Lexus GS 250: Engine Sound Generator?

Rosschang

was just browsing the spec of the new GS 250 (250 only?... where's the 300 and 350?... bloody hell)...

and scroll to the bottom "Additional Comments" section... saw "Engine Sound Generator"... WTF iz that?... my gosh.....~~!

↡ Advertisement

Twincharged

Latest Mercedes SLK,Audi S8 also got this function,it used the car audio to produce a sound to make the engine sound better.

Twincharged

For the lastest Audi S8,during 'light' engine note,the engine become a V4,so they used the Audio speaker,to produce a sound effect,so that the car still got the V8 sound under light load.

I have a modified exhaust. Everytime, while ferry my bike in the boot (without fully shut), the sound of exhaust intrude my cabin is sweet.

No neeed sound generator. This is pure exhaust sound.

that is the air in take sound tune by yamaha.

i test drove the 250 and 350 2 days ago. nice car. very different to the previous gen GS. suspension is much stiffer but steering feel is still a tad too light in normal and sport mode. the S+ mode did add extra weight to it though.

a very high spec offering from BM. HUD is nice. the reversal cam also solid. the front console is leather wrap. not plastic, not soft plastic. the seat on the lux version is VERY comfortable with 18 ways adjustment. you can tune it like a sport seat that it will warp around you firmly.

no parking brake. it will engage itself once you shift to P and disengage when shift to D.

the car is very quiet but once you floor it, that engine sound is just so thrilling.

the 0-100 for the 250 on spec is 8.8 IIRC but the car don't feel under power to me at least. although same engine as IS250, the 1st and 2nd gear did not feel like girl girl. both are very willing to rev but needless to say the 350 has more guts.

it is a very nice car. i like it a lot. the only thing that put me off was the rear center seat. this is at most a 4 seater (include driver) just cant imagine paying 250+K and still no decent seat for the rear center. for someone who can only afford 1 car, at this price i am not willing to give that up.

btw, saw a new LFA there waiting for his new owner. Yellow. NICE!

Wow... didn't know car manufacturer are going these route liao... what sort of market research are they reading???

and I tot the Vent in the Camero that open to channel engine sound to the driver was stupid... this, is even more absurd...

Hi Guys,

thinking of buying GS250 or Merc C class?

any feed back

u check the price 1st than think which one to compare with c class..

I have test drive GS2500 they quote me $244,000

but havnt try merc class c

that's the basic one,

the basic one not mush thing,

top-up 10k for the mid range GS,

got better function,

btw if u are looking @ GS than u should be looking @ E-class/523/XF..

all this is GS range.. [:)]

Twincharged

maybe he is comparing basic GS250 with C250 CGI

GS250 & C250 are NOT the same class..Maybe compare with E250.

Neutral Newbie

Do they offer you 5 yrs warranty? the SA told me standard is 3yr but since i'm ex-lexus owner, she'll throw in 5 yr warranty.

I think that's pure b-s!

You will be surprise how much they are willing to knock off from their listed pricing. For Lexus, you really need to bargain hard.

Never settle on your first visit.

I have test drive GS2500 they quote me $244,000

but havnt try merc class c

↡ Advertisement