Hit-N-Run Victim found 5 hour later @ PIE.

PaiKia-Lee

Damn sad!

PIE fatal hit-and-run: Victim found nearly 5 hours later

Above: Mr Muhammad Zulfiqar's body was found in the centre of the divider at the PIE on Monday morning close to five hours later after he was flung off his motorbike.

SINGAPORE - A 21-year-old motorcyclist was flung off his motorbike while travelling on the Pan-Island Expressway (PIE) towards Changi Airport on Monday morning (April 2).

The bike appeared to have skidded, The New Paper reported. But the victim of the fatal accident, Mr Muhammad Zulfiqar, was found close to five hours later at 10.15am.

The police said in a joint statement with the Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF) that they first received a call about the accident at 5.25am.

Upon arrival, they found an unattended motorbike at lane 3 of the expressway, the statement said.

However "attempts to verify the whereabouts of the motorbike owner were unsuccessful and officers left the scene subsequently," the agencies said.

At 9.15am, SCDF received another call about "someone lying down in the divider along PIE towards Changi Airport, after Upper Bukit Timah exit".

But again the dispatched ambulance could not locate the victim.

At about 10.07am, the police received another report of "a man lying in the bushes at the centre divider of PIE" and returned to the location.

But it was another SCDF ambulance that was on its way to a separate incident along the PIE that spotted Mr Muhammad.

Paramedics pronounced the biker dead at 10.15am. According to Chinese-language newspaper Lianhe Wanbao, Mr Muhammad was left for dead after he was hit by a car and flung off his bike.

Mr Muhammad's father, Mr Mohd Nor, 45, said his family had never supported his son's decision to ride a motorcycle, according to The New Paper. However he had insisted that it was more convenient than taking the bus or MRT.

Mr Mohd Nor said that on the day of the accident, his son had gone for supper with some frineds afer knocking off from work in the wee hours of the morning.

Police investigations are ongoing.

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Damn sad!

Above: Mr Muhammad Zulfiqar's body was found in the centre of the divider at the PIE on Monday morning close to five hours later after he was flung off his motorbike.

SINGAPORE - A 21-year-old motorcyclist was flung off his motorbike while travelling on the Pan-Island Expressway (PIE) towards Changi Airport on Monday morning (April 2).

The bike appeared to have skidded, The New Paper reported. But the victim of the fatal accident, Mr Muhammad Zulfiqar, was found close to five hours later at 10.15am.

The police said in a joint statement with the Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF) that they first received a call about the accident at 5.25am.

Upon arrival, they found an unattended motorbike at lane 3 of the expressway, the statement said.

However "attempts to verify the whereabouts of the motorbike owner were unsuccessful and officers left the scene subsequently," the agencies said.

At 9.15am, SCDF received another call about "someone lying down in the divider along PIE towards Changi Airport, after Upper Bukit Timah exit".

At about 10.07am, the police received another report of "a man lying in the bushes at the centre divider of PIE" and returned to the location.

But it was another SCDF ambulance that was on its way to a separate incident along the PIE that spotted Mr Muhammad.

Paramedics pronounced the biker dead at 10.15am. According to Chinese-language newspaper Lianhe Wanbao, Mr Muhammad was left for dead after he was hit by a car and flung off his bike.

Mr Muhammad's father, Mr Mohd Nor, 45, said his family had never supported his son's decision to ride a motorcycle, according to The New Paper. However he had insisted that it was more convenient than taking the bus or MRT.

Mr Mohd Nor said that on the day of the accident, his son had gone for supper with some frineds afer knocking off from work in the wee hours of the morning.

Maybe need more cameras. Good excuse to raise ERP soon. [laugh]

Supercharged

Tougher law is needed.

Hit & Run, regardless of severity, banned for driving for 10 years.

Drink driving, life time ban.

i think the SCDF need to answer for this case...

found an unattended motorbike.. but still did not search the place carefully..actually by 9:15am when they receive the second call... they should have know that something is wrong and search the area more carefully...

If they are able to find the biker @ 5:25am.. there is a possibility that he could be saved...

this is just too much...they should install more cameras along all our roads

too much? does this happen everyday? use logic to think before you post

Actually maybe the bike simply ride too fast and skidded? Maybe this is not hit and run? I really don know as 5am in the morning some bikers could be damn sleepy or maybe they ride ultra fast. I ever encounter biker ride past me in PIE. I was doing 140km/hour at 5am and he dashed past me and disappeared in 3-5 seconds. Maybe around 220km/hour or so.

because of the bends????

At so early hours skid got accident with other vehciles????

because of today's rain cannot find victim?

Turbocharged

Actually maybe the bike simply ride too fast and skidded? Maybe this is not hit and run? I really don know as 5am in the morning some bikers could be damn sleepy or maybe they ride ultra fast. I ever encounter biker ride past me in PIE. I was doing 140km/hour at 5am and he dashed past me and disappeared in 3-5 seconds. Maybe around 220km/hour or so.

I also ever encounter a moron who, if brains were dynamite wouldn't even have enough to blow his own nose.

Damn sad!

If indeed it was a hit and run accident, I hope the culprit gets caught and severely punished.

1) Wished the 1st and 2nd callers were able to stay behind to render some help

2) Wished SCDF team had made greater effort to find the victim upon the first call. They could have checked with TP/LTA for details of the bike's owner and contact the family etc.. before leaving the scene upon the 1st visit.

3) After receiving the 2nd call @ 9.15 a.m., it is preposterous for SCDF to miss the victim's body again.

SAD!! Very sad indeed! [bigcry]

Damn sad!

bochupness cause a man's death... RIP

Turbocharged

If indeed it was a hit and run accident, I hope the culprit gets caught and severely punished.

1) Wished the 1st and 2nd callers were able to stay behind to render some help

2) Wished SCDF team had made greater effort to find the victim upon the first call. They could have checked with TP/LTA for details of the bike's owner and contact the family etc.. before leaving the scene upon the 1st visit.

3) After receiving the 2nd call @ 9.15 a.m., it is preposterous for SCDF to miss the victim's body again.

SAD!! Very sad indeed! [bigcry]

Yeah, I'm not really into whacking emergency services who generally do a tough job pretty well, but in this instance you have to wonder what the feck was going on...

As to those that called in, I'm in two minds. On the one hand, to see someone lying in the centre divider and not stop seems terrible, on the other side though, I could imagine that at 90km/h, by the time you've processed what you've seen, and then been able to pull over to a stop you are going to be a long way from the site. Given this, it's not so easy to stop and go back.

Yeah, I'm not really into whacking emergency services who generally do a tough job pretty well, but in this instance you have to wonder what the feck was going on...

As to those that called in, I'm in two minds. On the one hand, to see someone lying in the centre divider and not stop seems terrible, on the other side though, I could imagine that at 90km/h, by the time you've processed what you've seen, and then been able to pull over to a stop you are going to be a long way from the site. Given this, it's not so easy to stop and go back.

I agree. It is not always possible for callers to stop and render help for some valid reason. Regarding SCDF, I wonder why it happened the way it did.

Damn sad!

Mr Muhammad's father, Mr Mohd Nor, 45, said his family had never supported his son's decision to ride a motorcycle, according to The New Paper. However he had insisted that it was more convenient than taking the bus or MRT.[/b]

Looking at the number of people not giving up driving, it is indeed that the public transport is less inconvenient and only MIW keep praising it to be world grass, but they themselves are not using it.

↡ Advertisement