Alfa 159 Part III. (any alfa discussion welcomed too)

RadX

If you calculate by price per seat (4 vs 2), Brera gives better value ? [laugh]

Brera seems more rare, especially 2.2 models.

Is that Xeryh's Spider ?

Brera where got 4 seats.... it's 2 full seats and 2 half seats.

so total only 3. [laugh]

↡ Advertisement

If you calculate by price per seat (4 vs 2), Brera gives better value ? [laugh]

Brera seems more rare, especially 2.2 models.

Is that Xeryh's Spider ?

Isnt this better [:p] ?

post-61679-1333498364_thumb.jpg

oops, i mixed up....Edmund is D3Badge...^_^

i have been eyeing his licence plate long long liao.... [:p]

Edmund is the boss of Pitstop la .. your usual tyre place.

(edited)

LOL yeah even sgcarmart listed my car as Brera Spider, even though I just put Spider

Can share with us which car are you looking at?

Sprint booster is pretty much useless, since you can adjust your throttle. Its actually more shiok to control your throttle yourself instead of letting the sprint booster do the job for you.

Alfa sportivo will carry everything you will need. If you happen to buy my car (already sold to dealer, sorry), it comes with a fancy fuel cap and free BMC lol

Only thing unique to the spider is the soft top. If you can activate it without error messages, should be good to go. Otherwise the car is pretty reliable mechanically. Had no problems with the engine. Gearbox had some minor hiccups but was fixed once I went to the right party.

Actually went to take at look at yours that was sold to the dealer. However, the car wasnt there. One of the agent took her for a viewing/joyride. So went ahead and viewed a 3.2 spider but the price tag abit OTT. If u dun mind sharing, how much did u sell it to the dealer?

As for the soft top, only problem i've encountered is that the boot doesnt open when the soft top is down? Can we over ride this problem? N the soft top doesnt activate when any of the door is open...

If i can find a good tuner, then i'm sure we can do w/o the sprint booster.

Sprint booster helps not with more power, but with throttle sensitivity. for some TC cars, because the throttle body is opened wider at an earlier stage, there is some increase in torque, but mildly.

BUT, on some ECUs, the signal is magnified such that the ECU has to taper it off when under WOT and you might see your self not using MAX POWER, at speeds of more than 160kmh...etc.

BUT if you send your car for tuning, they can also make the throttle more sensitive, giving you that sprint booster feel, without the top end cut off.

Difference is in the price, tuning and installing/uninstalling.

Hi Bro, can you intro me a tuner for the Spider? Not looking at aggresive tune. It's it butt tune or rolling road tune?? Via reflash, mapping etc??

There is a particular spider which is 6months older asking for the same price..

Isnt it more worthy? [:/]

There's a Red Brera that was recently posted but she's a manual... I need an Auto ride cos of my misus... But the price is a bargain. I'm looking at a black spider that's right ard the same price range.

Thx all Bros for the helpful replies [wave]

Edited by Sparcolite

(edited)

we were just talking abt fuel tank...

From Full to 3/4 - 156 is uses 18litres...

Any clues how much 159 & GT uses?

it will be around 25-30ltr for 159 provided you fill the car to the maximum. i manage to pump around 45ltr just above the half mark and 80ltr the full tank.

Edited by Vinil

(edited)

There's a Red Brera that was recently posted but she's a manual... I need an Auto ride cos of my misus... But the price is a bargain. I'm looking at a black spider that's right ard the same price range.

Thx all Bros for the helpful replies [wave]

Red brera missing the clutch pedal in exchange for paddleshifts [:p]

post-61679-1333511069_thumb.png

Edited by Vhtfhwlego

Technically speaking, ours are robotised manuals instead of auto. It can be classified as auto as the robot will control the clutch and gear changes, so it seems like an auto to the driver.

Dual clutch (DSG etc) also tried to imitate auto behaviour by 'hiding' and removing drivers' involvement for clutch.

Freaking confused now... Posted as a Manual but it's actually an AUTO?? [rolleyes]

I sold it to the dealer for less than $80k. There is a way to open the boot when the softtop is deployed. The second row of 'seats' are storage spaces and if you opened up the one directly behind the passenger seat, there is a mechanism that you can pull to open the boot.

there are a few of tuners in Singapore who can do the 159/Brera/Spyder with the ability to touch up the throttle response sensitivity.

Price range from 900-1200. Please do your own dyno before tuning. you don't want to have someone just tweak the throttle response sensitivity and IMAGINE that you've got more power.

I sold it to the dealer for less than $80k. There is a way to open the boot when the softtop is deployed. The second row of 'seats' are storage spaces and if you opened up the one directly behind the passenger seat, there is a mechanism that you can pull to open the boot.

Thx Bro. You've been of great help with the info provided. Car dealers r REALLY like what Bro Saabretooth says in his signature... Ur ride now is retailing at $92,888...

there are a few of tuners in Singapore who can do the 159/Brera/Spyder with the ability to touch up the throttle response sensitivity.

Price range from 900-1200. Please do your own dyno before tuning. you don't want to have someone just tweak the throttle response sensitivity and IMAGINE that you've got more power.

Hi Bro, is there anyone that you can recommend? I only know a few jap tuners when they worked on my FCon Vpro years back... now sitting in my cupboard collecting dusts.

Freaking confused now... Posted as a Manual but it's actually an AUTO?? [rolleyes]

No need to be confuse one la...

Buy Alfa from the heart...

See which one talk to you most :wub:

Thx Bro. You've been of great help with the info provided. Car dealers r REALLY like what Bro Saabretooth says in his signature... Ur ride now is retailing at $92,888...

Hi Bro, is there anyone that you can recommend? I only know a few jap tuners when they worked on my FCon Vpro years back... now sitting in my cupboard collecting dusts.

can ask toey nego for u.

for the tune,

I only know of Monster Tune, Boss Motorsports and Dynatech.

don't piggy back it. doesn't work.

instant hp, release the ponies by changing your rear exhaust, unless its changed already.

Extras, come for kopi session....

If you're looking to buy a car, COEs are going to shoot through the roof. Taxi company is applying for 120 or so COEs for this month ..., COE is up up and away...

it will be around 25-30ltr for 159 provided you fill the car to the maximum. i manage to pump around 45ltr just above the half mark and 80ltr the full tank.

If I drive 159 in the coming years... I think i will shock myself 4 times per month ^_^ with the 80ltr tanks.

↡ Advertisement