Power window driver side Rear pik-jia (Alfa 159)

Spermface

Neutral Newbie

Tried opening the rear driver side window and suddenly heard a loud CLARK as if something broke. Now the window kept 'sinking' down.

SO how much to repair/replace this crappy power window?

↡ Advertisement

Tried opening the rear driver side window and suddenly heard a loud CLARK as if something broke. Now the window kept 'sinking' down.

Around $400?

CLARK sound means have to change the whole thing already. About $400 to repair at AS, but dunno whether they have stock. Check with EA first whether it's covered under warranty, my first window failure was covered under warranty. Meantime you can prop the window up as shown in picture using cardboards .. otherwise it will slide down as you drive.

post-52900-1333337322_thumb.jpg

CLARK sound means have to change the whole thing already. About $400 to repair at AS, but dunno whether they have stock. Check with EA first whether it's covered under warranty, my first window failure was covered under warranty. Meantime you can prop the window up as shown in picture using cardboards .. otherwise it will slide down as you drive.

If your car warranty still valid, then it is covered.

warranty for car window mechanism is good for only 3 yrs or 60k Km whichever comes first.

mine wasnt covered. EA quoted me 700+. 1 day job.

I went to AS, 430 i think. 1 hr job.

Turbocharged

Yours also Alfa?

adding this URL to this thread :

https://www.windowregulatorman.co.uk/

i ordered my window regulator from here. delievery takes a while... but its cheap. You can diy and all in all wont cost you more than $110 and an hour.

Hi Chrispie,

Can advise how long it took for the regulator to arrive?

Thanks.

Hi Chrispie,

Can advise how long it took for the regulator to arrive?

Thanks.

sorry for late reply... it took about 3-4 weeks...

↡ Advertisement