Miak Siew - S'pore first openly gay pastor

Alim

You hardly get this type of news coverage in our papers... [;)]

Last week, we published the first part of Reverend Miak Siew

↡ Advertisement

If one is a Christian, one cannot be Gay. If one is gay, one cannot be a christian. It's an oxymoron.

The bible states in so many areas that homosexuality is a form of sexual immorality and is a sin. This is non-arguable.

Some people may believe they are born gay and have gay tendencies but if they want to follow Christ, they have to follow everything Christ says and not twist certain factors/points in His teachings to suit him. Accepting everything about Christ but His directive on sexual immorality is wrong. It's just the same as someone who continues to live in sin by masturbating regularly without remorse or a murderer or thief who believes in committing his sinful tendencies is fine as long as he follows the rest of Christ's teachings.

All of us struggle with some form of temptation, weakness, sin that each of us are more prone to. But that doesn't give us the right to twist Christ's teachings to justify our wrong doing.

• Praise 2

If one is a Christian, one cannot be Gay. If one is gay, one cannot be a christian. It's an oxymoron.

The bible states in so many areas that homosexuality is a form of sexual immorality and is a sin. This is non-arguable.

Some people may believe they are born gay and have gay tendencies but if they want to follow Christ, they have to follow everything Christ says and not twist certain factors/points in His teachings to suit him. Accepting everything about Christ but His directive on sexual immorality is wrong. It's just the same as someone who continues to live in sin by masturbating regularly without remorse or a murderer or thief who believes in committing his sinful tendencies is fine as long as he follows the rest of Christ's teachings.

All of us struggle with some form of temptation, weakness, sin that each of us are more prone to. But that doesn't give us the right to twist Christ's teachings to justify our wrong doing.

Agree totally. [nod]

Soddom n Ghommorrah revisited! This time it will be the whole world!

And we will not be spared. [sweatdrop]

This topic reminded me of this song that is always on my iPod and listen to when I drive.

I lived a quiet life

A stranger to champagne

I never dared to venture out

To cities of the plain

I'd heard about their way of life

Took it with a pinch of salt

The freedom and the time to play

A life so easy

It intrigued me

When you called to say:

"Are you gonna go

To the Sodom and Gomorrah Show?

It's got everything you need for your complete

Entertainment and instruction

Sun, sex, sin, divine intervention,

Death and destruction

The Sodom and Gomorrah show

Is a once-in-a-lifetime production"

I think it's true to say

My life was changed that night

In the liberated

Atmosphere

All around me

Someone found me

Whispered in my ear

"Are you gonna go

Death and destruction

The Sodom and Gomorrah Show

Then we went on

After-hours

There was place down below

It was there I realised

The meaning of the show

You've got to love

To learn to live

Where angels fear to tread

I did it and I don't regret the day

Even now

I think of how

You turned to me to say

"Are you gonna go

Death and destruction

The Sodom and Gomorrah Show

west-wing.png

Any Christian who actually read the Bible page by page will know that no Christian in this world follow every single rule in the Bible from Genesis to Revelations. If you say, meh, Old Testament don't count, then notice that Jesus himself was never quoted saying anything against homosexuality. In fact, Jesus healed the servant of a Centurion "whom he (the Centurion) loved".

I'm a Catholic. I am not a gay rights supporter, mostly because I can't stand Siew Kum Hong's face. But don't tell me the Bible says this and that and you must obey all the rules in the Bible, unless you also obey all the rules cited by The West Wing "President" above.

• Praise 1

(edited)

humans are more complex than we think. those who are not born gay will think why ppl want to be gay...they cannot and will not understand...unless u r saying they are children of the devil.

a man will not understand how its like to be a woman unless they experience it themselves.

Edited by Babyt

Turbocharged
(edited)

Homosexual is just that SIN. we have no issue with Gay or lesbian. but to say Homosexual is not a SIN mean that you rejected God words. its already written in the bible both old and new T.

Nothing against LGBT but SIN is just that SIN.

Any Christian who actually read the Bible page by page will know that no Christian in this world follow every single rule in the Bible from Genesis to Revelations. If you say, meh, Old Testament don't count, then notice that Jesus himself was never quoted saying anything against homosexuality. In fact, Jesus healed the servant of a Centurion "whom he (the Centurion) loved".

I'm a Catholic. I am not a gay rights supporter, mostly because I can't stand Siew Kum Hong's face. But don't tell me the Bible says this and that and you must obey all the rules in the Bible, unless you also obey all the rules cited by The West Wing "President" above.

Edited by Joseph22

And we will not be spared. [sweatdrop]

And none will be spared and so it will pass

and we will gather in the plains

where all our deeds and misdeed will be judged!

If GOD approves of Gay unions , he'd create ADAM & STEVE, and not Adam and Eve.

maybe steve had changed into the snake!

the head for one hole, the tail the other ...

... all are happy!!! [laugh]

Supercharged

I have no issue with one who is gay. He can be a priest or whatever. Afterall sins come in many forms and no one is without sin.

However I do have an issue with gays who try to protray that practising a gay lifestyle is not a sin.

Murder is a sin.

Stealing is a sin.

Adultery is a sin etc etc.

No ifs or buts ................

Homosexual is just that SIN. we have no issue with Gay or lesbian. but to say Homosexual is not a SIN mean that you rejected God words. its already written in the bible both old and new T.

Nothing against LGBT but SIN is just that SIN.

I agree, it is a sin. Like planting different crops side by side, or wearing clothes made with different threads, or working on the Sabbath day. All sins explicitly forbidden in the Bible.

So how is it that we choose to take one so seriously and disregard the rest?

Dont blame God, dont blame the Bible. We humans made a choice to prioritise one over others. Think about that.

(edited)

Christ has warned of false prophet that speaks in his name...................

this is definitely one of them <_<

Edited by Hamburger
↡ Advertisement