Bed and breakfast accommodation in US

Bluepica

Are those B&B in San Fran and NYC safe to stay? I also read about scams and illegal renting out of the place.

Anyone any experience?

↡ Advertisement

its touch n go, with regards to crime in US. but go for the chain B&B like comfort inn, days inn etc. i stay those when im in the US - they feel alot more homely n def more organised. btw hotels in the US are not exp.

its touch n go, with regards to crime in US. but go for the chain B&B like comfort inn, days inn etc. i stay those when im in the US - they feel alot more homely n def more organised. btw hotels in the US are not exp.

hotel in NYC is very very ex lor... at least >S$300

Found some B&B ard Brooklyn area but don't know how safe it is. and the cost is much much cheaper.

Are those B&B in San Fran and NYC safe to stay? I also read about scams and illegal renting out of the place.

Anyone any experience?

There is still one near the bay area, nice elderly couple running the place.

I stayed in SFO 8yrs, quiet a alright place as far as I know. Just don't

go to the Tenderloin district, you won't come out alive. Remember the name well,

I'm not joking here.

hotel in NYC is very very ex lor... at least >S$300

Found some B&B ard Brooklyn area but don't know how safe it is. and the cost is much much cheaper.

ya if u stay manhattan, def its exp. brooklyn is ok cos the NY train system are very well connected altho sibeh old and complex! anyw u def dun drive in NYC, parking n traffic wil kill u. jus take the trains. west side USA no prob n u shd drive there.

anyw brooklyn iirc either marriott or sheraton, u can get for SGD 200-ish n offers a great view of the bridge n manhattan. can consider.

ya if u stay manhattan, def its exp. brooklyn is ok cos the NY train system are very well connected altho sibeh old and complex! anyw u def dun drive in NYC, parking n traffic wil kill u. jus take the trains. west side USA no prob n u shd drive there.

anyw brooklyn iirc either marriott or sheraton, u can get for SGD 200-ish n offers a great view of the bridge n manhattan. can consider.

ok thanks.... will look into it [:)]

Can elaborate more? Good to share share your experience.

PM me what you want to know, if I can help I definitely will.

I dowan Blue Pica to know. [laugh]

Check out the trip advisor website. It has many reviews and also the ranking list of good places to stay for all budget type.

(edited)

Look for deals here

http://www.expedia.com/Hotels

http://travelc.priceline.com/hotels/startO...efclickid=HOTEL

Expedia has great rates with unpublished hotels - you don't know the hotel name till you actually buy, but you know the class of hotel and the part of town.

Priceline 'name your own price' deals are great for finding the lowest price point for a given class and area, but you may need a US credit card.

As someone else has said, hotels in NYC can be $$$

This sounds reasonable: $281 for 2-Star Chelsea - Madison Square Garden Area Hotel

http://www.expedia.com/Unpublished-Rate-Ho...s=1333641346540

Chelsea is a reasonably short subway ride to any place you might name and is also close to the comedy clubs as well as the night hangouts around Bleecker street. With taxes that'll bring you to $300+

Check out the Comedy Cellar and Gotham Comedy Club and try to get tickets.

Here's another way to save if you are only sightseeing. You can get deals for both NYC and SF.

http://www.smartdestinations.com/

Re SF - I haven't been there for years but stayed in a decent B&B. Only downside is shared bathrooms....but if you're trying to save money, it's a choice. The nightlife around the cheaper areas can be a little.... robust.... if you're not used to it.

Good luck!

Edited by Nostalgia
↡ Advertisement