Accident near Singapore Flyer

Berncsp76

well.....they also try on HDB

but still there are those who flout the rules in harbouring illegals immigrants

Would you do it than? There is no 100% cure as there will always be people breaking the rules but if it can reduce the main bulk, it is consider worth it. Just like drug traffic is sentence by hanging but still there are people who do it, whats the chance of you to know someone who do it? We can argue till the cow come home but there is no 100% solution to solve everything in some cases, especially when comes to dealing with people.

↡ Advertisement

(edited)

Friend, i am not in the position to say whether he deserved it or whether his wife deserved it. a life is gone now, and he has to suffer the punishment for taking a life away. whether he deserve the punishment or not for me to judge or comment. maybe some would say he should be the going instead of his wife. everyone make mistakes, some get away with it, some don't. i think we should just leave him alone, because he has his whole life to live what he has done.

I am just pointing out that the wife might not be totally innocent as well as I am a believer of balance. Whatever course of action we do, there will be an equal reaction, this reaction might come now or maybe later.

Edited by Ghostami

Turbocharged

Seriously .... from the report if they belong to a certain race, they are not supposed to drink by religion .... double the sins .... IMO

Remember - race does not neccessarily = religion.

And religion itself is a personal choice as to how much you want to follow....

anyone actually think of the message post on the LED panel?

"Think of your Love Ones, Drive safe"

i do slow down everytime i see that message -_-

Would you do it than? There is no 100% cure as there will always be people breaking the rules but if it can reduce the main bulk, it is consider worth it. Just like drug traffic is sentence by hanging but still there are people who do it, whats the chance of you to know someone who do it? We can argue till the cow come home but there is no 100% solution to solve everything in some cases, especially when comes to dealing with people.

like i said

there are no 100% fool proof law

but for those who are willing to take risk

dont cry mother cry father when kena caught

blaming everyone except themselves

Gentlemen, what is not in the papers is that the couple was going home from her mothers place after staying overnight there. To me it is highly unlikely that he was drinking - I know the family. God knows that he may have been reckless while driving etc but pls refrain from concluding that he was drunk and he/wife deserves it. It is morally wrong. Who is anyone to say this and that about someone when you do not know the full picture.

(edited)

Gentlemen, what is not in the papers is that the couple was going home from her mothers place after staying overnight there. To me it is highly unlikely that he was drinking - I know the family. God knows that he may have been reckless while driving etc but pls refrain from concluding that he was drunk and he/wife deserves it. It is morally wrong. Who is anyone to say this and that about someone when you do not know the full picture.

Well, newspaper reported he is arrested for drink driving...

Edited by Dualie

Turbocharged

Well, newspaper reported he is arrested for drink driving...

Arrested for SUSPECTED drink driving AND rash act causing death.

In the normal course of things, you would expect that arrest is basically equal to guilt (as drink driving can be a quantitative determination) but simply being arrested is not conclusive proof of guilt - especially if he had been knocked unconsious it is not beyond the realm of possibility that he appeared drunk when he had not consumer alcohol.

It may well be that he was arrested on suspicion, then tested, with test coming back negative.

(of course, he may also be guilty as sin, and tested positive on the spot)

Pls read further up the thread ...

He's referring to this, where the 2011 Civic is rated 2 star for side impact and 3 star overall (NOT the accident picture hor)

http://www.thecarconnection.com/news/10541...-new-crash-test

obviously i was referring to the accident car. weren't you digging up the NCAP ratings for the purpose of raining more brickbats on the design of the accident car? [rolleyes]

Turbocharged

Well, He deseved it.

Its his Karma, Drink to drive and drive to drink. This is the ultimate tragegy he get for ignoring road safety in the first place.

Don't so hard hearted lah. Spare a thought for his kids. 2 & 4yr old. I wish she survived and not him.

Lately too many drink driving cases and I urge the Authorities be it LTA or TP or whosoever to implement Tougher punishment on the culprit. Every driver on the road who party & drink dun give a damn about drink driving. At the most kena fined and 1 year suspension of driving license nia if kena caught. How many times will they be caught when they decide to drink & drive.

I suggest 5yrs imprisonment with lifelong Ban on drivibg as well as a hefty fine amount like our COE price. If its 1.6L and below car involved in drink driving, then shld be fine Cat A COE price. If its above 1.6L car involved or kenna caught, then shld be fine Cat B COE price.

This will increase our Gahment monetary coffer and as well as act as deterant to drink driving!!

Isnt this a Good Suggestion???

If one wanna drive after drinking session, better think twice!!

Too MANY and I REPEAT again. Too MANY Drink Driving driver dont bloodly care a damn about it.

You can implement the harshest law, but all claimed to have hit a tree branch how?

Wife's death in car crash: Husband arrested

The police have arrested the man who was behind the wheel of a Toyota Vios that crashed into a stationary bus on Sunday, killing his wife seated next to him.

Mr Bobby Elfian, a safety officer, was arrested on Sunday for suspected drink driving and causing death by a rash act.

He was released on bail the same day pending police investigations.

On Monday morning, the 28-year-old went to the mortuary at Singapore General Hospital (SGH) to identify the body of his wife, Ms Siti Norliza, 25.

source: http://www.straitstimes.com/BreakingNews/S...ory_784733.html

Huh! A malay/Muslim, drink driving, not being racist, our footballers.... Safety officer? What's gotten into them?

The police have arrested the man who was behind the wheel of a Toyota Vios that crashed into a stationary bus on Sunday, killing his wife seated next to him.

Mr Bobby Elfian, a safety officer, was arrested on Sunday for suspected drink driving and causing death by a rash act.

On Monday morning, the 28-year-old went to the mortuary at Singapore General Hospital (SGH) to identify the body of his wife, Ms Siti Norliza, 25.

Huh! A malay/Muslim, drink driving, not being racist, our footballers.... Safety officer? What's gotten into them?

You are not being racist, but rather misinformed.

Being Malay doesn't necessarily makes one a Muslim.

I have friends with non-Malay names who are Muslim, and have known Malays who aren't Muslim.

And yes, I'm a Other Race Muslim.

↡ Advertisement