How much did you spend on house renovation?

Espresso

Neutral Newbie

what type of children bed you looking at??

I want low bed but throw in some nice feature....like a rooftop....so overall it looks more like a playhouse than a bed

↡ Advertisement

is the Air fryer good? was thinking of getting one for my new house.

no hood is something i dont dare to try.

my wife like to fried some times.

there's promo for air fryer now i think. it's good but cleaning is a bitch.

i'd like to have a hood too but it spoils the clean look of the kitchen. also, i can't hang anything on a false ceiling.

I want low bed but throw in some nice feature....like a rooftop....so overall it looks more like a playhouse than a bed

u wanna get your ID to quote you on that? sometimes custom make may be cheaper.

Neutral Newbie

u wanna get your ID to quote you on that? sometimes custom make may be cheaper.

Problem is I havent seen enough to come up with something based on my imagination... [:(]

Turbocharged

there's promo for air fryer now i think. it's good but cleaning is a bitch.

i'd like to have a hood too but it spoils the clean look of the kitchen. also, i can't hang anything on a false ceiling.

airfryer not bad but capacity is small. Hold max 6 chicken wings mid joint at any one time only. Put more and the wings will not turn out crisp.

Washing is ok. After frying and cooling down, just soak the container and mesh in some soapy water. Wait an hour or so and wash. Whatever stuck will easily come off.

I overhauled my EM, size around 160sqm..rewiring, hacking,grilles,doors, windows etc..

reno alone was $63k i tink.. [:(] ..dat oso i outsource some work which i find the main con over charging.

Furnishing, lighting, electrical appliances etc..i stopped calculating when it hit near 30k.. [bigcry]

1 regret is using laminate on 1st floor, my children always spill water then always got to monitor & wipe, some areas didnt notice, now bit warping, very ugli.

Turbocharged

you sure??? later they climb on top of the rooftop [sweatdrop]

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

By the way do you guys expected a higher selling price for your place if you done considerable reno?

I am a bit strange but when I was looking for my new place, I was shortlisting those with little to no reno. I told my ID...whatever reno you see...i want them all tear down. To me...previous owner's reno is another people's dream....I want a fresh beginning for my house.

The housing agents see me also headache..cos when they tell me got reno this and that...I will tell them my consideration is how much it will cost me to tear down the reno....lol

Edited by Espresso

Turbocharged

I overhauled my EM, size around 160sqm..rewiring, hacking,grilles,doors, windows etc..

reno alone was $63k i tink.. [:(] ..dat oso i outsource some work which i find the main con over charging.

Furnishing, lighting, electrical appliances etc..i stopped calculating when it hit near 30k.. [bigcry]

1 regret is using laminate on 1st floor, my children always spill water then always got to monitor & wipe, some areas didnt notice, now bit warping, very ugli.

change that area lor. i think that is the beauty of laminate. can change just a small area.

Turbocharged
(edited)

Wah. Singaporeans really spend a bomb on renovation.

All in the 40-60k range.....

Dear lord....

you go and shop around look for quotation now.. its all around this price even for small renovation also very expensive.

Edited by Joseph22

airfryer not bad but capacity is small. Hold max 6 chicken wings mid joint at any one time only. Put more and the wings will not turn out crisp.

Washing is ok. After frying and cooling down, just soak the container and mesh in some soapy water. Wait an hour or so and wash. Whatever stuck will easily come off.

bro, french fries, chicken wings still alright. easy to wash cos its dry and no oil.

but.. i made char siew with it.

the chao ta sauce gets stuck in the small crevices.. i soaked in water overnight.. still difficult to wash man.

yummy :wub:

261379_2036415904046_1053669286_2392167_2097722_n.jpg

By the way do you guys expected a higher selling price for your place if you done considerable reno?

I am a bit strange but when I was looking for my new place, I was shortlisting those with little to no reno. I told my ID...whatever reno you see...i want them all tear down. To me...previous owner's reno is another people's dream....I want a fresh beginning for my house.

Yes, I do. The valuation is also much higher than normal. BUT the reno has to withstand the test of time, meaning, it doesnt look aged with current trends. So choose your design and materials carefully. My reno for my previous place was done more than a decade ago and when I sold the place last year, it still looks modern and fresh.

And people complain HDB is expensive......

I have a small apartment, but include funitures & TV, around 12K (exclude Kitchen & fridge, tiles, toilet. Those are there when I came). Done over 3 months, few at a time. But there are still some work to be done (little things like curtains & canopy for the balcony, & some painting pictures on the wall). I am guessing, at the end, it will be about 16k.

Reno cost: about 1/2 dozen 200ml Beer. My friend help me in transporting & assemble some furnature, fix the lights, & paint the house.

I think the profit margin of these contractor must be enormous in Singapore.

I think contractors in SIngapore is abit like dealers in Singapore. They know we pay a huge money for our car/housing, so they charge 'appropiately' high.

The housing agents see me also headache..cos when they tell me got reno this and that...I will tell them my consideration is how much it will cost me to tear down the reno....lol

it may help in COV to some families (especially PRs) who want a nice place that is in move-in condition.

to most young families, its TEAR TEAR TEAR. I WANT MY OWN DESIGN! [laugh]

Neutral Newbie

Yes, I do. The valuation is also much higher than normal. BUT the reno has to withstand the test of time, meaning, it doesnt look aged with current trends. So choose your design and materials carefully. My reno for my previous place was done more than a decade ago and when I sold the place last year, it still looks modern and fresh.

I guess so...I gave a discount to my buyer becos I done no reno for my current place.

↡ Advertisement