CAN YOU SPEAK CHINESE?

JJ_JJ

Errrr.....were i in Giant China then???

I speak only mandarin which is their (pu tong hua) whenever in China, Xiamen.

When i try to speak mandarin to any old folk in service at coffeeshop, and when she cant understand, she will tell and ask me " Sorry, wa mei hiao tia hua yu, ni a sia gong hokkien bo?"

See any attitude difference comparing subject matter?

Aiya, not happy open your own giant supermart and hire the ppl you like lor. Kao peh so much for what?

↡ Advertisement

Supersonic

TS you very unreasonable, our common language is not their common language. She is asking you to speak in her language so she can help you, but you got offended so easily.

I think problem now is not who's common language is. I still feel that if you come to a country where certain language is commonly used, as a foreigner you should at least know that language. Imagine if you go to hk to work, although maybe people in hk also know how to speak mandarin or english, but their common language there is cantonese. Everyone there also must learn how to speak some basic cantonese, so you cannot just say that this is not my common language, and i no need to know.

Aiya, not happy open your own giant supermart and hire the ppl you like lor. Kao peh so much for what?

ya lor, you are very clever lor

Actually both of you are Chinese, so there is nothing wrong with speaking mandarin as a common language between you and her.

Maybe the girl see his cheenabiang face, thought he cannot speak english, so speak chinese loh. It is very insulting to him ok! It hurt his ego.

Neutral Newbie

I think problem now is not who's common language is. I still feel that if you come to a country where certain language is commonly used, as a foreigner you should at least know that language. Imagine if you go to hk to work, although maybe people in hk also know how to speak mandarin or english, but their common language there is cantonese. Everyone there also must learn how to speak some basic cantonese, so you cannot just say that this is not my common language, and i no need to know.

My friend was a fund manager in HK for a couple of years and he live by with little or no Cantonese. He basically does English.

ya lor

want the grocery to be cheap.. service to be good... and want the customer service to be multi lingual and can offer special... LOL

Sinkie's $0.50 is bigger than wheel on his bullock cart. U mean u dunno meh?

ya lor, you are very clever lor

Go to the Chinese ambassy bang table and ask why they never learn English. And dan say you want to beat 10 of their best fighters at one go. :D

please give more thought to this if you have no ground experience in dealing with the industry. Many of these companies already hiring local uncle and aunties, if they are slow and cannot handle the POS machine, they will be assigned to the store room/warehouse or as promoter.

But if they completely have no skill at all, how would you want the company to employ them? stand there for show and act pathetic <_<

I bet my last $$ that you will come in to complaint that the aunties took 20 min to complete one transaction <_<

i dont operate in that industry for sure. you sound like an expert, so you do?

i just know that there are many aunties in NTUC that can use the Point-Of-Sales machines rather well.

in addition, if POS is concerned, i am not sure if that PRC can operate one ? not tested not proven yet.

Go to the Chinese ambassy bang table and ask why they never learn English. And dan say you want to beat 10 of their best fighters at one go. :D

no no, why not u try it yourself? dont want to be like that ferrari guy "lai lai lai lai.......lai"

one speaks mandarin and the fact that most of the population cannot converse in proper english is already evident that the education system have failed..not to mention the failure to understand simple english words on the road signboards and road names

no no, why not u try it yourself? dont want to be like that ferrari guy "lai lai lai lai.......lai"

Try it myself? But but but I have nothing to comprain leh.

Actually you come here comprain to who ah? Giant? But here is Mycarforum leh. You seriously think your feedback will auto send to Giant? Maybe you are drunk or something. [rolleyes]

Wait till u go big nite clubs in sin.

Suddenly all these English speaking big bosses can speak good mandarin to communicate with the xmm [laugh]

that's because they want extra service from the xmm lah...so to get under their skirt....speak mandarin is a must lor....

Since, we already have so many SAF 5 Stars General's in our Pariahment Cabinet, who knows one fine day these Ex-SAF Army Cheifs type of minister's might tackle these issues and strongly implementing NSF Language Badges into our civilians lifstyle, thus every Singaporean must put on approprate Language Badge identifying each other for mutual interacting conversations and culture integration.

Green Badge = English Speaking

Orange Badge = Mandarin Speaking

Red Badge = Hokkien Speaking (NSF aka Hokkien Platoon)

No Badge = Dumb & Speechless

[confused]:blink:

Glad that you are open minded enough to see that not all PRC are bad. I had good and bad experiences with foreigners so i don't immediately write them off as bad like other singaporeans do.

In fact i am so far very impressed with the PRC and pinoy, their service is good, they strive harder at their jobs than some other people and they are polite too. Erm... Please don't think dirty thoughts ok.

With regard to politeness: it is a two way street. I noticed singaporeans like to talk down to PRC and Pinoy service staff, so how can you blame them for reciprocating? You treat people with respect, you get the same back. It is like how last time singaporeans always complain why SQ gals treat singaporeans differently from they way they treat Westerners. Well, look into the mirror and look at your own behaviour first then maybe you will understand.

I have noticed from young that many singaporeans are really goddamn rude when they speak. Really "no family teach". Well what to expect from peasant heritage.

to be frank...in retail service...I do find pinoy and PRC not too bad.....Singaporean are the one that don't give a damn in providing good services...btw..I'm singaporean...not PR or FT hor..

Since, we already have so many SAF 5 Stars General's in our Pariahment Cabinet, who knows one fine day these Ex-SAF Army Cheifs type of minister's might tackle these issues and strongly implementing NSF Language Badges into our civilians lifstyle, thus every Singaporean must put on approprate Language Badge identifying each other for mutual interacting conversations and culture integration.

Green Badge = English Speaking

Orange Badge = Mandarin Speaking

Red Badge = Hokkien Speaking (NSF aka Hokkien Platoon)

No Badge = Dumb & Speechless

[confused]:blink:

RAINBOW how? = Chow Ah Gua? [laugh][laugh]

Try it myself? But but but I have nothing to comprain leh.

Actually you come here comprain to who ah? Giant? But here is Mycarforum leh. You seriously think your feedback will auto send to Giant? Maybe you are drunk or something. [rolleyes]

As your nick may imply, your tire doesnt fit your wheel properly. Since when this thread is meant for complaints?

Do you need me to speak in chinese to you?

As your nick may imply, your tire doesnt fit your wheel properly. Since when this thread is meant for complaints?

Do you need me to speak in chinese to you?

Dan you are just barking at nothing.

You sures? You already say you dun speak mandarin. :D

↡ Advertisement