers market

• Praise 1

On 1/6/2021 at 11:40 AM, Adrianli said:

Visited Sembawang hot springs this morning. Not crowded at all. Water still very hot.

20210106_113746.thumb.jpg.f45e89a34a91038651f6d9c6b195bd22.jpg

Then went to have McD breakfast. Only a Brompton can be rolled into the restaurant. 

20210106_082542.thumb.jpg.313f68e50d3e1ea5e7309f536a206bdc.jpg

Oh.... the convenience of a foldie. 

55 minutes ago, Knighthunter said:

Brompton If buying from BJ and their agents need to follow factory price list, no freedom for changing price or they will be kicked like the previous sole agent.

Which I this is a good way not try to profiterring from high demand but it creates sclapers market

Previously there is no agent in Singapore.

Distributor of Thailand, Indonesia & Singapore is the same company.

Distributor of Singapore is also the AD.

34 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Previously there is no agent in Singapore.

Distributor of Thailand, Indonesia & Singapore is the same company.

Distributor of Singapore is also the AD.

Agent or called sole distributor was MV last time. Indonesia demand for Brompton is crazy high but no one there wants to be offical agent becuase they have to follow factory rigid RRP. Is better to be reseller in Indonesia could mark up as they wish, normal M6R/S6L in selling SGD 5k plus there.....so many people here (read) in SG exporting to Indonesia too. Chapter 3 latest one could fetch more than $10k in Indonesia and buyers are queing. They are crazy!!!!

Edited by Knighthunter
my spelling is crap
  • Shocked 2

Just now, Knighthunter said:

Agent or called sole distributor was MV last time. Indonesia demand for Brompton is crazy high but no one there wants to be offical agent becuase they have to follow factory rigid RRP. Is better to be reseller in Indonesia could mark up as they wish, normal M6R/S6L in selling SGD 5k plus there.....so many people here (read) in SG exporting to Indonesia too. If Chapter 3 lateste one could fetch more than $10k in Indonesia and buyers are queing. They are crazy!!!!

Indonesia and Thailand have 35% import duty.  Singapore price then was much higher than whatever price in the UK.

That's why there was a lot of PI then.  Even Nparks buy from PI.

I don't rem factory set any price then.

Turbocharged
1 hour ago, Knighthunter said:

For standard color, 6sp is about 2.5k. Premium color is 2.9k. But now 2021 appt all full. 2022 appt slot not open yet. 

• Shocked 1

12 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Indonesia and Thailand have 35% import duty.  Singapore price then was much higher than whatever price in the UK.

That's why there was a lot of PI then.  Even Nparks buy from PI.

I don't rem factory set any price then.

my regular shop told me about this. That’s why even demand high those official channels not jacking up the price. Not like Tyrell  now double the price just because demand high. 

• Praise 1

10 minutes ago, Yeshe said:

For standard color, 6sp is about 2.5k. Premium color is 2.9k. But now 2021 appt all full. 2022 appt slot not open yet. 

Yes actually cheaper old dealer sold about $2750 for M6R in 2014 and I also bought BE black supposed limited edition almost 4K in 2015. Now BE is limited unlimited model. 

8 minutes ago, Knighthunter said:

Yes actually cheaper old dealer sold about $2750 for M6R in 2014 and I also bought BE black supposed limited edition almost 4K in 2015. Now BE is limited unlimited model. 

I think Brompton Junction sell 6 speed without rack and mudguard.

My wife bought Chap3 that is supposed to be a LIMITED EDITION.

2 hours ago, Atonchia said:

Oh.... the convenience of a foldie. 

Not all foldies fold the same... I wont bother to fold unfold mine unless for transportation or storage. 😅

• Praise 1

42 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

I think Brompton Junction sell 6 speed without rack and mudguard.

My wife bought Chap3 that is supposed to be a LIMITED EDITION.

That's why sometime I felt Brompton limited edition is a scam 🙂 nothing special only colors and saddle otherwise all the parts with normal brompton yet premium is quite high.

No mudguard model is ending with "E", Rack ending with "R" and mudguard only no rack ending with "L"

Chpt3 is equal to S6E-X in normal model, -X means extremities are in Titanium

Extremities in Brompton talking is front fork and rear triangle

Edited by Knighthunter
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2